• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcx

&apls

awesome intersections everyone!! I can't do those, I think I need the: "RHW, NAM & NWM for dummies" book :), I followed several tutorials but at the end I used the basic NAM stuff.

Rady

Quote from: tcx on February 09, 2011, 02:27:34 PM
awesome intersections everyone!! I can't do those, I think I need the: "RHW, NAM & NWM for dummies" book :), I followed several tutorials but at the end I used the basic NAM stuff.

Don't give up. I experienced the same feelings in the beginning  ???. Two thing's helped me a lot: (1) drawing down the planned interchange on a simple piece of paper in advance to see what I would need to do to make it a functional one (2) building the interchange in an empty city tile just for training purpose (several times of course, me beeing a "dummy", too .. ;D).
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Haljackey

Great work everyone! I have an enhancement to show.

Quote from: Haljackey on January 30, 2011, 03:17:21 PM
Three-Level Cloverstack Interchange:

Coming soon to the RHW Interchange Guide.

EDIT: It's there now! Link: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6843.msg364352#msg364352

I've modified the interchange to include merge lanes and to make it a little more compact.

Without eyecandy:

With eyecandy:
Click for full size.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7889/aragothdec1713129731205.jpg

Zoom in of one of the loop ramps to show detail.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Quote from: tcx on February 09, 2011, 02:27:34 PM
&apls

Have a look at the readme files and the NAM FAQ. The RHW thread's sticky post and the RHW Interchange Guide are also excellent places to find info and tips.

jp

here's a weird interchange I made yesterday

and a close up view

JoeST

that *is* weird. but pretty too.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Nego

Here's some of my recent creations:
Click for full size

Exit 3 (Hwy 10)

With some eyecandy:

Zooming out:

Another Interchange (Exit 4; Hwy 10):

Both interchanges (Hwy 10 in Stony Brook):

Note: The road circle in the pictures marks the approx. center of the town.

tcx

thanks for your advices, this is a basic and bad intersection I made before.

Original

Photo A; Creation of Downtown with [bottom area] Trumpet, through collector lanes and an avenue overpass. *Downtown Rouge

Photo B; 2 intersecting freeways, 3 interchanges, and a basket weave [top area] *Downtown Rouge

Photo C; Freeway Split due North and West.. Collector lanes proceed North with several interchanges (NOTE: Northern West Avenues are higher speed and will have sound walls and freeway signs! :b) *Rouge City North

*Still going to add tower lights, and sound walls! :)

Tell me what you think! There's always room for improvement! :)

ps; Great interchange JP!  &apls

Nego

Great interchanges, Original! I Especially like the first picture. Keep up the great work! &apls

samerton

@ Nego: Very nice interchanges  &apls
@ tcx: Great interchange with the Maxis highway. Nice and smooth  :thumbsup:
@ Original: Great! The interchanges look amazing. It must have taken a while to build them all  &apls

Haljackey

TCX: Looks nice, but you have another ramp awfully close to that trumpet interchange. weaving!  ::)

Very nice junctions Original! I like the use of braided ramps.

A few new ones from me:

Hastily built trumpet interchange along a mountainside expressway. This used to be a standard intersection but there were capacity and safety issues with it.

It was later modified to higher design standards.

An avenue intersection on the mountainside expressway. TuLEP slip lanes have since been added.

Intersections along a TLA-5, complete with centre turning lanes.

Lightly used freeway in a dense city.

Tight loop ramp on a hilly freeway incline.

Hope you liked em!

samerton

@ Haljackey:o Wow..! The highways really look great next to your huge cities.

Haljackey

Quote from: samerton on February 17, 2011, 08:25:59 AM
@ Haljackey:o Wow..! The highways really look great next to your huge cities.

Thanks! I developed the city some more. You can see how the freeway and expressway networks are the backbone of the city's design.

An expressway flies over a freeway. By my standards, freeways must contain acceleration/deceleration lanes for at least 5 tiles (most are 7-9 however).

New ramps on an expressway. This used to be an intersection. Soundwalls have been proposed to be built on the grassy right of way.

New diverging diamond built on the edge of a hill.

godjcjk12

Here's some pictures of a couple RHW interchanges.

samerton

@ Haljackey: Wow.. you keep making brilliant interchanges..!  &apls
@ godjcjk12: Very nice interchange there. I like the trees surrounding it. However, in future could you try to edit your first post to save double posting?  :)

kj3400

I've got two....I don't build too many complicated interchanges

The same one a little later....

I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

samerton

@ kj3400: Nice interchanges. Maybe a few more smooth curves could be used.. but great nevertheless.

Risu

I used to think this thread was overrated. Now I can see just how wrong I was. These are some gems!

chadmichael03

Would you say this is more turbine or windmill?

GDO29Anagram

@chadmichael03: I see you're getting accustomed to the SUYI thread... Welcome to the Show Us Your Interchanges Thread.

There's something peculiar about how the ramps split off and re-join... In fact, I've made a similar interchange before (Though a lot neater, but two-level)...

Both our interchanges are a type of Turbine/Windmill. Might as well pull out some pics from the tutorial thread. There's a distinct difference between a Turbine and Windmill.

Turbine (Larger than a Windmill; Wider turns; High capacity; A cost-effective alternative to 4-Level Stacks, if you've got the land for one...)

Windmill (Smaller than a Turbine; Has sharper turns; Consequently has lower capacity)

Mine's probably a weird mix of a Turbine and Windmill (A TurboMill?). Yours is probably a three-level turbine.

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums