• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riiga

Quote from: Wiimeiser on October 08, 2011, 03:21:01 AM
We need a puzzle piece version of that lot, and one with a T intersection.
It's too tight and unrealistic. You could make a much better, albeit spacier version using RHW-2 ramps.

[Delta ²k5]

I wouldn't call it unrealistic at all... it's a bit too small... it should be one title longer and the "shoulders" should overhang  on the sides, then it would be great... The only problem would be that cars can jump between the upper and lower deck at the end curve... as it also sometimes appears on these lots ::)

itsacoaster

Nothing spectacular here.  Just a couple intersections/interchanges I've made with the new NWM and RHW.

Haljackey

I did this:

itsacoaster: cool! I like the swing/loop ramp connecting to the el-RHW. Very original.

jdenm8

Here's one I made with some awkward ramps in a bit of an awkward place along this motorway.

Sorry about the grid, this one was kind of taken in a rush.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 08, 2011, 06:55:59 PM
Here's one I made with some awkward ramps in a bit of an awkward place along this motorway.

I see what you've done... ;D (And I know what it is, too.)

@Everyone else: Wanna play a game of "I Spy"?

Quote from: itsacoaster on October 08, 2011, 04:42:52 PM
Nothing spectacular here.  Just a couple intersections/interchanges I've made with the new NWM and RHW.

Before I forget,... TLA-7 in a semi-dense area? Nice one, especially with that TuLEP-ified intersection.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Swordmaster

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 08, 2011, 07:11:23 PM
@Everyone else: Wanna play a game of "I Spy"?

Hmmm, diagonal RHW-6C ramp? Kinky!

j-dub

@Haljackey, Did you really need all those signals there? I could see the two on the end, but you probably have your reasons for that light in the middle.

Haljackey

Quote from: j-dub on October 09, 2011, 06:26:33 PM
@Haljackey, Did you really need all those signals there? I could see the two on the end, but you probably have your reasons for that light in the middle.

That's just what happens when you drag road. I guess I could convert the middle road to a street but it will probably be congested when the zones develop.

Built another Parclo A-4. I made my overpass a couple extra tiles longer just in case something needs to be changed at a later date.

Zoom out:

EDIT: super zoom-out.
With 4 RHW/arterial interchanges and a RHW/RHW interchange, there is enough access to start developing a city.

effingdrew

I have always wondered this, Haljackey, what slope mode do you use? Your exit/entrance loops have a very, very nice slope to it. Something I haven't been able to replicate.

Swordmaster

Here's how I spent my Sunday:

National route 161 comes in as a collector/express from the south and branches westward, losing truck traffic to a turnpike (eastbound) and local traffic to an expressway (northbound).

Haljackey

Quote from: effingdrew on October 10, 2011, 12:40:17 AM
I have always wondered this, Haljackey, what slope mode do you use? Your exit/entrance loops have a very, very nice slope to it. Something I haven't been able to replicate.

I use the Bullet Train Slope mod (available in the bullet train package) that creates very demanding slopes for your monorail network. I use these to smoothen out curves for my RHW networks.

For arterials, I use the RHW slope mod or Maxis Highway slope mod if I don't have enough room. The end result is a gradual, realistic angle.

Swordmaster: That is one long outer ramp! Interesting Y-design.

Swordmaster

Quote from: Haljackey on October 10, 2011, 01:56:29 PM
I use the Bullet Train Slope mod (available in the bullet train package) that creates very demanding slopes for your monorail network. I use these to smoothen out curves for my RHW networks.

For arterials, I use the RHW slope mod or Maxis Highway slope mod if I don't have enough room. The end result is a gradual, realistic angle.

Heh, I use a similar method. Most of my slopes are laid out with the El-Rail network, and RHW/road/avenue put on them afterwards.

Swordmaster: That is one long outer ramp! Interesting Y-design.

Thanks! I've broken my head trying to get a shorter route (saving gas...), but it's just not doable. There's simply not enough room to space out the middle part any further.

Here's the same freeway a mile to the south:

Risu

Quote from: Haljackey on October 10, 2011, 01:56:29 PMI use the Bullet Train Slope mod (available in the bullet train package) that creates very demanding slopes for your monorail network. I use these to smoothen out curves for my RHW networks.

Really? I use Mashty's slope mod, cos' it cheapens the cost of all road & rail networks. :P

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Risu on October 10, 2011, 03:45:40 PM
Really? I use Mashty's slope mod, cos' it cheapens the cost of all road & rail networks. :P

Doesn't the Ennedi Slope Mod do the same exact thing? &Thk/(

Well, it does some finicky stuff with the MAVE-2 (Road), but I tend to use Rail to lay out slopes, followed by the desired network to use (after demolishing the rail, of course).
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Risu

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 10, 2011, 03:50:16 PMDoesn't the Ennedi Slope Mod do the same exact thing? &Thk/(
I tried that one before; it's too radical for me.

joelyboy911

MAVE-2... You gotta be kidding me...  ::)

:D

Here's one of mine in an area that's still under development. Pretty basic, I'll admit.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

jondor

Here's a windmill interchange I just cooked up using some of the newer RHW content... and then some. ;)

Clickie for full size.  (It's a pretty huge composite.)
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Vlasky

Is this any good? Two RHWs merge and continue to a bridge.

My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

Wacky Worm

^^I see the ground equivalent of FlexFly. I like it :D