• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Quote from: Paul 999 on November 08, 2012, 08:26:10 AM
Why that double loop? You use sow much space, whit you don't really need.

Why not? Plus I find the shape funny.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

@Noah:thank you my friend! :thumbsup:
@Arthur:Happy you like the shape!!!that's what I like of this interchange,too ::)

Haljackey

Been a while since we've seen some Maxis Highway stuff here... :P

Note: Very old city of mine

http://www.youtube.com/v/7xQBtPMDSZg

Paul 999

Working at the Midden Brabantweg at Tilburg, one off the biggest city's of the province Brabant at The Netherlands.

sim_link

Nice work, Paul 999. I really like the pathways around the roundabout. :)

j-dub

Yes Paul, real believable. Great use of avenue Farr! A prime example of how a regular at grade junction, can be anything but ordinary!

ivo_su

Quote from: jonno on October 22, 2012, 06:21:58 PM
Here is one of mine which took some effort to make since I had to accommodate the railroad and the sloping terrain:

Perfectly junction and very good integration of all networks in it - great job. I hope that after Project Symphony "is completed this will be much easier and more beautiful.

sunv123

Ah, another 3 lane roundabout. Don't you wish they were functional with 3 lanes? Great job on that interchange with the FAR. :)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

fafalone

This one took lots of frustrating trial and error, because the underpass after the loop kept reverting to rhw2 if the other direction was less than a 3-tile gap; and no matter what I did I couldn't get it. It still came out decent tho.

sunv123

Umm, here ya go, a full diamond-like interchange. Took me a few hours to complete, but it turned out well! :)

I still don't know if it counts as a real one, but Haljackey will let me know. ;)

Haljackey

Yup that's a full diamond more or less. Nice work!  :thumbsup:

I do have a diagram on the RHW interchange guide that looks similar but it diverges:

If you want to make a guide for this design, feel free to post it in the submissions thread.

Haljackey

Working on a compact yet complicated 3-way interchange.

Click images for full size!

Zoom out:

(Pause bar is on I know... Will restart the simulation once I put the finishing touches on it)

sunv123

That looks very..... messy but cool! :D

Now's my turn. ;)

Half clover, half stack thingy. *hint, will be in a different place too.

Haljackey

Oh very nice !

Almost done with the central part:
(Click for full size)

eggman121

Oh very nice Haljackey and sunv123!

Here is one of my own upgraded to RHW 5.0 Specifiactions

I posted and earlier version of this interchange in the RHW thread back when onl RHW 4.1 was around but I have updated it since than. 

Hope to see some more great interchanges soon  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Great interchanges guys  &apls

@eggman - I love that style! I've been planning an interchange very similar to your middle one for over a year but never got around to building it, mainly because the area it was planned for still hasn't developed. Yours turned out awesome and I'd be curious to see what goes on to the left of that image  :thumbsup:

vinlabsc3k

@ivo_su: You could make the rail tunnel after the RHW so you can compact the ramps on the right, ;) however good work. :thumbsup:

@fafalone. It's good, :thumbsup: but it's useles the S-curve on the left (keep the 1-tile median) and the alternate smooth curve on the right ramp (make a smooth diagonal).

@Haljackey: It's how I like it!! &apls

@sunv123:

It's good. :thumbsup:

Quote from: sunv123 on December 16, 2012, 02:55:49 PM
That looks very..... messy but cool! :D

I agree, :thumbsup: but you can make the northern ramps on-slope diagonal with a terrain mod for smooth slopes. ;)

@eggman121: It's awesome with that smooth curves!! &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

eggman121

Thanks for the feedback guys

@noahclem

That's Great that you want to replicate the interchange I posted at some point and I am more that happy to give you tips on how to make this interchange when you do. To answer your question as to what is on the left of the interchange, here is a picture of what is on the left.

It is just a Single Point Urban Intersection with a secondary mainline to avoid weaving on the main artery of the highway.

Anyway I hope to see some more great interchanges Soon :thumbsup:

Durfsurn

Is it me or does the curve in the top left make it look like an incredibly steep angle?

MandelSoft

I think it's a FARHW-4 curve linked to a RHW-4 S-curve. No idea why...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE