• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your small towns

Started by wouanagaine, January 31, 2007, 05:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikeaut1

Wow what nice work Khiyana!!!! Beautiful subway area too!

eljacko

Khiyana, that looks very nice, although I am somewhat curious how small a town can be when it has a subway station.

Anyway, here's a small town I built right on the edge of a tile, near a larger city.  Unfortunately not all the industrial has been built yet.

click to see full size.
- el jacko and such

Ennedi

Khiyana,

I agree with TTC. Very good work of you.
I especially like the last picture. You have some buildings from different styles here (sorry for bad English...), but color shifting (less saturation?) works very well. All buildings look well fitted now.
I like also the ground on the slope. It looks very good, also the viewpoint and trail park.
Subway station on the roundabout - no problem. It looks very well in the small city centre. Maybe it is not an underground staion at all?  ;)

eljacko: very nice place. Maybe remove some industrial zones and make some small commercials instead?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Khiyana on May 14, 2007, 01:57:56 PM
Thank you TTC, Badsim and sebes, I'm very glad that you like my town  ()stsfd() !
@Badsim: I will see, if I find some more nice pictures  ;)
@ sebes: Yes, that is a really big cat, but I don't know from where I got this statue... &mmm

The cat is my cousin and he told me that he was the model for the statue :thumbsup:

Eljacko: Lovely pic but i agree with ennedi for changing industrial to commercial. it would look  better I think but still its a great pic.

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Travis

Great pictures everyone! I think I'll throw one of mine in...

:thumbsup:

bat

Fantastic work and great picture @ both!  :thumbsup: Great small towns! :thumbsup:

Mikeaut1

eljacko  - Now that's just awesome!!! I love how the small town just sits there at the edge of the water!

Travis - WOW!! I'm really liking that village area! How'd you get those little pathways coming off the street into the set back houses? That's really nice!  :thumbsup:

Travis

Thanks everyone! Mikeaut, they are a part of PEG's memorial drive kit, found Here.

jordanmac

This is the downtown area for a small town I've been working on lately named Rockwell Valley. The picture is really outdated and old. I'd post a more updated picture but the CD drive on my computer is busted and without the CD, I can't load the game to take any pictures...

Right now, the downtown area still looks similar to this, but it's a little denser and there are more trees.

sEAhAwk fAn121

Im Back!
A town from my MD

Oskaloosa

buckbeach

Quote from: sEAhAwk fAn121 on June 07, 2007, 12:52:01 PM
Im Back!
A town from my MD

Oskaloosa

Why, why, why would we who enjoy our game would give up this to start over with a brand new product SC5 or whatever it's going to be called.  Nice small town.

szarkoz

Few pictures from a quite big project that I'm not supposed to tell you anything about yet :)

If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

wilko_1978

Congratulations to everybody! Your work is amazing and very inspiring for me.

These are my pictures from a small country called Derrickfalls Town. It's only 2.500 inhabitants but it's full of services.

I hope you like!

Between two roads you can observe a mid-residential area, surrounded by a elementary school and several commercial stores.

To the left, you can see a mid-class neighborhood, Upper Falls trains station and further on the Church of the Sacred Mantel and the local cemetery.

The municipal water treatment plant is summoned in a mostly industrial area. To the right is located the football stadium of Derrickfalls Devils Football Club.

The Derrick Lane Stadium is the home of the Derrickfalls Devils Football Club. To the front is located the George Marvell elementary school  and the Blogh Inn Pub. Far away, the Municipal Bank.

wouanagaine

Very nice !  &apls &apls

(clic to enlarge )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Antoine

excellent wouanagaine !!! ( c'est quoi la taille de l'ecran ^^ )

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Antoine

Ennedi

szarkoz,
You showed very interesting pictures (at least for me). You created a typical polish rural landscape. I think about:
1. The shape of residential zones. These are not regular rows or another kind of square grid - houses are built along streets or make irregular groups.
2. Small and stretched out fields, some of them irregular. They look completely different from american and other large fields. It is also typical for Poland (and maybe some other european countries, especially in Eastern Europe).
3. Fields on slopes. It makes very interesting effect. As I know, Jeronij makes something similar in his Great Canyon region, but I don't know anybody else who makes something like this.
A little suggestion: try to make some paths/dirt roads between fields - not too much. Use more space - the effect will be much better. Try to make some small, smooth hills and cover them completely by fields, making road/path in the valley. (of course it's only my opinion - you decide). I like your work  :thumbsup:

wilko_1978: Very nice climate of these pictures. Also, nice couple of buildings and good planning  :thumbsup:

wouanagaine: very good - as always  &apls

Now some of mine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

paroch

It's my first post on here.

I've loved looking at everyone's small towns.  Great way of seeing how other people play the game and they've given me some new ideas.

Here are some pics of Dean Bay, a town of 5,500 that is next to the capital of my Dornelles region.  Commuters travel to the big city by elevated rail or ferry.  There is some industry and farming in town for those who don't want to travel too far to work.

Central to this bay side town is the resort hotel and the beaches.  I was offered the resort hotel reward really early in the life of this town - which was nice.

You'll see there is a small boardwalk area.  the houses are low wealth at the moment, but with such a great location I am hoping they'll upgrade soon - maybe I'll put some parks in nearby to encourage them.  Maybe I also need to give them a school and clinic as they are some distance from the existing ones.

I've provided a close up of the "Wandsworth Wedge", one of my favourite buildings by GasCooker - I think his work is excellent and this buiding perched on a slight hill dropping down to the beach looks perfect there.  I can almost imagine looking out of one of those windows on the corner on a nice sunny day.

Anyway, I hope you like Dean Bay and I'd love to hear your comments and any suggestions for improvements or different ideas.

(First post, so hope the pictures are there!)

szarkoz

If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.