• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

You have constructed a wonderful RHW interchange, deathtopumpkins.  The textures don't really bother me.  I have seen RL highways that have different shades of gray in different areas.

Haljackey, the Maxis highway intersections are equally impressive, although I won't expect anything less after viewing your previous creations on this thread.   Personally, I prefer Maxis highway over RHW in developed urban areas.  Obviously, your area is quite developed.

Congratulations, and keep up the good great work. &apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

art128

very nice casper !!  :thumbsup:
Haljackey  , excellent creation  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nerdly_dood

I have some of my own "upgraded avenues"...
but I'm too lazy to show them now ;D so probably later today.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Shiftred

I have two central bridges intersecting and wanted to keep the actaul intersections and congestion to a minimum in a tight space.

nerdly_dood

Very interesting setup you have there!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Nexis4Jersey

Heres some of my Interchanges from my new up coming farm region cj!

~ Corey Best~

deathtopumpkins

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Casper, excellent avenue. I think I'll have to go check out your MD just to see it in action.

And Shiftred, that is a cool interchange! Great idea.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

Nice diamond variant, Nexis - here, located in the CBD of the city I'm currently working on (I haven't gotten to anything other than the CBD yet - no burbage or mid-density yet), is my upgraded avenue intersection:

And here's the same intersection, with all possible ways of getting from one upgraded avenue to the other, ignoring the standard avenues:

Since it's in the CBD, I had to turn on the Zones data view (no zones are visible because everything is plopped) and I might get around to puttinig in an avenue filter eventually, but you cant even see it, so maybe that's defeating the purpose... :D

Shiftred

Nerdly and Nexis:  Thanks for you comments. Nerdly, your upgraded avenue has given me some ideas, too.
I think it took a couple hours to finally get all the roads, on-slopes, and terraforming done after several previous versions and brain stress. 

nerdly_dood

You could perhaps make an upgraded avenue with an avenue and a pair of MIS ramps, too. MIS can intersect orthagonally with roads, one-way roads and roundabouts, and avenues, but not streets, avenue, road or street roundabouts , or rail; I don't know about elevated Maxis highway. (Just make sure that you know which way the MIS is going - you have the Euro RHW mod, so it's hard to tell which side is which)

FrankU

Shiftred, that is a very nice and compact knot of lanes! I like it.

Nexis, I guess you levelled the land by 7 or 8 meters and then used the NAM puzzle pieces for the bridge? Looks good! Never thought of that, although it now appears so obvious. Like all great inventions....

metarvo

Impressive upgraded avenue intersection, nerdly_dood.  I just don't know how I would feel about driving through it, since it seems complicated.  There was one city near me that had a traffic circle (much like a OWR/avenue roundabout) at a five-way avenue intersection but removed it because it was causing traffic problems.  Ironically, I heard that they are thinking of rebuilding it to improve traffic flow.  Those engineers can't make up their minds, can they? &Thk/(

Nice work. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

The_Hutt

Here's a Directional "T" interchange of mine. Route 149 (Airport Access Road) makes a ninety degree turn here, and Route 56 begins/terminates at this intersection. This was a challenge because Route 149 is a right angle - a trumpet interchange would not have worked because the left-hand lanes of Route 149 would have gone to Route 56. Ultimately the solution was multiple flyover ramps and I have to admit it looks pretty good.

Enjoy!

The_Hutt

Sciurus

Nice but the lake is too squared :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Haljackey

Interesting how you make the main highway curve 90 degrees, The_Hutt.  However, there is a RHW-2 stuck between the curves. 

You can learn how properly make a 90 degree curve with the dual RHW curve piece here:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4584.0

Best,
-Haljackey

nerdly_dood

@ Haljackey: You show your tutorial, i show mine. ;)
Collector/Distributor Highway Guide

CasperVg

Ooh, concurrence here! Great interchange you've made, The_Hutt, I wish I was able to make flyovers  :thumbsup:
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Haljackey

Quote from: nerdly_dood on August 29, 2008, 09:29:53 AM
@ Haljackey: You show your tutorial, i show mine. ;)
Collector/Distributor Highway Guide

Ah, but thats not my tutorial  :P.  Click it!

nerdly_dood

Hmmm, so it isn't. This one is, though.... Anyway, back on topic...

I forgot what this one's called, but it involves the word "quadrant" i think...

Here's a partial-access diagonal collector/distributor split thing: