• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Where are the cars?

Started by Streetcrip25, October 09, 2009, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Streetcrip25

That's the situation: I have 2 computers here, the main computer (a desktop) and a notebook. I usually play sim city 4 at the main computer, but sometimes I play at the notebook. I have NAM, CAM, a lot of archives (only lots, models) in the plugin folder and some huge cities on the main computer. Then I've tried to copy the plugin folder to the notebook including regions too.
Already copied, I've initialized the game, and a BIG PROBLEM surrender me...
NO CARS, NO BUSES, NOTHING on the roads, avenues, streets...only the helicopters from the hospitals and policial districts. Then I have uninstalled the game, all these plugins too, and installed again (just the game), nothing about the plugins or either. And the problem continues...nothing 'bout cars!

What I need to do to solve this problem?

Tarkus

First of all, welcome to SC4D!  It sounds to me like you mistakenly installed one of the "Park and Ride" Traffic Plugins that come with the NAM.  These plugins require cars to park in parking lots in order for sims to use them to commute--otherwise, they'll walk.

Try reinstalling the NAM and making sure you don't select a Traffic Plugin that says "Park and Ride" on it in the installer.

Hope that helps!

-Alex

emgmod

Wait, do you mean no sims are driving cars, or is there no automata (Visual) cars?

joelyboy911

Hello, I think you have perhaps changed the visual settings, in your game. If the computer has relatively low processor speed, or RAM (or something, I don't know a lot about computers) then it might automatically set it to low default settings.

I happen to know that setting it to 'Low' will mean zero cars will be driving on the roads. I never knew, however, that helicopters remained. I also was not sure whether you meant cars visually appearing on the streets, roads, highways (automata) OR when you use the 'Trip Query' function, it showed no cars or buses were using the route (commuters).

Perhaps this was obvious and you already changed the settings - If so, sorry. I don't know any other reason why it would happen.

Good luck solving your problem.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian