• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nego

Quote from: j-dub on August 16, 2010, 05:40:54 PM
Is this even real, I mean these numbers?

Quote from: icfan on August 16, 2010, 06:12:25 PM
I 493 can be seen in MA, it goes from the Cap to the NH Border, and 29 is probably out there idk if its a US, I made it US in my city area.

There actually is a US 29 and multiple US Business 29s. There is also an Interstate 93.

jonno

Quote from: travismking on August 16, 2010, 11:57:23 AM
looks good, but you have to go through a traffic light to go from one highway to the other which is not very realistic

That depends where you live.  The city I live in takes up over 460 square kilometers, but has no highways or freeways running through it.  Any of the few higher speed routes that run through the city (80 km/h) are full of stop lights and intersections.  The highway that circles the city is also full of traffic lights and only has a few overpasses/cloverleafs.

mikeski

Quote from: icfan on August 16, 2010, 06:12:25 PM
I 493 can be seen in MA, it goes from the Cap to the NH Border, and 29 is probably out there idk if its a US, I made it US in my city area.
US 29 runs between Maryland and Florida

Nego

Yes, yes it does, but I personally love Interstate 80. It runs from ware I live to San Francisco, one of my favorite cities in the whole universe! But anyway, does anybody have some intersections/interchanges they'd like to show us?

emgmod

\
Quote from: Hadrean2 on August 16, 2010, 12:43:32 AM
Which interchange is it based off of exactly? I live in SD, and I feel like I've seen it, but I'm not really sure
At the north end of I-805 where it meets I-5. The top part spurring off to CA-56 is in the wrong direction because I needed it to face that way.

Nego

Remember when we had to do this:

Well as you can see, I actually did this today (8/17/2010). I didn't use a texture mod, photoshopping, or anything like that.

*The only photo editing I did do was move the box that had the date in it over to the left so when I cropped the picture to abide by SC4D's rules, it would still be in the picture.

Ciuu96

@ Nego

I didn't even know what was RHW or NAM back in those times, i'm not sure did i even own SC4 yet, but still that picture rises some weird nostalgia-feeling in me  ;D Best pic in while, i say.
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

dare2go

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 15, 2010, 08:11:02 PM
Well, you should see our drivers when an imbecile in a Ute goes 45o (at 110km/h) across 4 lanes of motorway (cutting off traffic in every lane because *he's coming from the far right lane) because he* nearly misses the exit.

*he only applies to utes. Females do the same an various models of Toyota Sedan or Hatchback or a Nissan Altima/Pulsar.

Uhoh - that sounds like Queensland traffic!   $%Grinno$%
They can't read signs up there in Banana Republic. When it says clearly "Stay left unless you overtake" their brain tells them "Stay right unless you want to exit"...
Now all this needs an explanation for overseas friends: in Australia we drive on the left, like in England, Japan, and many British ex-colonies... Overtaking = passing in US English.

But jdenm8 - sounds like you haven't driven in (m)any developing countries in Asia or Latin America. On our journey through Latin America this scenario happened almost every day, in almost every country along the way:
You drive on a 2-lane road with a steep-ish mud ditch along the edge of the tar (or worse, a ravine w/o guard rails; or a steep hill with tree cover and thick branches sticking out into your lane) and right before reach a sharp bend ahead a bus comes hammering down behind you, going over 100 k's, and passes you - in the bend! Then you realise that in the oncoming lane an overloaded truck, swaying left and right because its load is too high, has to pass a threewheeler motorbike-taxi with 2 women passengers clutching 3 kids on their lap. And just past the bend a large chunk of tar has been washed away in your part of the lane during the last monsoon so you have to get around (weer into the oncoming lane) it or you'll break your suspension... So first you have to squeeze as far as possible to the edge, hope that the passing bus doesn't crash head-on into the truck, and then gets passed you quickly enough for you to get to the middle of the road to avoid the wash-out ahead of you... That's fun! Keeps you awake and alert all day (just don't wonder about the stiff shoulders at night).
SimCity - proof that the earth is flat

travismking

lol like egypt and india then? when I visited there I was amazed at the traffic law enforcement, or lack thereof. ppl pretty much just drive the way they want when and whichever side of the road they want to :p

adrianor

Quotelol like egypt and india then? when I visited there I was amazed at the traffic law enforcement, or lack thereof. ppl pretty much just drive the way they want when and whichever side of the road they want to :p

Haha, here in Lima too :P. Although I guess it's not as bad as Egypt (specially Cairo) and India, because Lima is not very big and dense, if you compare it to other mega cities.

beebs

I've always been fond of this one of mine. :)

Nego

Interesting. Though have you thought of updating to RHW v4.1.0?

Rionescu

Hmm, beauty in simplicity I guess.

I built this interchange a few days ago and it turned out well so I thought I'd share it. I don't think I missed any curves although that's all there is in the way of eye-candy.

travismking

a simple RHW terminus at an avenue, is fairly simple but I like it :)

ecoba

Very nice intersection, Beebsies.

@Nego: I'm pretty sure this was before the release of v4.0  ;)

Ethan

Nego

@Ecoba: That hadn't occurred to me, though it's probably true.

@Rionescu: Wow! That looks really similar to an interchange by where I live. Exit 47A off of I-80 East in NJ: Here

@Travismking: Nice :thumbsup:

Rionescu

Quote from: Nego on August 21, 2010, 09:14:55 AM
@Rionescu: Wow! That looks really similar to an interchange by where I live. Exit 47A off of I-80 East in NJ: Here

Wow, that's a really weird interchange. It took me a while to wrap my head around what the heck was happening  :P

vitorhnn

I've made this small intersection based at one near my house... ;D

(click for fullscreen)
I'm a mod on SimcityBrasil =)

Nexis4Jersey

Quote from: Rionescu on August 21, 2010, 03:48:51 PM
Wow, that's a really weird interchange. It took me a while to wrap my head around what the heck was happening  :P

At night i have taken the wrong exit many times ....its not fun because 280 brings you into the Urban core of my state and making a U-turn is annoying  ()sad()   But thats a baby interchange in my state there are bigger and more complex ones both for Road and Rail.

Haljackey

Some nice creations here!

beebs: Looks like a typical junction coming from you. Great work!

Rionescu: That's insanely creative! I like the smooth curves and lane shifts. The only thing I don't like is the eastbound to northbound connection, but I don't see too many other ways it could fit in and look good. A little too many curves and grade changes on it. Overall, very nice job!

travismking: Very interesting, that's a nice way to start/end a highway!

vitorhnn: Looks good, but watch your slopes. That looks really bumpy... I would suggest using a slope mod or leveling your terrain to create a more realistic interchange. See my RHW Interchange Guide (link in my signature) for a tutorial on how to make different types of trumpet interchanges (like the one you built).