• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

The dusting of my harddrive. This is a project I am working on get done:

The grid is where the water is going. Its inspired by the Copenhagen Harbourbus:

Looking at this picture, I think I need to adjust the color towards a more orange tone yellow.

Harbourbus is boat and not a bus in the harbour:

deora

QuoteHarbourbus is a boat and not a bus in the harbour

Haha,and a Watertaxi is not a Yellow Cab in the water $%Grinno$%

Odd jokes aside,your new harbour-bus looks great.I wonder what it will replace,i mean you already have the large ferry which yu showed a few days ago.
Or will the harbour-bus replace on of the other medium sized boats that spawn when placing the marina?

belfastsocrates

Oh I like the harbourbus!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

TheTeaCat

wow this one is awesome!
(not the bus in the harbour :D )
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

vester

Thank you for the comments.

Quote from: deora on October 26, 2014, 03:52:54 PM
I wonder what it will replace,i mean you already have the large ferry which yu showed a few days ago.
Or will the harbour-bus replace on of the other medium sized boats that spawn when placing the marina?

As I see it, there are two kinds of ferries: Car ferries and passenger ferries.
So the plan is to make it into a passenger ferry as well.

vester

Around 70 % through the different colors:

Corsica Ferries -Sardinia Ferries.

Had a report about the UDI icons is not showing up, not even the default icons for the passenger ferry.
Been trying my luck with different properties/settings, but so far no luck.

compdude787

Quote from: vester on October 29, 2014, 02:48:18 PM
Around 70 % through the different colors:

Corsica Ferries -Sardinia Ferries.

Had a report about the UDI icons is not showing up, not even the default icons for the passenger ferry.
Been trying my luck with different properties/settings, but so far no luck.

Could it be that it only will allow UDI with the default Maxis ferries? That's just a guess; I'd love to be proved wrong. But then again, UDI is probably pretty limited anyway because it was just something that was thrown into Rush Hour at the last minute, kinda like how the MHW were changed from four lanes to six at the last minute because EA wanted the freeways to look more urban, and a four-lane freeway doesn't look very urban-like.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vester

Hope to prove you wrong. We couldn't get the nightlights on the ferries (Vil, Rivit and me), so maybe its just something with the ferries.
Still have a few options to test out first, before throwing in the towel.

So far all the trains has UDI icons to my knowledge....

vester

Another tease, 1 more out of 15 in total:

Sidney Harbour Ferries.

noahclem

Looks outstanding  &apls &apls  :o :o  Best of luck with the UDI and nightlighting issues :)

vester

For some reason I think we are not going to get the nightlights to work,

but I got the UDI to work.  ;D

Well you will have to live with one minor problem..... its either two icons or nore.

vester

Been working on the ACTV Motonavi Cruise Ship:

At the moment I am working on placing windows and other details.

This model is inspired by the Venice ACTV motorboats.

deora

From what i can see is that the Boat looks exellent.I`m glad that you choosed a not too modern looking style.
I wonder what those fins on the chimneys are for (at least i think those are chimneys...)

vortext

Great to see more ferries, the latest is very nice. :thumbsup:

Though not surprising perhaps I especially like the older models on the page you linked to. Any change you'll be making an older variant?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Time to try out the harbour bus in game. If that works I will start assemble these. take pictures and all the other works to get them to you.

EDIT: Time to do some assembling.

Deora: The fins are on the chimneys. One can only guess what they are for. Keeping water out of the chimneys ?

Erik: Maybe if I find the time for it. Would something like the Altino or the Torino do ?

vortext

Yes the Altino would be great to have that ingame.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simcoug

I second that - the Altino would be great to have in SC4  :thumbsup:

:)

vester

Got a little help from Tropod, so now the second UDI icons is gone. Have updated the files on the exchange.

EDIT:

A game picture:

vester

Spawn of Copenhagen Harbour Bus:

Jack_wilds

looks like promising fun for the :thumbsup: waters...