• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ1

Awesome intersections everybody &apls &apls

Its not SC4, but Its intersections ive made so it counts  ;D

MR.Y

so and now build the first one in SC4...

TJ1

Quote from: MR.Y on July 11, 2011, 02:14:21 PM
so and now build the first one in SC4...

lol Ive tried it but was very unsuccessful, so I replaced it with this

Wiimeiser

Hopefully RHW 6.0 will fix that...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

apeguy

Quote from: TJ1 on July 11, 2011, 01:30:10 PM
Awesome intersections everybody &apls &apls

Its not SC4, but Its intersections ive made so it counts  ;D

I don't think I've seen this program before. Where did you get it, because I'd like to try this out. ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

TJ1

@apeguy: Its "CityScape 1.8" Its not really game its more like a urban planner program, But the official site is no longer exists, and its very hard to find, but you can try a Google search I do believe the promo version is still somewhere on the web.

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

apeguy

They could come in very useful for super-dense cities with no room, a couple of excellent ideas from Bripizza there. ()stsfd()

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

TJ1

Wiimeiser

It's a shame they're TE lots, but there better than nothing (though what did EA have to say about that crash bug?)
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 15, 2011, 06:00:41 PM
It's a shame they're TE lots, but there better than nothing (though what did EA have to say about that crash bug?)

I think what you're looking for is the cause of CTDs, which is where you hover a puzzle piece over a TE-lot, though there may be a few pieces that are actually immune to this.

It's that the NAM Team wouldn't allow TE-lots to be integrated as a part of the mod itself, especially if they're intersections, because they may interfere with the traffic simulator. Though this is third-party anyway, and it's what I call a "novelty intersection piece". I haven't seen more of their functionality yet...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Risu

Wait, does the CTD happen when just you plop the darn thing, or try UDI-ing over it?

DJSun1981

Quote from: Terring7 on July 15, 2011, 09:59:24 AM
New stuff made by Bripizza &dance

I am sad, I cannot use that, because I have the right hand version from SC4

jdenm8

@risu,

Neither. It CTDs when you hover the Puzzle Piece over a TE'd LOT Transit Enabled with the same network, or that's the understanding.
There are a pair of exceptions which are the Maxis Highways (Maxis had TE'd LOTs and PPs on working on those networks).

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GMT

So here's my first attempt at a large scale intersection...

and another shot with the paths shown, to ease interpretation (I hope you can see them)

basically, It's 2 10 lane highways crossing.
Since there's a lack of parts for 10 wide, I did a reduction to 8 wide, then applied a dual 4 wide splitter and then the intersection which basically allows for turns in every direction, incl. the direction one originally came from.
the Inner lanes are for thrutraffic as well as left-turning traffic.
the outer lanes are for right turning traffic and U-turning traffic.

What I tried was to keep the other area of the intersection symmetrical on all 4 sides with the cloverleaf-like structure, while keeping the inner area of the intersection symmetrical on the axis of the intersecting highway.
I also restricted myself to keep all the actual direction changes to the inside of the whole intersection layout, as well as to keep the lane merging as little as possible and without having too many on/off ramps. I ended up with a total of 12 ramps and 4 lane merging situations on MIS lanes.
The area covered amounts to 2364 tiles (605184m²), incl the 8->dual 4 lane splitter pieces it spans an area of 60x60 tiles, so it would just so fit onto a small city tile.

I created this intersection over the past 2 days with plenty of trial and error but without any tutorials or other helpful sources (even tho I was tempted I must admit).
Quite a challenge I chose for the first ever large scale intersection but I end up with quite a good result I think. At least I am proud of what I came up with after all the work  ()stsfd()

... really, it is. I swear.

Haljackey

Crazy GMT! Looks like a cloverleaf on steroids!

Here's what I think is my best-looking NAM Maxis stack interchange:

The new forum software allows the images to be expanded when you click on them, I think. Due to this I uploaded the original resolution images. Works for me, give it a try! :)

Zoom out:

Edit: actually they're still a little squished so here's the full size links:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4158/witburgaug4166131075706.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7504/witburgaug8166131075708.jpg

GMT

yeah you have to put a cloverleaf on steriods to get turns in all directions  :D

nice setup of your intersection btw, those additional maxis hwy interchanges are just perfect for downtown areas with limited area for taffic networks  &apls

wetsom

Main road - city bypass interchange.

wallasey

Take it that isn't UK compatible?

Wetsom: Your image is great, like the buildings and tram!

Here is my offering, a trumpet interchange in a yet to be developed tile. Needs planting and lighting (must have lighting!!!!)

GMT

wallasey, might I suggest the use of wide radius curves on the MIS? other than that a nice intersection