• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Windowed Mode, No Intro and all the other such choices

Started by JoeST, January 27, 2008, 11:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

final_transit

To achieve the same on a Mac, simply press the 'Option' key when starting the app. It will show a window of options to choose from. :)

Fancy Flight

Hi, sorry for bumping an old post

I tried playing the game in windowed mode and I don't have a problem switching it to that mode, but while I'm in that mode, I can no longer scroll the view by moving my mouse to the edge of the map.  The pointer moves off the screen before it scrolls.  I switched back to full screen mode to test it and I can get the edge scrolling to work again.  So my question is, do I have to choose between playing in windowed mode or having edge scrolling?

Thank you

City Builder

Try holding down the right mouse button while moving your mouse.  It's been a while since I've fired up SC4 however I never used the edge push screen system as it's laggy, so I've always just used the mouse button and moved my mouse to move the screen around, on my computers it's always been more responsive anyway.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

xxdita

All you have to do is right-click & drag to the area you want. Or click on the minimap in the left hand corner to go to a specific area.

SteveMSim

I found that it is necessary to type in the -UserDir: parameter if you move your Documents folder to another drive with the SimCity folder containing your custom regions and custom content files in the plugins folder.  I moved my Documents folder with all of its data onto an external drive to free up space on my hard drive.  I set the target path for My Documents to the new drive.  I was told that any program that uses the My Documents folder will go to that drive.  However, I left the game files in the Program Files directory alone.  When I started my game I found that only the default regions were showing, and when I loaded a city, no custom content was showing up.  I found this tutorial while trying to find a solution to my problem.  I added the -UserDir: parameter with the new filepath and restarted the game.  All of my regions showed up and when I loaded a city, and all custom content was available again.