• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

My Dad died

Started by Wiimeiser, October 25, 2011, 04:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Crossposted

Title. Heart attack at the gym apparently. I told him getting all that KFC wasn't a good idea.

What concerns me is our financial state. He had life insurance so we're OK for a while, but, it can't last forever. And with the country's recent taxing we'll probably have to buy only the essentials from now on.

Another thing that concerns me is account loss. He was the only one who could access our Sims 3 Store account. Mum does know his Email password apparently, so hopefully we can just reset all the passwords.

Lastly, he was the only one good with this tech stuff. No one I know has enough skill to repair any of our PCs if one breaks. If it breaks, it'll become an oversized paperweight. And we obviously can't afford to get store help...

I'm thinking of entering a TAFE course in either civil planning or game design next year. Hopefully, I might be able to get a job in either civil planning or game design...

Anything I can do? We're a family of 5 now...

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

chester

sorry about your dad. hope everything works out for you and your family.

thornyjohny

Sorry about your dad. I'm sure you and your family will be alright.

j-dub

I have to admit your bravery for sharing your personal life here, other sites, they are not into personal stuff so much. As sad as this is, not everyone has life insurance, so almost think of it this way, he died a hero, that he could still provide for some time after-life. Any parent(s) that can for their kids does a wise choice. I don't know your personal financial state, but in a suburb like mine, you had plenty of choices where there were cheaper price stores and brands that make a difference. Sure their have been stories about dollar stores, but savings do add up, can your siblings live without television service? 

Hope this makes you feel better, its not like everyone is a tech expert; its not like I can rip my PC apart, and start making upgrades, like put a new graphics card, or operating system in there, Win 7 will soon be out-dated too. Dang tech always changing out. In case your personal memories need back up, all you can do is upload your personal videos and photos to a Microsoft SkyDrive account or something, like right now before its too late. (Xbox live accounts seem to get SkyDrive too) Should your PC eventually fallout, the good news is, the slightly older stuff gets reduced in price. every store I have been to, its like they mostly care about these tablets, and laptops as their second, that newer desktops seem to get reduced in price because of this. Your going to have to stick with Windows for a while, Apple is just too expensive for a lot of us here.

Its funny you mention game design and civil planning. I wanted to do either of those two as well. I only got once chance to do serious civil planning with traffic redesign proposals just once. Hopefully that does work out for you, otherwise asking what you could do, I wold of said if you could find some spare income, like a temp retail job, but the economy is what it is, and at least you know your not alone in it. If your a good talker, unlike me, I am sure you could get work.

WC_EEND

Ouch, my condolences to you and your family. As I unfortunatley discovered in July, losing someone you care about is really tough on you (a friend of mine and a couple of other people on this site died in a car accident in July) so I can relate to how you feel.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project