• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

You can plop MIS filler pieces then ;) Nice work on those interchanges though!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

spot

cant plop filler piece under the msi bridge

Haljackey

Oh, Ok. I see what you're getting at now.

You can avoid that issue by getting rid of the elevated MIS ramps which overpass the RHW below. Plop the avenue ramp pieces on each side of the overpass so ramps enter/exit the avenue before/after the overpass. That way you won't need an overpass that's 4 tiles wide.

Here's an example mine that I'm referring to. See how the ramp connects to the avenue after the overpass ends?

Hope that helps!

MandelSoft

I finally managed to get the surroundings of this done:

It's still experimental, though...

Another interchange I've built in the same city:

(Yes, I know there's a missing link)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Flatron

The roundabout is gorgeous and I see my houses ;D

vortext

That's frigging awesome!!   :o    &apls &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

spot

@haljackey  Yeah, Ive done that. I just really like the perfect circle.

@MandelSoft amazing work. I cant wait to get my hands on 3 level roads  :o

eggman121

Well done everyone  :thumbsup:

Here is one that I made recently.

Keep those interchanges coming!!!

Ashifer85

WOW!!!

all these intersections look VERY realistic, good work guys!

noahclem

Great junction eggman121  &apls  Perfectly smooth and flowing. The access to the local road at bottom left is a nice touch too.

Great work Maarten and Ryan as well  &apls

eggman121

Thank you noahclem

I Modeled the interchange to be similar to the M5 M7 interchange found in south western Sydney which can be found here on Google maps

http://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces?ll=-33.95194,150.880244&spn=0.013314,0.01929&ctz=-600&t=h&z=16

Anyway I hope to see some more awesome interchanges soon :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work everybody!!!

spot

Gugu3

Paul 999

No separate lanes on a cloverleaf is not very safe, you get there big accidents. But all the intersections look very smooth, i like it.

mike3775

Quote from: Paul 999 on September 30, 2012, 01:41:20 AM
No separate lanes on a cloverleaf is not very safe, you get there big accidents. But all the intersections look very smooth, i like it.

I drive on an interchange built exactly like that every day going to school.  In fact, one of them even has a county road intersection on the off ramp leading to houses along it

No accidents have happened at that intersection in awhile.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=US+20+and+SR+49+%2B+Chesterton+Indiana&hl=en&ll=41.63631,-87.056785&spn=0.002001,0.005252&sll=39.766555,-86.441277&sspn=4.213378,10.755615&t=h&hnear=Indiana+49,+Chesterton,+Porter,+Indiana+46304&z=18&layer=c&cbll=41.602855,-87.043292&panoid=sxTJ35eIOeNdU6Iyu7zayg&cbp=12,191.69909628221387,,0,0

MandelSoft

Well, it all depends on traffic intensity. If it's high, the risk of collision drastically increases. However, at low intensities I see little problems with these interchanges
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

Looks good spot  :thumbsup:

I agree that the merging space is just too short for the top level of the first one--and mike3775 the picture you posted does have merging lanes. It would have been best to put the wider RHW on the bottom to you could have L2 6S with merging lanes cross over top. For the second one you might improve the look using these nice tunnels.

@eggman--I like your version better than the RL one  :thumbsup:   Not much symmetry in interchanges around there, huh?

EDIT: might as well show the last couple intersection pics from my MD--new pictures of old junctions--click for full size

PS, anybody know where buddybud's flup/subway pieces for roads (ie, the ones in my first pic) can be downloaded now?

Haljackey

That last one's one beast of a parclo. Nicely done Noah!

mike3775

noah I was referring to the comment about how the offramps were combined with double yellow lines on the cloverleaf, not the merging lanes.

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: MandelSoft on September 30, 2012, 08:09:44 AM
Well, it all depends on traffic intensity. If it's high, the risk of collision drastically increases. However, at low intensities I see little problems with these interchanges

Full cloverleafs function just fine if you're intersecting desolate rural highways (like some of the U.S. Routes of the West). If there's more than low amounts of traffic on it, the utility breaks down very fast.

Quote from: noahclem on September 30, 2012, 09:27:45 AM

Excellent  &apls.