• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omgitskosc

Positively sublime! I really like the design of that hospital.

Akallan

BAT FAR! $%Grinno$% It is the BAT that miss the most in my opinion!
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

edwardvegas.COM

Amazing work as always. I want to see your next job. &apls
It will be very big on my part but ... more buildings of Los Angeles ??? :D

mattb325

Thanks guys...glad you like the hospital, I'm rather fond of it too.

The next one almost feels like a total anti-climax by comparison...but not all buildings can be superstars  :P

Haven't done the FAR  overhanging lot yet.

Also, I released this one:

Here:http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3692

Andreas

Heh, after the large police station and a somewhat large hospital, I was expecting a large fire station as well. ;) For some reason, in other countries, there seem to be lots of small fire stations spread across the cities, which makes sense, since it cuts down response time. However, in Germany, they tend to build larger facilities, sometimes with 10-20 garage doors next to each other, that serve a big portion of the city.

I guess this is mainly to cut down costs, since large communities employ professional fire fighters who need accomodation right at the fire station. Anyway, it's just an observation that I stumbled across when I look at those cute little fire stations that are published, whereas I'm hoping to see a large-scaled one with lots of garages. :)

Nice work on the 100 King Street, too, it looks just grand and will suit some of the fancy Maxis stuff of that size and building style!
Andreas

bombardiere

Thank you for the Lutyens building. I like this kind of grand imperial style. I once looked into London County Council building, but so far it just a backburn idea.

Also I do thank for all your upload, but I want especially thank you for rework of the Sidney rowhouses. For some reason I liked those a lot, but original work did show their age. Thus I am happy to get remastered editions.  :thumbsup:

mattb325

Thanks guys. Glad you like the new Sydney terraces. They were the reason I started batting for this game (i.e. no Australian buildings at the time).

I do remember the fire-stations in Germany. They are indeed massive affairs....but maybe a little too large for SC4, so I guess that's why there are so many dinky ones  :D

This next one is going to be for the FAR-3 to Ortho road (although I haven't done that lot yet...still so much lotting to do  ::)

omgitskosc

Lovely stuff. The colored lighting really adds flair! Same with the fire station and those colored columns in between the windows. The choice of red, blue and yellow remind me of Google's colors (sans the green).

bladeberkman

I am LOVING these civic creations! It's nice to have some extra variety in the civics and rewards department. The night lighting on that courthouse really brings a smile to my face (oh, and the rest of it is good, too :P).  :popcorn:

fantozzi

Diversified architecture and superb textures on the courthouse.  &apls

The night lights made remember a word by the great german poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:

"Be noble by day but smutty at night
So your life will be the most bright"
(Seid reinlich bei Tage und säuisch bei Nacht
So habt ihrs auf Erden am weitsten gebracht.
)

Never thought those words would fit pretty well on quite some courts.  :D

mattb325

Thank you guys. There's a saying: "the law is an ass". I guess I might as well make that ass look smutty at night  ;)

I've uploaded the 7.5m E-RRW railway station:

Here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3693

I've lotted the FAR versions of the previous entries. Many are focusing on being able to handle the inevitable transitions back to Ortho roads that are needed for quick and easy RCI development.

The hospital makes the transition from Far at the front/die to ortho at the back:

The Law courts straddle the FAR to Ortho stub starter piece:

And I've made a college to add to the mix:

And this makes the FAR at the front, ortho at the back transition:

Tyberius06

Wow!!!  &apls &apls &apls
Truely beautiful and useful creations they are! :) Very nice job!
Also thanks for sharing the L1 station.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

art128

Very interested in the law courts, hospital and college.... Nice.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Nice to see diagonal building  :)

Good models as usual  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

belfastsocrates

Absolutely loving this civic buildings! Superb work
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

fantozzi

Now ... this reminds me of the movie "Space Balls". At a certain point they change from light speed to ludicrous speed.
I think that's the speed Matt is working at too.

I'm convinced those FAR-lots will lead to new concepts in city journals. They will allow urban network layouts we didn't see much before.  :bnn: What a great idea again!  :bnn:

noahclem

Wow, this is just incredible! I think you're now safely the most prolific ever creator of FA lots and bats with only cp coming close iirc, and this collection probably makes up a majority of what's available in that type if one sets aside his work (not counting bats incidentally FA that aren't possible to use in that context without significant effort). It's really an awesome option to have that's capable of adding no small amount of realism to city creations. I'm almost surprised there isn't an FA version of the King street bat given your prolific output of late. Thanks for all these gems!

matias93

That university building is so delicious!! It overwhelmed my visual senses and spilled to the other senses!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

korver

Wonderful to see all these new FAR buildings, stunning work as usual :)

mattb325

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you like the FAR models and I do hope they will find some good use and get folks using the NAM options a little more frequently.

They are certainly a little more challenging to make with the odd angles, but that suits me fine  :satisfied:

I guess with the 8th model in this series (and still more that I want to make), that I will put all of these into a prop pack.

Next up, an elementary school:

Obviously I haven't made the FAR road version yet, but this should be also able to straddle a diagonal road at the back....