• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your small towns

Started by wouanagaine, January 31, 2007, 05:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kody_organmaster

Here is one of my new small town called Elbertson!
--Kody

Risu

Impressive realism! :)

I see you got the tree replacement mod too? :D

Terring7

My version of Kensington. The town originally made by Maxis, but inspired by the Mother Tower Project, I made this...

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

wishfulanthony

Bump.

[Terring] That looks like more of a large town than a small town in my opinion, but it sure looks impressive to me. What's the BAT you got on the first pic -- that massive blue building with holes on them next to some agricultural fields?
Tony
Urban Studies and Planning
San Francisco State University ยท UC Berkeley

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mike3775

Quote from: wishfulanthony on November 30, 2011, 12:55:08 AM
Bump.

[Terring] That looks like more of a large town than a small town in my opinion, but it sure looks impressive to me. What's the BAT you got on the first pic -- that massive blue building with holes on them next to some agricultural fields?

To me, the definition of a small town is a population less than 20K.  I base that on where I live, which the latest census shows has a population of 14K, and is run by a town board.  According to the state laws, my town is classified as a class I town(the largest possible) and run by an elected town board with 7 districts, 2 of them at large, but it could also be classified as a class III city(the smallest city possible) and have a mayor, a 7 member town board with 3 at large seats(meaning it would only have 4 districts).  In 2008 elections, it was put to a vote, and the citizens of the town voted down by a 2-1 margin on becoming a class III city and instead to remain a town, but the town board then hired a town manager who answers to the town board, but is the main spokesperson for the town, meaning that he is the face of the town.  My town has a mixture of farming, small business, and is mainly houses with a few apartment complexes spread around the town, and has 35 miles of streets in its boundary.    In Simcity terms, my town would be considered a big city and already have huge demands for more and more commercial and industrial, even though in real life, my town has very little of that and the main jobs are located in other towns/cities.

I like the town Terring, looks great

jerred_p

Well, this is one of the first times I've shared my cities on here.  I hope you enjoy.  I create "realistic" style cities with every possible retail and restaurant, hotel and commercial services....depending on the size of the city. 

Now, with that being said, I welcome YOU to the town of "Manchester".  POP: 9,124.  This is outer lying town in the "Lawrenceburg" metropolitan area.  It has yet to be "taken in" and swallowed by the urban sprawl so it attracts those that like the "small town" feel.  It was established in the the late 1800's and serves as the "government seat" of this area.

ENJOY!

Sky view of the town:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/jerred_p/Manchester6.png

And another, a little closer:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/jerred_p/Manchester5.png

Older homes in downtown area:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/jerred_p/Manchester4.png

The 4 lane splits as you approach historic downtown:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/jerred_p/Manchester3.png

Courthouse and TownSquare:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/jerred_p/Manchester2.png

Another view of downtown:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/jerred_p/Manchester1.png

THANK YOU!  MORE TO COME!  To see more, stay tuned for my "Lawrenceburg" metro tour!

EDIT - Please remember to post your pictures in Jpeg format, as per the forum rules. - Arthur / Moderator.

noahclem

Really nice! I like how smoothly the hills in the area have been incorporated (something that can often be a real challenge).

mike3775

Great little town you have there Jerred.  I really like the way the main drag splits in half for the downtown, and you have the RHW as a sort of bypass for the town

scott1964

Piterdaw1

mike3775

Quote from: Piterdaw1 on December 09, 2011, 01:23:27 AM
To much of maxis !

Thaty never bothers me, because not everyone wants to download huge lots and multiple dependencies either.  My sister has SimCity 4 and she has never downloaded anything user created.  She has seen me play the game with all my downloaded stuff and mods, and she doesn't want to go through the hassles of downloading alot of stuff to play a game.

Terring7

Maxis buildings are not so bad. Of course I block them because they don't fit in my cities... or relot them to fit better, but still Maxis buildings aren't that bad
The Choice is Ours
---

mike3775

Quote from: Terring7 on December 14, 2011, 12:20:48 PM
Maxis buildings are not so bad. Of course I block them because they don't fit in my cities... or relot them to fit better, but still Maxis buildings aren't that bad

I block all residential maxis buildings, don't for Industrial and Commercial, but have thought about doing it for the other two, but never got around to doing it though, because I really do not mind maxis Com and Ind buildings

theblacksheep

my humid tropical small town, named Buana Jaya

mike3775

Looks like you need to fire your transportation advisor for not having better timing on those traffic lights  :)
I also pity those poor people living in them houses towards the bottom on the lower imagine, dealing with that pollution  :)

Looks good blacksheep

Dantes

@theblacksheep: The tropical humid and hot atmosphere comes across great.  :thumbsup:

Please visit my MD  :)

metasmurf

jmyers2043

@ Metasmurf

I don't know how big your small town is. The picture you posted looks smallish, and I guess that is what counts.

Great shot.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

metasmurf

Quote from: jmyers2043 on January 29, 2012, 08:06:23 PM
@ Metasmurf

I don't know how big your small town is. The picture you posted looks smallish, and I guess that is what counts.

Great shot.

- Jim

It's around 20 000. So small/mid depending on your preferences.