• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Thanks for the comments everyone, very nice. :)

Quote from: Haljackey on November 24, 2011, 03:24:42 PM
Nice clover-flex interchange Swordmaster! Not sure if that's the real name but that's what I'm calling it.  :P
-Good FARHW action too!

I assumed it's a cloverstack?

Two parclos from me. If you can spot the difference you know your way around parclos (it took me a long time).

Cheers,
Willy

io_bg

In the second one the southern exit ramp splits before intersecting with the avenue... is that it? ;D Anyway, great work again.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

mike3775

where did you get those avenue turn lane thingies at?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mike3775 on November 25, 2011, 12:44:30 PM

The actual turn lane pieces are called TuLEPs. They come with the NAM installation, but you have to select the option for it ("Turn Lane Extension Plugin" under the Turn Lane options, I believe).

The other pieces are the Fractional-Angle Diamong (FAD) pieces. Those come with the RHW.

Third,... That interchange looks familiar... I wonder where Swordmaster got that design from...  ::) ::) ::)

http://www.youtube.com/v/LOikVjEaEiU
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Ya I see the difference. The first one has two exit ramps and 1 entrance ramp in each direction (Parclo B4) while the other one is reversed (A4).

Excellent, fantastic work by the way. The parclos look awesome and realistic.

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 25, 2011, 01:45:59 PM

Third,... That interchange looks familiar... I wonder where Swordmaster got that design from...  ::) ::) ::)

I wonder where you got your design from?  $%Grinno$%

Koenieboy997

Quote from: Haljackey on November 24, 2011, 09:25:35 AM
Very cool work Jaris!

For the last one, that's one huge bend in the road. Perhaps using 45 degree curves rather than 90 degree ones will make it look a bit more realistic?

Here's a new intersection I created. I call this one 'The Web'.

And a new video driving on some hillside interchanges:

http://www.youtube.com/v/FRxW_o4gsU8

More info and HD here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRxW_o4gsU8

I (again) really like that bit your city and the interchange in it. Well done! I wish I was as good as you...
But one thing that really catched my eye are the on-street parking lots. I have been searching for this kind of lots for a long time, but with no result. So where can I find them?
‎(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Swordmaster

Quote from: mike3775 on November 25, 2011, 12:44:30 PM

They are at the end of the FAR-RHW tab ring, Mike.

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 25, 2011, 01:45:59 PMThird,... That interchange looks familiar... I wonder where Swordmaster got that design from...  ::) ::) ::)

From Google Mapping a lot of Ontario ;D

Now, I like the FAR-diamond pieces, but I'd actually prefer a similar piece with just a 90-degree intersection. That's not possible today due to RHW-4 not intersecting with an avenue (and OWR don't carry TULEPs).

Quote from: Haljackey on November 25, 2011, 01:56:12 PM
Ya I see the difference. The first one has two exit ramps and 1 entrance ramp in each direction (Parclo B4) while the other one is reversed (A4).

Indeed! At first I didn't realize there was a real functional difference, which is explained quite well on the Wikipedia page. The main thing is that in the B4, there's no traffic lights to get off the freeway, while in the A4 there are none to get on. Not so obvious to railroaders like me $%Grinno$%.   I actually have to keep an overview sketch handy when I'm out building interchanges - I've built more than enough "wrong" ones.

Maybe we should include something about it in the RHW interchange guide?

Carny

Hi to everyone. :)
A sub-urban interchange for a "will-be" suburban area.
Nothing special, its layout is pretty simple but also pretty functional and (i hope) realistic. Plus i like its compactness because, as a good European, I have always been a chronic need of space for the development of my cities. ;)

Gugu3

Nice one Carny!! &apls looks cool!
@Swordmaster:I really like the looking of your parclo interchanges!well done :-\

Haljackey

Swordmaster: Actually I've already mentioned Parclo classifications in the RHW interchange guide. However I'll consider adding more to it as the guide prepares to move to it's own section with separate threads. If you have any other ideas, feel free to let me know! (Post there or PM me.)

Very cool Carny! That's a 315 degree loop! Kinda looks like a lollipop. :P

mike3775

Thanks swordmaster, I never really tabbed through them all, just to the ones I always use.  Maybe I should tab through everything to see what I have as options 

Carny

Thanks guys. :)
New pics of a recent interchange. I builded it today and it's the biggest one i have ever builded until now.

An overview...

a zoomed one...

a center's detail...

and some exits and ramps details...

The layout is the same of other users posted interchanges,  i only "doubled" the capacity with rhw-4 ramps instead of MIS ones. :)

Swordmaster

Risu

That's really nice! :) The MMP rocks are an excellent touch. ;)

Haljackey

That is an awesomely awesome cloverstack interchange Carny. Excellent work! Great use of FARHW and props!

mike3775

Nice interchange Carny

Here is a pic of the first SPUI I ever built, and no sooner than I built it, a major traffic shift happened, which means I may end up having to upgrade the RHW-4 to an RHW-6 or RHW-8, which will be a pain as that RHW-4 ends just past that SPUI and its set up where if you are going from the other RHW-4 to that avenue, you never have to hit that RHW-4 with the SPUI or vice versa from Avenue to the RHW-4(An interchange in my area recently got overhauled to a configuration like that to relieve the traffic issues where an interstate intersected with a US Highway and another Intersection real close together)

Risu

Nice SPUI.

I'm curious; which slope mod are you using? And whose tree filler lots are those?

mike3775

Quote from: Risu on November 26, 2011, 09:47:08 PM
Nice SPUI.

I'm curious; which slope mod are you using? And whose tree filler lots are those?
Thanks

I'm using the JCS tunnel and slope mod I downloaded years ago from ST.  I tried ennedi's(which is nice) but found it to restricting.  The tree lots are called slope park forest, which act like the small parks, and are 1x1 and fill in gaps easy and I love using them along highways and rail lines and divide farm terrain so I don't need to use as many roads.  I tried looking for the links on ST, but for some reason, the names on the folders in the plug-ins are not being found on ST at all

Risu

Quote from: mike3775 on November 26, 2011, 10:15:42 PMThe tree lots are called slope park forest, which act like the small parks, and are 1x1 and fill in gaps easy and I love using them along highways and rail lines and divide farm terrain so I don't need to use as many roads.  I tried looking for the links on ST, but for some reason, the names on the folders in the plug-ins are not being found on ST at all
It's okay, I don't require the links. I only bring it up becos' the trees seem to repeat themselves. They aren't random enough, and it looks unnatural. You might try rotating them while plopping.

Altho' I use PEG's random tree lots. And Mashty's slope mod is just right for me - plus it cheapens all my draggable networks! ()stsfd()

Synthael

Damn, you people manage to make so nice looking interchanges, but when I try to recreate them, it usually becomes a mess, even when following Haljackey's Interchange guide.... I guess I need to practice a bit more...  :-[ (Sims shouldn't protest because I'm gonna evict them...  ;D )

A few of mine, better ones  :P
(all pictures facing west)

Trumpet on southern highway terminus:

My take on collector/express system:

And for a change, a sunken rail one:

And if I'm not mistaken, plopable trees from mike's post are from here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=797