• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Railroad crossings and other traffic props

Started by jondor, May 31, 2011, 02:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exla357

jondor

Not much to report, just the old style wide crossbucks have been updated and given their HD textures.  Depending on their installation date and the railroad in question, wigwags may have been installed with either these or the modern narrower style, or sometimes none at all.

Of course, all these options will be available in the finished mod.

http://www.youtube.com/v/cIEfEjataNg?hl=en&fs=1
I was lucky enough to catch a train just the right length to sync up the spin up and spin down animations of the wigwags.  :P

I spent part of my evening getting a flat tire repaired  &mmm  and the rest shuffling IIDs around so that all these props are better organized, especially when I start adding diagonal and mirrored versions.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

MandelSoft

Some progress from my side...

I've replace the stoplights on the regular 3 and 4-way road intersections and all TuLEPs!

Close-up:

And the best part is: you can test them right now! I attached to this post the first test version. This version contains:

- Various stoplight styles (only install one):
   - Generic Style
   - Dutch Style
   - German Style #1 (same as Generic Style, but with 'negative' yellow and red turn arrows)
   - German Style #2 (same as US Style Black, but with 'negative' yellow and red turn arrows)
   - UK Style (same as US Style Black, but with other turn arrows)
   - US Style Black
   - US Style Yellow
- German styled stoplight Posts.
- Two different T21 files (only install one):
   - Euro RHD
   - US RHD

Please, go out and test it and I would like some feedback  ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nexis4Jersey

Can i request some traffic light designs?

MandelSoft

^^ Of course! Please show some pictures  ;)

Terring7

Those crossing props will appear automatic or we can choose which one we want to use?
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

jdenm8

God I'd love an Australian version of those light arms which are on about a 110° angle instead of a 90° one. As well as that, there's only one head under any circumstances with the Right-turn arrows integrated as modular additions, as well as an additional light on the vertical pole with left turn arrows.

Probably the best picture on the internet:

EDIT: Better pic :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

rhwfanatic221

Quote from: mrtnrln on June 23, 2011, 01:59:00 AM
Some progress from my side...

I've replace the stoplights on the regular 3 and 4-way road intersections and all TuLEPs!

Close-up:

And the best part is: you can test them right now! I attached to this post the first test version. This version contains:

- Various stoplight styles (only install one):
   - Generic Style
   - Dutch Style
   - German Style #1 (same as Generic Style, but with 'negative' yellow and red turn arrows)
   - German Style #2 (same as US Style Black, but with 'negative' yellow and red turn arrows)
   - UK Style (same as US Style Black, but with other turn arrows)
   - US Style Black
   - US Style Yellow <
- German styled stoplight Posts.
- Two different T21 files (only install one):
   - Euro RHD
   - US RHD <

Please, go out and test it and I would like some feedback  ;)

Best,
Maarten

I have some issues trying to use these  &mmm

Without using any NAM related intersections it works just fine, avenues don't have the yellow lights but the gantries show up fine with lights...

Then when I do use NAM related material your stoplights don't come up right like in this photo ^

The ones I bolded were the models I tried to use... I placed these under the NAM folder and kept the Z_Stoplights_Examplars_Posts.dat file, and the StoplightsPosts folder.
I hope this is just me, cause I would really like to use these

Nexis4Jersey

A Set of Different NJ lights would be nice , with the examples down below to help you...

The Modern Urban Jersey 2 lane road light mast with golden ball top...

100_7186 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

The New Union County Mast and Black traffic light , it can be extended to up to 6 lanes

100_1627 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

100_1605 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

It would be interesting to see type of light in the game , a Doghouse light could be used on the Tuleps...

101_0233 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

A Wire Span traffic light in the game would be nice aswell...

100_1871 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

WV 2 northbound @ Veterans Drive-Follansbee, WV by PennDOTFan, on Flickr

Could you make a single pole that would hold up all the lights , like in the pic below?

DSC04412 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

TiFlo

Quote from: mrtnrln on June 23, 2011, 01:59:00 AMSome progress from my side...
*snip*
Best,
Maarten
This is the best thing to happen in SC4 in a long time. Fantastic work Maarten!

MandelSoft

Quote from: jdenm8 on June 23, 2011, 05:04:46 AM
God I'd love an Australian version of those light arms which are on about a 110° angle instead of a 90° one. As well as that, there's only one head under any circumstances with the Right-turn arrows integrated as modular additions, as well as an additional light on the vertical pole with left turn arrows.

Probably the best picture on the internet:
[image]

EDIT: Better pic :P
[image]
The german sign masts in RL also have a 110° angle, but they look freaky in-game when it spans 6 or 8 lanes, when you also want to use the stoplights for straight arm posts...

Quote from: rhwfanatic221 on June 23, 2011, 06:31:06 AM
I have some issues trying to use these  &mmm
[image]
Without using any NAM related intersections it works just fine, avenues don't have the yellow lights but the gantries show up fine with lights...
[image]

Then when I do use NAM related material your stoplights don't come up right like in this photo ^

The ones I bolded were the models I tried to use... I placed these under the NAM folder and kept the Z_Stoplights_Examplars_Posts.dat file, and the StoplightsPosts folder.
I hope this is just me, cause I would really like to use these
Maybe you should try to load it after the NAM. See if that works.

@Nexis: I will indeed model some more mast types. Also, some different stoplight models (like the doghouse one) are under consideration, but I guess I have to check the MUTCD how to use them...

jdenm8

Quote from: mrtnrln on June 23, 2011, 07:27:50 AM
The german sign masts in RL also have a 110° angle, but they look freaky in-game when it spans 6 or 8 lanes, when you also want to use the stoplights for straight arm posts...
Maybe you should try to load it after the NAM. See if that works.

Actually, we get around the problem with centre-mounting, with another light in the concrete median on the other side, so a mast never goes further than 2 lanes and there's only ever one head on the mast.

MandelSoft

We would do that too here, but unfortunately the TuLEPs don't have a median...

io_bg

Great work jdenm8 and Maarten!
Maarten, if you don't mind I'd like to request some Bulgarian lights too :P They're all black and they're not rounded like your ones. Since I couldn't find any pics to help you understand what I mean I'll try to take some when I can.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

jdenm8

()what()

Just your texture pack that doesn't have them  ;)

More info :P

Usual layout, applies for nearly all widths and configurations:

TiFlo

Some quick feedback.

If I plop Tulep intersections, I do get your new yellow US lights. However, it doesn't seem to work on any standard Maxis intersection (road to road, road to avenue). I still get the new posts, but not the yellow lights (the Maxis black ones do show up though). Am I doing something wrong?

I checked several times that your files load after the NAM. I installed the Exemplars_Posts, SignalModels_US_Yellow (tried the black one, didn't change anything), T21_US_RHD and the entire StoplightPosts_D folder, although I don't think I need it.

MandelSoft

@jdenm8: Well, I guess that's the problem when you're making a T21 mod compatible with all texture sets...
@TiFlo: I've checked my files and I couldn't find anything what's causing the problem. I can't even replicate the problem...

Flatron

i've got a question concerning the position of the traffic lights because in my area they are usually placed on the side of the crossing, from where the traffic comes that has to respect them.

MandelSoft

^^ Then you should install the Euro version of the T21 file of this mod, which places them at the adjenct side of the intersection (instead of the opposite). This is a common setup in Europe.

Aaron Graham

Lovely stoplights in the pictures above, I have been thinking on doing som stoplights myself. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy