• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Looks nice Data7!

If I were to make a suggestion it would be this:

(very rough)

It would make the EB to NB ramp straighter and more direct and would also enable you to put the EB to SB and SB to WB ramps a little closer to the centre of the interchange, making it a little smaller.

data7

Thanks Gugu3 and Haljackey.
I know I could save more space doing this intechange. And there's way to do so, but maybe next time ;) I used medium city tile like it's nothing, borders are very close to first on/off ramps.
Making this intechange in actual city tile will require heavy brainstorm to make it tight and useful.

eggman121

Great work data7. Its almost like the interchange that I built in my region.  :thumbsup:

Here is an interchange to show what can be done with NAM31.2

can't wait to see more...

-eggman121

Durfsurn

That is....

Nope there isnt a word for it :O

Swordmaster

Gugu3

What to say eggman???this is simply awesome!

Shroud

eggman that is nothing short of awesome!

solovinodelmal

wow eggman, I'm speechleess, very inspiring...

so basically, I've been trying to build all the massive interchanges on my region that I couldn't or wouldn't build before NAM 31.2, here's another one with 3 motorways intersecting (tried to avoid the 6-way interchange approach for being too unrealistic, instead tried to think of a 4-way interchange all the time):

Cheers!

Pioneer

I haven't seen an elevated spui ever since Tarkus put out the RHW 5 video a few years back, until now... when I made one myself...

reduced pic width -Willy

Haljackey

Wow, very nice work guys!

Quote from: Pioneer on November 24, 2013, 12:57:00 PM
I haven't seen an elevated spui ever since Tarkus put out the RHW 5 video a few years back, until now... when I made one myself...

I built one not too long ago for my SC4 video series.

Click for full size

Raw:

With eyecandy/development:

I like your use of the smooth L0 to L2 transitions! I did not have enough room for those :P

Gugu3

Pioneer

An odd-looking parclo i I built...

That darn UDI icon got through

reduced pic width -Willy

solovinodelmal

I tried to build a box/divided volleyball interchange but with trough lanes in the middle so I don't really know what this is but it sure "has a considerable footprint and a large amount of unusable space in the centre".

I don't know if I'm going to keep it, too massive and alters my original planned grid design, i guess it is the one and only time I try to build one of these.

Cheers!

Durfsurn

Nice work guys - I have a few pics to share.

First a rural T-Intersection:

And a close up:

And also I made this wavy 4-way, rural, not quite full access intersection:

reduced pic width -Willy

Pioneer

A bridge approach with large parclo...

reduced pic width -Willy

Geometry123

Quote from: eggman121 on November 20, 2013, 10:11:58 PM
Great work data7. Its almost like the interchange that I built in my region.  :thumbsup:

Here is an interchange to show what can be done with NAM31.2

<snip>

can't wait to see more...

-eggman121

WOW!!! INSTASTEAL!!!  $%Grinno$%

Pioneer: Nice parclo/dumbbell hybrid. ;D

Great work everyone!  &apls
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It's impossible to make grid-breaking interchanges, or is it? :P

reduced pic width -Willy
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Swordmaster

Those are all great interchanges folks. Nice work!

However, if I may remind everyone the maximum picture width is 1024px. You can easily stick with this by adding [img width=1024] in the tag.

Cheers
Willy

Flatron

A small parclo on the main interregional road through my newest, italian styled city of Bardolino. Neither big nor fancy, but I think it turned out quite nicely with the Mountain in the back.

Pioneer

A parclo on a toll road

click for full size

EDIT - Resized the picture, please remember the maximum image width allowed is 1024pixels. - Arthur/moderator.