• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Hey, I was wondering if you had seen the info posted in that thread about avenue curves, I guess you have, but if so, are you going to update your textures "again" to remove the gridification?

Its looking mighty amazing in here, and you say your not as good as wou or other people, but your redefining the game with every post... I dont see the logic there...

Joe

EDITJoe, thanks for calling ebina's post in this thread [linkie] to my attention.  I'm going to wrap the current retexturing now, but will be playing with making things perfect between now and the next update release of the NAM. -DE
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dedgren

Another sad day for MDing.

Our great friend Derry (TheTeaCat) is going through a real rough RL patch right now, and he's decided to bring his marvelous MD Tales at Tea Time to a close.

Now, I'm sure our friend will be back with something new for all of us to enjoy someday, but that's not what's really important.  It'd be great if Derry could hear from us today about how much we've appreciated what we've been given already.  Here's the [linkie].

Thanks so much.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

dedgren

Hey, dude, where's my grid?

The retexture is done- at least for beta purposes!

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

metarvo

Quote from: dedgren on September 07, 2008, 06:40:30 PM

Hey, dude, where's my grid?

What grid could you possibly be referring to, David? :thumbsup:

()sad() On a more serious note, it is sad to see another MD close its doors.  I do plan to read Tales at Tea Time.  That is, when I'm not reading something else.  Let's see... it has the word "three" in it, and... yes, it's that one.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sithlrd98

Well , here is my first comment ...I Love it! Can't stand the grid...Hate the grid!

Ryan B.

Where's your grid, dude?  :P

girlfromverona

Me want! Me want! Me want!*
Just when you think something cannot get any better, David goes and does the impossible!  &apls

*Baby Speak translation: "I really can't wait to get my hands on this exceptional piece of modding."  :P

deathtopumpkins

&apls
Quote from: dedgrenThe retexture is done- at least for beta purposes!

So does that mean there'll be a beta soon? ::)

They really look great, and I can't believe it took 5 years to accomplish this! Why did no one attempt it before?  ()what() Oh yeah, because David is the only one capable of crazy enough to do it!  :D
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

JoeST

QuoteOh yeah, because David is the only one capable of it!
you could exchange the phrase capable of with crazy enough to attempt and it would still be a true statement :D :p

looking amazing as ever, that beta will draw me in i hope, Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

thundercrack83

I really have run out of things to say about your fantastic work here, David.

I've been trying to channel my inner-Roget and come up with something to say, but nothing adequate or appropriate come to mind.

You've cracked the SC4 atom.

Congratulations and job well done, my friend!

Dustin

Jmouse

That's the most stunning pic of 3RR I can recall seeing. Ever. I've heard it said that creating something very difficult and making it look easy is the mark of genius. Now I believe it.

Later...

Joan

threestooges

Aww, you broke it... you broke the grid. Wait a minute... that's good, and that pic is great. If those things I sent you look all right, I think I can get the ones started for this sort of thing too. Great work David, and I'll look forward to seeing what's next.
-Matt

meldolion

WOW that pic is great!! the grid is broken!!!  $%Grinno$%

Andreas

Wasn't "breaking the grid" something that Monte Cristo showed in their CitiesXL teasers? Now we might get that feature for our beloved SC4 well before the CitiesXL release... ;)
Andreas

MandelSoft

Grid? What grid?  $%Grinno$%

Nice work, David!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Shadow Assassin

Wow, I can't wait to give those textures a spin!

(Well, I can always get them right now... but I just don't have the time to play SC4.  :'()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

FrankU

So, when are you going to develop diagonal lots? And Fractional Angled Bridges?
This is already incredible....

Badsim

Hi Mister Master D.Edgren ,

To carry out these curves for SC4 is a feat , even more ; that's an enfranchisement .... (Hello , E.A. Games ? , have some bad news .... )
But after have seen different uses of the already available curves on CJs/MDs , I have to say that I haven't seen them so utterly & perfectly justified ( by relief  ...) than on these last pictures - #2 on the previous page is ....  &apls &apls &apls

More generally , I don't post many often at 3RR , I think that's not good for you to read - and for me to write - too many superlatives ! $%Grinno$%
No ... I'm joking . But many often I wonder "Where is he going - so where is he bringing us - with this titanic project for a simple man ? ...

I don't know . I'm even not sure you know yourself . 3RR is the most impressive undertaking of the entire SC4 galaxy ....
.... and it must be stressful . &Thk/(

Take care of yourself - and say hello to heather . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

dedgren

Just a few final pics from the doodle township I set up to test the wide curves, FAR and FARR in.

When I do these, I just grab whatever strikes my fancy from the game's built in "Timbuktu" region.  You can find this one if you look from the center of the region to the upper right.

I really enjoy the idea of being able to build roads that extend from an intersection and wind up into the hills.

This was to test positioning a bridge at the end of a puzzle piece.

I usually don't spend any time terraforming except for some basic smoothing and tree replanting, but I couldn't leave that canyon without a waterfall for folks to look at as they drove across the bridge.

Anyway, the retextured stuff is in the hands of the NAM Associates, which is a group of folks set up to assist the NAM Team with developing and perfecting content.  They are free to post pics here in 3RR to let folks see what they come up with- we'd love to see them.  The public beta test should start in about two weeks or so- please remind me with a post or PM if you are interested in being a beta tester and haven't let me know lately.  The official Wide Curves/FAR/FARR will be released with the next NAM Update, and we all know when that will arrive...

...NOT!

There have been so many great comments here; over 100 since the start of the month.  If you've asked a question or raised some interesting point you should check back to it a couple of days later- I've tried to start responding to comments here and there (and sometimes simply because your comment caught my eye) by using my magical admin powers to edit in replies.  Be assured, though, my friends, that even if I don't write a response, I read every comment carefully and really take them to heart.  3RR is what it is today by and large because you folks, the 3RR Regulars*, have made it that way.

David

*  A 3RR Regular, mind you, is anyone who has has ever posted here or over at 3RR-ST at least once.

122987 - We will likely hit 123456 within the next 24, for all you numerologists out there. -DE
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

Put me down as a tester, David. I'll do my best to help!

Dustin