• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinlabsc3k

Good job to all!! :thumbsup:

Quote from: weixc812 on June 06, 2013, 03:08:57 AM

Where did you find the roundabout? Is it functional?

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

weixc812

Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Bipin

Quote from: weixc812 on June 06, 2013, 03:27:42 AM

It's the latest work by Mr. Bipin:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28754-bipins-turbout-turbo-roundabout-package/
Tragically, it's only eye-candy.

Nope!

Believe it or not, this is actually functional. By building your roundabout interchange like this, it will have as much function as any other setup: All the paths work and cars appear atop the roundabout (although they don't in the sunken section, but that's a problem with how FLUPs work, not my roundabout BATs).

Also, I suggest removing the founatin int he middle of the standard roundabout and replacing it with textureless/propless FLUPs. I hope that helps! I know you like my stuff weixc812, and I did not want to let you down!  :D

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Toblakai

Hello, Just finished another interchange. Here it is.

Great pics everyone, keep up the good work,

Toblakai

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Toblakai on June 09, 2013, 08:58:16 AM
Hello, Just finished another interchange. Here it is.
                                                                                                        North
West East
                                                                                                        South
Great pics everyone, keep up the good work,

Toblakai

You can avoid the MIS ramp between the north-east RHW-4 and RHW-6s.
Anyways good interchange!! :thumbsup:

@Schulmanator: Great intersection and buildings. :thumbsup:

@Bipin: If I understand right, is your rounabout functional?

Bipin

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on June 10, 2013, 02:47:47 AM

@Bipin: If I understand right, is your rounabout functional?
[/size][/font]

Indeed it is functional! You can'talways see cars when they are driving below the roundabout in the sunken section, but that's due to the inherent characteristics of FLUPs. However, cars display everywhere else, and all paths work of course. :)

Tarkus

Just built this guy . . . quite pleased with how it developed.  I suppose it's a parclo/diamond hybrid but with some rather peculiar angles.

Up close and personal with the south end of it.

-Alex

Swordmaster

Hmmm. Argentum terrain? ;)

Cheers
Willy

zwitser

I`m not really satisfied yet with this interchange... Maybe some tips for me?

MandelSoft

Yes:
1: You can use a slope mod to reduce the bumpiness.
2: Remove the grass fillers. Just plant some trees.
3: Use smooth curves.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

cdpferde

Sorry if i Interrupt here, but one Question how i/we can remove the grass fillers?

Thx and regards
Christian

Tarkus

Quote from: cdpferde on June 17, 2013, 09:24:52 AM
Sorry if i Interrupt here, but one Question how i/we can remove the grass fillers?

Just bulldoze them.

Quote from: Swordmaster on June 15, 2013, 08:46:46 AM
Hmmm. Argentum terrain? ;)

It does appear that way . . . ;)

-Alex

Haljackey

Quote from: MandelSoft on June 17, 2013, 04:33:27 AM

Remove the grass fillers.

Hey! I like open grass areas and I think they can look pretty good!

Example:

However, I just plop them right next to the RHW. Never more than 1 tile of them. Use trees or other eyecandy filler for these spaces.

cdpferde

Thanks for the fast Feedback, but sorry i think my question was not clear or my defenition for grass filler  ::)

I mean the grass filler near the street (looks like a sidewalk (Picture in the attachment).

Many Thanks
Christian

MandelSoft

Ah, the wealth textures. They are way harder to remove (and it really requires some not user friendly trickery to get rid of it completely), but they are there to prevent something worse: sidewalks appearing below the RHW surface. That will even look worse.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

cdpferde

Thanks for the fast response, than i will use an other way. ;)

Many Thanks

WolfGuy100

Guess I'm going to show it for a first time! If you have crits, feel free to tell me! And I know I live in USA but I love European road markings so, I went for it! Although, I went for South Africa/Irish road marking since I think it look fantastic. Anyway, onto first picture!

Super 2 highway...that's the most basic I can do since I'm very very new at building RHW.

Another shot of the intersection I'm proud of!

vinlabsc3k

@WolfGuy100: Where did you find the Start and End of Highway signs? ()what()
@zwitser: You can use the Height Transition ramp on both ends!! ::)
@Tarkus: Interesting use of MIS small curve. :thumbsup: I leave a bug report in NAM 31.2 availability announcement, but none of the NAM Team answer me. :(
@Bipin: U leave me speechless every time I see your work! :thumbsup: Why don't you join the NAM Team? ()what()

zwitser

@ vinlabsc3k: I know i can use it on both sides. Actually the concept of this intersection i used, didn`t use this at both sides. I`m currently reconstructing it with the tips i got from Mandelsoft.

@ Mandelsoft: I watched you (re)build some highways on youtube, AWESOME  ;D Great for building tips (constructing highways with NAM)