• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike3775

Gugu3

@mike: I'll show you a pic of the complete interchange so that you will see that all entrances/exits are there ;D

noahclem

Great interchanges Gugu3  &apls  I really like the uniqueness and creativity of their layouts. The cities around them look really nice as well!

There are a couple places where I would suggest using Fractional Angle stuff. In the first picture 3 of the ramps could have an FA exit (type F1) and then a FA-to-ortho curve instead of type D1 and an "S"-curve, just for a little smoother look.

Keep up the great work  :thumbsup:

RickD

Quote from: samerton on October 08, 2012, 12:19:06 PM
I have no idea why I did this... it's messy, oversized, pointless..:

Hmm, I'd just call it awesome, though.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

mike3775

Quote from: Gugu3 on October 09, 2012, 12:10:51 AM
@mike: I'll show you a pic of the complete interchange so that you will see that all entrances/exits are there ;D

Don't take my saying missing the one exit, there are a few exits like that in my area, where there is not a 4 way interchange but only 2 way(1 way onto the highway westbound, and no entrance Eastbound at all) and it allows traffic to avoid going to the next exit and clogging up even more a clogged road

Durfsurn

Quote from: samerton on October 08, 2012, 12:19:06 PM
I have no idea why I did this... it's messy, oversized, pointless..:
It will be surrounded by buildings because that tile is going to be the CBD...

Looks like something Hal would build with Maxis Hghways. Lol  $%Grinno$%

Haljackey

Quote from: Durfsurn on October 10, 2012, 02:24:37 AM

Looks like something Hal would build with Maxis Hghways. Lol  $%Grinno$%

Eh?  ()what()

Anyways since you guys liked the last one so much, here's another RL recreation of an interchange:

Click for full size!

It's a design I made about a year ago but decked out with the shields, text and map.

Video tour:
http://www.youtube.com/v/Hn8vhq88nKU
http://youtu.be/Hn8vhq88nKU

Durfsurn

With all the T Intersections it looks like what happens when you have high capacity MHW/RHW Interchanges.

Haljackey

One more decked out RL recreation just cuz :P

Click for full size!

Video tour:
http://www.youtube.com/v/svzScwnDchU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svzScwnDchU

EDIT: Typo (Cornway-Conway)

spot

very realistic hal. Unfortunately having  that on a 4km2 sc4 map is not very practical when added the exits and entrances. 

pagenotfound

hal do i have permission to copy that?  :D    Looks awesome!
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Haljackey

Quote from: pagenotfound on October 12, 2012, 12:18:31 PM
hal do i have permission to copy that?  :D    Looks awesome!

lol, go right ahead.

Another one. Thanks to Deathtopumpkins for making one of the signs!

Click for full size:

Swordmaster

Heh. I think this may be your best so far! (Although hard to compare with full interchanges).

Cheers
Willy

Kitsune

but... we need all the concrete surrounding it too just like RL :)
~ NAM Team Member

mike3775

Awesome.  I am so saving that picture to use as a guide for turning my dual RHW-10's into an express/local highways and putting one of those in in every city they go through

EDIT:  Found a pic of how I normally allow them to swap between local/express (which IMO sucks, but it works)

Durfsurn

mike: at least it works!
Here's a rather weird hybrid interchange:

mike3775

Interesting design Durfsurn. 

I tried using the 3/2 RHW-10 splitter on a trial last night, and if I attempt it with 2 lanes each, it takes up way to much space to make it worthwhile to use.  I may try playing around with flups and one way roads though, which would probably work and probably not even require much more room at all.

vinlabsc3k

@Durfsurn: You can use 90° FLEX-Fly too!! It's a little squared the down-right ramp. &mmm But interesting design.

@Haljackey: Your reproductions of real interchanges are speechless!! :o :o
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Durfsurn

I have made some modifications to the interchange and will post pics soon.

Haljackey

This is sort or off-topic but I am 'showing' you an 'intersection'

Today I was on a tour showcasing infrastructure improvements in Mississauga, Ontario (a city next to Toronto and larger than Detroit). One of the projects showcased was a 'lane doubling' of Highway 401 which included the expansion of an interchange with Hurontario Street, the 'main street' of Mississauga.

It wasn't the greatest day weather-wise but I did manage to take a bunch of pics of the construction work. You can view them here if interested: http://www.dropbox.com/sh/2e5lsmi0w5136v1/4-MyPtLO09

Anyways great intersections guys, keep showin em! ;)