• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zakuten

Wah, that's insane-- Imagine how crazy it'd be with development filling those spots in, haha~ Well, not to say you should, just how crazy giving directions would have to be.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Haljackey

Geesh, that's just nuts AzaToth! An octagon surrounded by octo-roundabouts!

Ryan B.

Quote from: Haljackey on November 07, 2010, 05:33:28 PM
I've seen that design before Ryan. Kind of defeats the purpose of the SPUI, but it looks so cool! It sort of looks like a mini-stack interchange when zoomed far away.

The length of ramp I used would be more appropriate if we had a SPUI-over-RHW-x piece.  I'm eagerly awaiting SPUI pieces for both over & under some of the wider RHWs.

oczomajster

My  2 intersections

Sorry for any mistakes! I'm writing with translator!

MandelSoft

The interchanges look great, althoug I would place the distance sign in the bottom picture one tile away from the RHW. Now its litterally on the surface of the RHW, meaning cars can collide onto it.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

cubby420

You crazy highway experts are out of my league...so I'll tone down the brains with something completely non-elegant and clumsy from my MD:

Take that smart people!

MandelSoft

Sure that's something different, but that has also its charms  ;)

j-dub

It also has a long, loud train sonic boom right past those residences, not to mention must cause serious delays, especially since the crossing is right by the traffic light, not to different from real life, but not something I like being in.

However, I think the avenue roundabout situation is a real nightmare, visually interesting, but a nightmare to be down there. Its difficult enough going through one of these avenue circles in rl as it is, since no one has to wait that long in comparison with the rail road, but no one also wants to give way at these avenue roundabouts, and I continuously hear the horns blowing, then again, that "nightmare" actually probably is not even, in comparison to the one circle around the Arc De Triumphe in France, that thing there is No way out, I bet the traffic even flows better in the magic avenue roundabout!

Haljackey

Quote from: cubby420 on November 10, 2010, 06:38:52 PM
You crazy highway experts are out of my league...so I'll tone down the brains with something completely non-elegant and clumsy

Take that smart people!

lol!

Well I do like the turn lane into the street. That's a little more complex than a standard road-street intersection.  :P

Original

In my Opinion.. That's the best I've seen yet oczomajster! :D  &apls
Here's my current progress on my first huge highway!

Death50

Orginal, you might want to fix those connection problems with the RHWs, other than that it's a good start. Interested to see it with a swarm of traffic.  :D
I've been looking for a long time but haven't posted much of anything. So I thought I would dip my foot in the pool of the RHW and made this...

-

-

It's between the 220 & 79 Expressway, which is on the outer rim of my main region I'm working on. Also noticed not much love for the desert cities.

Haljackey

Nice job Death50! Those are certainly some long loop ramps. If you were looking to make the interchange smaller, you could slope the loops so they come close to the centre.

As for desert cities, it just depends on your terrain mod. Typically cities in deserts are very unsustainable, so we should avoid building and expanding them in real life (Phoenix and Dubai, I'm looking at you!), but I guess it depends on personal preference in-game.

Death50

Well I have much more compact interchanges in other areas but that one I wanted something very wide, smooth, and orginal. Also it looks great with the surrounding farmland and homes. I'll update the pictures perhaps in the future.

Blue Lightning

Just bringing my latest interchange/highway system...

Since its a rather large mosaic, I'll link it. LINK.

Made a map of it too: LINK

EDIT: Someone say compact SPUI?

Could probably have made it even smaller if I didnt use the RHW-4 splitters.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Haljackey

Wow, that's a really nice highway in your mosaic Blue Lightning! I also like the hazard lines in that RHW 6C-4 transition.

In fact I have two questions about your mosaic:
1. Near the southbound loop ramp, you have a concrete median that curves a little bit. How did you do that? Is it downloadable?
2. There seems to be a bunch of those "lane entering" signs at many of your on ramps built into the RHW. Where did you get those?

Thanks in advance!

Oh and as for that SPUI, that's quite compact! I don't think it would get much smaller if you cut out those RHW splitters because they have to merge with the mainline at the end of the El-RHW transition. I doubt you would save a single tile... maybe one for the outer ramps.
-By the looks of the traffic, it looks like the interchange should be the other way around lol! The arterial has a lot more traffic than the RHW.  :P

MandelSoft

@Haljackey: I believe that's all PS'd into the picture. If you look closely, The lane markings are edited and the signs have no shadows...

Blue Lightning

Heh, thanks!

Yeah, everything (signs, extra pavement markings, fused shoulders, barriers) are photoshopped in. I model the signs in 3ds max, render them to an image, and import that image in.

Though, since those lane entering signs should technically appear on all entrance ramps, I suppose I could export those two signs and make a T21 mod for it.

And yeah, right now the SPUI setup is a bit backwards, since I haven't developed the city right next to it yet (that's right next to the neighbor connection). Maybe I should just make it a full 4 way :P
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Haljackey

Quote from: Blue Lightning on November 21, 2010, 06:52:01 AM

I model the signs in 3ds max, render them to an image, and import that image in.

I suppose I could export those two signs and make a T21 mod for it.

That would be awesome! The lane entering sign I use now has to be placed to the side of the road, and I have to be picky with it's location in order for it to look good. Your signs are not only large and HD, but seem to look fantastic wherever they're placed. They don't have to be T21ed into RHW itself, but could be ploppable as well.

Once again fantastic work. That's some sweet photoshopping skills, even if there are no shadows. I bet no one even noticed it until you pointed it out. :P

EDIT: While I'm here I may as well post something new. A medley of tight TuLEP intersections near a highway terminus.

canyonjumper

BL, amazing mosaic, but is the RHW-4C photoshopped in as well, or is it functional? Because that's something I've wanted in SC4 for a long time.

Your friend,
                                       Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

GDO29Anagram

I think it's rather redundant to have an RHW-4S and an RHW-4C, in terms of functionality, and yes, I also asked this to myself. BL likely Photoshopped that also.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums