• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Synthael

Building cities from scratch can be a boring thing, but after looking some nice intersections, I decided to make one in my style... As a "monsterchange"... (although I think I overdid this one...)

Pinavia XXXL style  :D

Managed to use almost every RHW-4 and MIS FAR piece there is, was fun building it =) I hope it'll be same fun trying to build city around it on this large tile...

kj3400

Made this before RHW 5.0 came out.
A freeway multiplex ends and goes east(right) and a regular road is to the left.

And redid this one after RHW 5.0 came out....

I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

[Delta ²k5]

A new Airport.. a new Highwaysystem. I think this will be the best airport I've ever build ;D

for a bigger version click the picture ;)

Swordmaster

Nice interchanges, everyone.

I wasn't going to post every other interchange I did here (I made a small dozen today, mostly parclos), but this one struck me as particular:

I guess it's some sort of cloverstack. It's actually based off Ontario's 407/427 interchange.

Haljackey

Quote from: Swordmaster on September 29, 2011, 05:36:02 PM
I guess it's some sort of cloverstack. It's actually based off Ontario's 407/427 interchange.

Yup, looks like a pretty accurate recreation.

Quick fact about it: it was supposed to be a 4-level stack, but was redeigned to be more cost-efficent since there was plenty of land available in the right of way.

Nice job!  :thumbsup:

dmonsta19

Here's my attempt at a Pinavia with some oddly angled RHWs coming in.

Jaris

Nice Monster-Interchange there  &apls

Here's some sort of "compact partial Whirpool" -Interchange I built

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
:)

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

jdenm8

I posted this in the Highways thread, but I may as well post it in here too.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Haljackey

Very nice!

Built another one of these guys... Think I'm getting better at them.

New MAVE-6 expressway intersection.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Haljackey on October 01, 2011, 11:19:21 AM
New MAVE-6 expressway intersection.

That's an AVE-6, and it's easy to tell in two ways:
- It's three-tiles in width.
- It has the median.

I created this Mind Dump entry long ago explaining the different types of NWM networks, and how the Maxis networks are organised:

QuoteSC4 Road Types vs NAM non-RHW Road Types:
       - SC4 Road Types are as follows: Street, Road, Avenue, and One-Way Road. Nothing special about them; Their name implies everything, at least for OWR...
       - NAM non-RHW Road Types are as follows: Street, SAM, AVE, TLA, MAVE, OWR, and ARD. Street and SAM are in their own little group, so let's skip to the rest.
       - AVE refers to a road network having a concrete (or dirt) median separating the two directions of traffic; Symmetrical AVEs are denoted in even numbers.
       - TLA refers to a road network having a central left turn lane (or suicide lane) in the middle; Symmetrical TLAs are denoted in odd numbers.
       - MAVE refers to a road network with a set of double yellow lines separating the two directions of traffic; Just like AVEs, symmetrical MAVEs are denoted in even numbers. It should also be noted that the network called "Road" is classified as a MAVE-type network: MAVE-2.
       - ARD refers to one special asymmetrical MAVE: The ARD-3; A 2+1 road, if you will. Other asymmetrical MAVEs might be called MAVEs, as opposed to ARDs, though ARD can also be used to describe a highly uncommon 3+1 road (ARD-4?).
       - NMAVE refers to the one-tile version of the MAVE-4. The most lanes one can put on a single SC4 tile without narrowing the lanes is 3, though with lane narrowing, it's possible to raise the bar to 4.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Risu

Quote from: Haljackey on October 01, 2011, 11:19:21 AM
Built another one of these guys... Think I'm getting better at them.

I thought you were always good at them o.o"

Houstonkid

Well I think this is pretty strange  ()what()

Pretty sweet though! :thumbsup:

And This is Highway exit/entrance a made. Common in Texas

Nanami

teddyrised

Interesting interchanges, everyone &apls

Here is a partial interchange from a suburb to a nearby highway, which brings workers all the way to the downtown core. It is a bit tricky to plan around the tram network used in the area though.

Haljackey

Love the directional interchanges!

Quote from: Houstonkid on October 01, 2011, 05:22:50 PM

And This is Highway exit/entrance a made. Common in Texas

Huh. Reminds me of the basketweave thing.

Swordmaster

Quote from: Haljackey on October 04, 2011, 07:57:43 PM

This is the best I could come up with as of RHW 5.0.

An inside B1 exit would make the left example smoother. I don't think you can get them any closer than 3 tiles, though. Two-lane ramps are also currently impossible.

I personally prefer Houstonkid's interchanges between collector/express systems, I just space them more apart to avoid weaving.

Floydian

Quote from: Swordmaster on October 05, 2011, 03:50:15 AM
Quote from: Haljackey on October 04, 2011, 07:57:43 PM

This is the best I could come up with as of RHW 5.0.

An inside B1 exit would make the left example smoother. I don't think you can get them any closer than 3 tiles, though. Two-lane ramps are also currently impossible.

I personally prefer Houstonkid's interchanges between collector/express systems, I just space them more apart to avoid weaving.

In the good ol' state o' Texas, they call them Frontage Roads. sometimes they'll have some businesses along them in a major city. Kind of akin to Service Roads.

I'm waiting for an inside 8S to RHW-4/RHW-6 ramp. Then a true collector-express behemoth will be possible!!! *Evil laugh*

oczomajster

My new-old intersection. It is new-old because I rebuilt it and it is now a TOTSO (Turn off to stay on) intersection. I'll show you in my thread soon.

Sorry for any mistakes! I'm writing with translator!

art128

I like its design, I might do something like that, good job! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog