• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on May 22, 2012, 12:33:24 AM
A little question: Where did you find the wide curves for SAM?

Rural Roads Plugin (RuRP).
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Pretty simple frontage road interchange, but I think it's worth showing here.

This concept came up in discussion here: http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/49458-frontage-road-turnaround-ramps/page__gopid__1249279#entry1249279

Click for full size.

Mini-mosaic

kassarc16

Quote from: Haljackey on May 25, 2012, 10:44:08 PM
Pretty simple frontage road interchange, but I think it's worth showing here.

This concept came up in discussion here: http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/49458-frontage-road-turnaround-ramps/page__gopid__1249279#entry1249279

Not bad... but that would be an ugly weave. Restricting U-turns to the avenue intersection would be a better set-up, though that just introduces more traffic on that road.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: kassarc16 on May 26, 2012, 08:50:06 PM
Not bad... but that would be an ugly weave. Restricting U-turns to the avenue intersection would be a better set-up, though that just introduces more traffic on that road.

That's a Texas Frontage Road Diamond, and those turnarounds are a part of it. Without, it's just another Frontage Road Crossing.

At least it's better than what I tried.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Oh I agree. I personally despise frontage roads, but this is how their interchanges are set up. I saw it as a challenge to create a concept for it in SC4.

There's only one road where I live that has frontage roads, and they're preventing desperately needed capacity upgrades the freeway needs due to lack of space. (Although most of the interchanges on that route are Parclos, not the diamond u-turns used on most Frontage setups.)

pierrebaptiste

Hello

Here is an interchange between the ring way and a main street :

crushedcar

A Complex T-Bone Interchange. This was a fun one to build. The idea came from the I 20/59-US 280 interchange in Birmingham, AL.

Haljackey

crushedcar: What are those two other ramps for? And can't they just branch from the outside instead of the inside? That way you don't need those overpasses.

Here's a interchange/intersection hybrid I built on a hilltop. The ramps serve as 'right turn lanes'.

Click for full size:

Zoom out:

Super zoom out (just cuz):

By the way, I'm always looking for feedback. Deathtopumpkins offered some constructive criticism regarding this design.

mike3775

I like that design Haljackey.  I never considered using MIS as turn lanes like that before.

Haljackey

Simple, but it should work

Click for full resolution!

Basic diamond, but seems to fit well there. Traffic volumes won't be overkill, so it should function fine.

EDIT strike my last, already over-capacity.

Click for full size:

(traffic collision in that pic too :P)

Haljackey

There hasn't been much activity here... so double post time :P

Click images for full resolution!

Update on the interchange on the last post... development and traffic have certainly increased.

Guess I need to widen this pass too... maybe move the north/south avenue a few tiles to the right to get it to link up.

Flatron

Why no tunnel instead of these ugly roads on the mountaintop?

mike3775

Quote from: Flatron on June 03, 2012, 03:12:19 PM
Why no tunnel instead of these ugly roads on the mountaintop?

That may be the alternative to use now, widening be a pain in the behind IMO, I would go the tunnel route.

I would assume originally he wanted a "scenic" drive to that area, which I have done often in cities.

solovinodelmal

Hi guys, coming back from a long hiatus after being a father for the first time, and I´ve been fooling around with some inspiration found on this thread and adapted to my region, so here it goes:

Trumpet

T-bone

I thought an avenue on the center surrounded by the highway would be kind of dangerous but I think it works just fine

Another volleyball (I think)

Spaguetti

A gigantic one, and one of my favourites

I have some diagonal intersections in mind, let´s see how that goes...

Cool junctions guys, there are some pretty awesome junctions on this thread and they keep getting better.

mike3775

Only issue I see with this one is how close to the intersection the bottom ramp heading North is.  That is definitely going to be a traffic nightmare with people getting off the Northbound highway and going to that left turn lane

Nicely done interchanges

solovinodelmal

You´re absolutly right Mike, so here´s what I did:

I´m not totally convinced, maybe I´ll try to make it more symmetrical or something, but that´s going to happen next weekend  $%Grinno$%

Thanks for the advice!

Haljackey

That looks much better.

You've done some truly great work solovinodelmal. My favorite has to be the last image!

mike3775

Looks alot better for sure.  To make it look even better, I would line up the south bound ramp to the same area as the northbound ramp, then it look symmetrical

You do have some great interchanges created, that can easily handle the amounts of traffic those RHW's will have.