• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

It's a cloverstack... With some... "Extra" features...

(OK doc, now you're just teasing with everyone... $%Grinno$% )
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Nego

@doctor25: An Elevated C-Style Ramp? That's Pretty cool. :D I want it now! ::) Great interchange, by the way. The surrounding area looks really nice, too. :thumbsup:

Kitsune

not only that.... but a rhw-4 to parallel mis is there too.... I had a great need for that recently.
~ NAM Team Member

cubby420

samerton

Great stuff, doctor25! Lots of great pieces from the new RHW there!  &apls

legoman786

It's an RHW-4 to AVE-4. I don't even know how to classify it. :P

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: legoman786 on May 28, 2011, 08:40:26 PM
I don't even know how to classify it. :P

Then I'll do the classifying for you. ;D

It's a modified T-style interchange that's more like a parasite to the neighbouring cloverleaf and diamond. Weaving is an ever-present problem in many interchange designs, which is caused by on-ramps and off-ramps being too close, leading to traffic going on the highway and traffic going off the highway mixing in a sort of suicidal ballet.
<INACTIVE>
-----

legoman786

Lol. &apls

What would you suggest then?

GDO29Anagram

Collector-distributor setups are the best choice of reducing the weaving problem. Basketweaves eliminate the problem entirely, but are more costly.

However, if there isn't much traffic going through, then it can stay the way it is.
<INACTIVE>
-----

legoman786

I did put it there for new developments to access the RHW4. I could get rid of the access MIS from the cloverleaf, however, that would only partially solve the problem... right?

I almost completely redid this interchange. Well, entry and exit points only.

j-dub

http://www.youtube.com/v/FYBylHpFcX4

Oh? Cool interchange bro. details are a major realistic improvement

Nego

Here is an example of a collector/distributor setup:

And a RL example just for the heck of it: :)
I-80 at Exit 42 for US-202

westamastaflash

Tonight's attempt at a roundabout intersection with North/South HOV lanes and, why not, a passenger train through the center. Off the top/bottom of the screen I'm using that great RHW6-RHW4+RHW2 in center intersection piece.

The traffic on the outer roundabout travels counter-clockwise, while the traffic on the inner, HOV, roundabout travels the opposite direction (clockwise).

Opkl

Quote from: westamastaflash on June 02, 2011, 08:08:16 PM
Tonight's attempt at a roundabout intersection with North/South HOV lanes and, why not, a passenger train through the center. Off the top/bottom of the screen I'm using that great RHW6-RHW4+RHW2 in center intersection piece.

The traffic on the outer roundabout travels counter-clockwise, while the traffic on the inner, HOV, roundabout travels the opposite direction (clockwise).

:o Very creative and unique. I (and I think many others) would LOVE to see a picture with cars and trains going by. BTW, what is your plan for that area? Residental, Comm., Industrial?

legoman786

Quote from: westamastaflash on June 02, 2011, 08:08:16 PM

Great interchange! Far more creative than what I can come up with at this time.

One thing though, I've noticed that the RHW4 and RHW2 (HOV) do not have any straight through lanes. Your setup is requiring all the traffic to use one of the 2 roundabouts, which could possibly, cause a congestion nightmare. Same goes foe the RHW4 (HOV) in the middle of the RHW6.

westamastaflash

Quote from: Opkl on June 02, 2011, 10:47:18 PM
I (and I think many others) would LOVE to see a picture with cars and trains going by. BTW, what is your plan for that area? Residental, Comm., Industrial?

This is a brand new region, so I'm not sure yet, but as this tile is plains, with hills in other tiles, I'll probably use this as my industrial center, with the main highway continuing to the commercial downtown to the east. Once I get some traffic passing through, I might try to landscape it and show the cars using it.

Quote from: legoman786 on June 02, 2011, 11:17:23 PM
One thing though, I've noticed that the RHW4 and RHW2 (HOV) do not have any straight through lanes. Your setup is requiring all the traffic to use one of the 2 roundabouts, which could possibly, cause a congestion nightmare. Same goes foe the RHW4 (HOV) in the middle of the RHW6.

You're right, I thought about that. After I started into building it, I realized that I wouldn't have enough space to do through lanes on the North/South highway (it actually becomes a RHW-6C, the HOV exit splits off in the center). As for the HOV lanes, originally my thought was that this would be the main destination for most workers, but I might revise that and make it a larger interchange.

Thanks for the comments!

westamastaflash

An updated version, larger, square with somewhat "rounded" edges. Now the North/South highway and the HOV lanes have through lanes which bypass the roundabout. Both roundabouts now go clockwise.

I had to convert the RHW-8 to two parallel RHW-4s because FlexFly won't go over RHW-8.

I'm thinking about modifying the top interchange to give a bit more space since cars coming off the HOV will have a tough time getting over to the exit on the right that quickly.

Opkl

Quote from: westamastaflash on June 03, 2011, 08:13:23 PM
An updated version, larger, square with somewhat "rounded" edges. Now the North/South highway and the HOV lanes have through lanes which bypass the roundabout. Both roundabouts now go clockwise.

I had to convert the RHW-8 to two parallel RHW-4s because FlexFly won't go over RHW-8.

I'm thinking about modifying the top interchange to give a bit more space since cars coming off the HOV will have a tough time getting over to the exit on the right that quickly.

I like this remake better. More clean and easier to follow. As for the top interchange, I would do a parclo with the ramps above the ave bridge. That would give the drivers more time to merge over. Don't forget the TuLEP's! ;D