• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raoshuai

bat

Great work on your intersections, @ all!

Ryan B.

I showed my first attempt at a cloverstack a little while ago (maybe last page), but here's the Granddaddy of 'em all - a high-capacity, three-level cloverstack interchange. 

Thoughts?  Suggestions on how I can improve it?

Tarkus

Some nice creations here, guys!

And Ryan, I think you really showed off some of the new RHW Version 5.0 features well there, putting the new 6C and 8C functionality to good use. :thumbsup:

-Alex

Ramona Brie

I have to agree. Lots of nice functionality. And I like the name of your town...  :P

Nanami

Risu

@Ryan:- Wow, that's incredible! One question tho' - Are those "big-dig" pieces really fucntional, or just eye candy? My guess is they use FLUPs to connect....?

Tarkus

Quote from: SimRisu on September 05, 2011, 11:40:38 PM
One question tho' - Are those "big-dig" pieces really fucntional, or just eye candy? My guess is they use FLUPs to connect....?

They predate the FLUPs system by a couple of years, actually.  FLUPs were introduced in NAM Version 24 in January 2009, while all the Big Dig ramps were originally released in late 2006.  They're basically TE Lots with a transit switch, converting Car traffic coming off an OWR to Subway traffic--as such, they don't allow Freight or Buses and aren't UDI-compatible.

-Alex

McDuell

Some more pictures from my collection. They won't be as complex as usual (well, most of them ;)).

Trying to recreate a Median U Turn, aka 'Michigan Left'. As there are no pieces (yet) that prevent left turns at intersections, I had to rely on an underpass for going straight.

Two interleaved junctions

A higher capacity Diamond.

I kind of like this one, simply because it works: An RHW-8C/6C junction combined with OWR-3 and Ave-2.

Two full Y's, ortho-ortho-diag:

... and diag-diag-ortho:

Pinavia revisited: A diag-diag version.

As powerful as the RHW is, I sometimes still miss a few pieces. Because of that, and when I want to build some really compact interchanges, I rely on the rail network, imaginally using the tracks as 'OWR'. This has nothing to do with realism though, just pure fun. And after all, these are interchanges as well :P. Anyway, here is a 5-way rail 'interchange':

You can also go 6-way:

(click on any image for full size)

Have fun  ;D
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

art128

What the hell is that train interchange!  ??? :o
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

apeguy

Awesome interchanges! Have you considered making a tutorial for a Pinavia Interchange. ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Elydion

Here is my attempt at building a 2.5 highway interchange (2 highways crossing and continuing and one terminating at the interchange.
Had real fun building this and added a bit of eyecandy at the end

EDIT: I wasn't going for realism on some points. I have not accounted for weaving.

Haljackey

Posted these in the RHW thread, but may as well show them here as they are intersections.

Here is the new Diagonal RHW-4 to orthogonal MIS ramp, which forms a half-diamond interchange with a road.

...And with eyecandy added to show how the new RHW looks in contrast to the surrounding area.

Zooming out, we see that the half-diamond only makes up a portion of a complicated RHW junction consisting of several interchanges.

Moving the camera to the east to see another RHW pass under as it begins to climb a hill.

And lastly a look at the same junction before I modified it for testing purposes.

bat

Wonderful looking interchanges there!
Nice lakes around the interchange, Elydion!
Great work on the highway, Haljackey!

Risu

Amasing as usual, Haljackey. Your style is easily recognizable.

Swordmaster

Quote from: SimRisu on September 11, 2011, 12:13:49 PM
Amasing as usual, Haljackey. Your style is easily recognizable.

Indeed. It's the light towers!

Risu

Quote from: Swordmaster
Indeed. It's the light towers!
Actually, I think it's all the patches of open-grass parks, and the "ctrl key" zoning technique.

Synthael

After some more toying with RHW and some eye candy, reworked one of my Y-ish interchanges...

Well, it might be almost as big as the last time (pic on page before), but definately it looks better and doesn't have as many turns as it had... Much better flow in my opinion, although weaving can be a bit dangerous from north and west...

And I must say, for town with about 8000 people, my Sims like my RHW really much...

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.