• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: metarvo on November 12, 2011, 07:14:42 PM
I guess that makes the real RHW-2 become the RHW-2C, and the RHW-4 would become the RHW-4S just in case a RHW-4C analogous to the MAVE-4 RD-4 is released.

Well, it's been stated that an RHW-4C can't be made, likely because it would be functionally redundant. Diagonal (and more so with FARHW) would be a different story.

I've actually called the RHW-3 an RHW-4C on a few occasions. (Think "Cheap Motorway".) ;)

I feel that they are still representative of the onramps typically used for diamonds and other surface street/RHW interchanges, though.

And I think that's what the term "MIS" has been demoted to: Being that intermediate interchanging network between, say, a surface street and highway, unless you're using those FAD-44 pieces.

You could actually use a B ramp still if you moved the ramp a few tiles closer in.

Which one? $%Grinno$% There are two (theoretically, three) different types of B-Ramps: B1 and B2. (Remember: The number after the letter denotes the number of lanes on the branch.) "$Deal"$
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

metarvo

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 12, 2011, 07:38:37 PM
Which one? $%Grinno$% There are two (theoretically, three) different types of B-Ramps: B1 and B2. (Remember: The number after the letter denotes the number of lanes on the branch.) "$Deal"$

B2, because the ramp is a "MIS-2"/RHW-4.  A B1 ramp would include a MIS ramp, which is not used at all in that interchange.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mike3775

I would love to have more options in multiple lanes for the MIS, because some places going from 2 lanes down to 1 makes issues way worse, especially in area's where you expect heavy traffic, like seaports.

oczomajster

Quote from: Haljackey on November 10, 2011, 06:33:10 PM
This ramp is too curvy, even before the rebuild. Try using some 45-degree ones instead of the 90s to take out a bunch of the bends.

Yes, I know that this ramp is a little too curved but I wanted to build a compact T-interchange. Maybe I'll try to rebuild it again.

There is an another intersection from my new city. This intersection is located near a future sports complex. On the picture there is properly a whole infrastructure around the complex.

Sorry for any mistakes! I'm writing with translator!

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Lior

Nice intersection, it looks efficient!!

Swordmaster

Yes, great use of the avenue-MIS pieces  :thumbsup:

PS: So, that's a TOTSO (turn off to stay on) setup, right?

solovinodelmal

working on a new tile for a suburb called Todosantos near a big city, Modesto.

T-bone Interchange on the beltway.

Trumpet Interchange.

Rionescu

solovinodelmal, I love the look of your T-bone, including the trees. Unfortunately, by the width of that beltway, I'm betting those trees won't be there for too long.

Haljackey

Quote from: Rionescu on November 17, 2011, 01:03:36 PM
by the width of that beltway, I'm betting those trees won't be there for too long.

Ha! Who says wide highways need to be in cities? (There's a proposal here to build a lengthy 12-lane highway in a rural landscape)

Great junctions solovinodelmal! That's a very unique T-bone!

I have a couple intersections to show:

Double-T avenue intersections with a new RHW-4 up the cliff:

Road junctions with a RHW expressway, similar to that of the Trans-Canada Highway.

Zoom-in of the diagonal one:

TheAttendee

Just started integrating RHW into my region. Here are some of my first intersections!

Trumpet. Copied this one from a picture I saw earlier in the thread.
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/228/almondcoveaug4111321663.png

Same thing but with service ramps for nearby freight traffic.
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9951/almondcoveaug9111321663.png

Cloverleaf
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6556/almondcovejul3011132166.png

Diagonal To Orthogonal RHW4's
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/908/northpointemay140413215.png

Not sure what to call this one..... but it works!
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/908/northpointemay140413215.png

I broke the links because the pics were pngs and should be jpgs and maz size is 1024. - Robin - Admin.

mike3775

Awesome Haljackey.  Of course all your pics and roadways are awesome

Incidentally, whats that white building in the middle of the bottom 2 photo's(near the road roundy)

Haljackey

Paul 999

Junction whit the A4 and A26, and the new HSR line.

Terring7

The railroad tunnels fits very good :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mike3775

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

DAB_City

Sweet, that reminds me of something I've done!  :D
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

Tarkus

A very unusual new one of mine . . .

It's sort of a trumpet with an extension to connect to a surface street.  (A Flugelhorn interchange, per chance? :D)

(You'll probably also notice I'm fiddling around with concrete textures and chevrons . . . though they're not exactly playing nice in this pic.)

-Alex

Death50

I downloaded the new RHW, and can't for the life of me find the RHW3 bridges, where are they and how do I make them?

Also I'm liking the pictures a lot guys