• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuewr665

Thanks! I prefer building interchanges in already built cities or layouts than on a blank space because I find building interchanges to suit the area to be more satisfying. ^_^

Another, older, lower capacity 3 way interchange. This one leads from the north-south freeway into downtown.

memo

While we are at stack interchanges... here is one monster of an interchange of mine.

Unfortunately, not quite suitable for daily use, yet, and using not publicly available means. It took me hours to build. Somehow, I had forgotten how difficult it is to use the RHW.

dragonshardz

Quote from: memo on October 22, 2013, 05:47:11 AM
While we are at stack interchanges... here is one monster of an interchange of mine.

<!..snip..!>

Unfortunately, not quite suitable for daily use, yet, and using not publicly available means. It took me hours to build. Somehow, I had forgotten how difficult it is to use the RHW.

Dat four-level center crossover. Wow. &apls

Indiana Joe

sunv123

Amazing stack memo! &apls

I really like the interchange you made there Kuewr665, fits right in with the environment it's in.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Swordmaster

There's a pylon missing!!!

$%Grinno$%

Cheers
Willy

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Indiana Joe

It's also asymmetric, and there's an unnecessary lane reduction on one of the ramps.  Plus that bumpy terrain.  Silly me, I didn't look at it closely.  Terrible interchange, 2/10.

noahclem

The different widths and other asymmetries hint at a lot more work and possibilities than can be seen here I'd guess. A KP and most sincere tip of the hat to you sir!

memo

Quote from: Swordmaster on October 22, 2013, 02:47:53 PM
There's a pylon missing!!!

$%Grinno$%

Err, one? ::)

Quote from: art128 on October 22, 2013, 02:52:00 PM
You forgot one smooth MIS curve...  ::) $%Grinno$%

Well, I tried to place that smooth MIS curve for quite a while, but in the end, it would always break an override or cause a red drag, making it impossible to place that puzzle piece, so I just pretended that it is smooth enough.

Noah, thank you very much! You are very right in your assumption. Besides, I like the asymmetry for it appears to be less artificial that way.

Kuewr665

Only thing that would make it better is elevated smooth curves. This looks great!

tomatentobi

Here's an intersection I recently built. It's a litle more spacious than I plant for, but I still like the result
http://i.imgur.com/asXcjyA.jpg

Varnado

Wow, those are some really cool stack interchanges being posted in this thread!

I've got one to share. It's the junction of my (mostly rural) region's two longest and most traveled highways, well inside the urban area of its biggest city. The idea was to create a two-level interchange in order to maximize the number of spots where I could use smooth curves and RHW-4 grade connection ramps.

The area around the highway is one of the largest wide-open green spaces in the urban area, something a bit ironic when you consider that it's also the most dangerous for people and wildlife to enjoy. At least the plants and trees thrive there, in the eye of the commuter storm.

(Click for full size)

This was actually my first full 4-way RHW interchange. I don't think it turned out too badly all things considered, although it is a fair bit larger than I had perhaps hoped. Any suggestions on things I could have done better would be appreciated.
Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.

Indiana Joe

Eh, not bad...for a first one... $%Grinno$%

Looks very much like something you'd see IRL.  Well done!

noahclem

@ tomatentobi - Nice! Keep at it and you'll be a top-notch RHW builder! Very nice work by Vernado as well :)

Gugu3

APSMS

One based on a familiar interchange found here
Click for full size!

And yes, that's a river in the middle of the two sides of the freeway.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Gugu3

Pioneer

Gugu3