• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Haljackey

Oh very nice Eggman!

Wiimeiser: Any chance you can post a daytime pic? I can't see much.

The entrance.

Click for full size.

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

gn_leugim

crazy intersections guys ^^ also, this thread should be renamed to "how to burn a full small/medium tile and have little rci on it" XD

eggman121

That is what normal real life interchanges do gn_leugim haha. Many are quite huge

Here is one that may be a little more compact.

Just bending the rules a little bit but enjoy!

gn_leugim

I know, although around here most intersections are about 200~400m wide, which is about 1/5 to 2/5 of a small tile lol

and nice interchange btw :)

Haljackey

Diamond type interchange:

Click for full resolution

It may look simple, but it was a pain to make.

Ramp frustration: http://www.twitch.tv/haljackey/b/332521763

Overpass frustration: http://www.twitch.tv/haljackey/b/332522880

sim_link

Hal, from experience working with tight ramps I can tell that was a pain to make.  $%Grinno$% Outcome looks great, though.

mike3775

That is my biggest beef with using RHW, the land has got to be perfectly flat in order to make any sort of ramp connections.

I hear ya though Hal, I made a compact interchange and it took me forever just to get it in the way I wanted because the RHW didn't seem to like that I was trying to do  lol

Jaris

Quote from: eggman121 on September 14, 2012, 05:07:38 AM
That is what normal real life interchanges do gn_leugim haha. Many are quite huge

Here is one that may be a little more compact.

Just bending the rules a little bit but enjoy!

This one is beautiful :)

eggman121

Thank you for your comments everybody  :thumbsup:. If time permits I may put some submissions into the tips and tricks forum which may help others to build interchanges with the current NAM 30 and RHW 5.0. eg: stubless transition pieces and FARHW pieces (Excluding ramps) can conform to slopes. Keep up the good work everybody  :thumbsup: hope to see some more great interchanges soon  :)

Edit: The 90 degree transition piece L0 to L2 cannot conform to slopes in stub or stubless form   

samerton

I'm quite pleased with how this one turned out.

A very old one...

This turned out a bit square for my liking, sorry it's .png.

Just a splitter...

This didn't take very long to make at all, but I think it turned out very well.

All of the above photos are from this region, where there is 100% RHW, 0% Maxis Highway.

Gugu3

Nice job samerton!the last one turned out very nice! &apls

noahclem

Nice interchanges Sam--the first pic is brilliant  &apls

mike3775

Quote from: noahclem on September 19, 2012, 03:12:00 PM
Nice interchanges Sam--the first pic is brilliant  &apls

+1 from me.  I had to look for the interchange as it blended into the surroundings perfectly

Haljackey

Quote from: mike3775 on September 19, 2012, 03:56:07 PM

+1 from me.  I had to look for the interchange as it blended into the surroundings perfectly

Done. Excellent Interchanges Sam!

spot

Haljackey

Oh very nice Spot!

Have you thought about using the avenue ramp pieces? They connect your MIS ramps directly to your avenue, so there's no need to transition your avenue to RHW. It would result in a smaller footprint as well.

spot

the reason i did it this way is because the MSI texture becomes RHW-2 when im using avenue puzzle pieces