• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your small towns

Started by wouanagaine, January 31, 2007, 05:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rushman5

I like the ash textures with the sidewalk mod, its pretty cool effect.

XiahouDun

A little league field in a small town I've been working on. Was inspired by a recent trip through the county south of mine in Indiana. It was "farm, trees, farm, trees, house, farm... baseball complex ???, farm."
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

jayo

I'm back

Chrisadams3997

Xiahoudun:  I like it, it's got that 'quaint' feeling to it.  It's nice how the houses aren't wall to wall, spread out, lots of trees.  I used to live on a street a lot like that(sans baseball field)

Jayo:  hmm, wonder where inspiration for something like that might have come from... :P

Chris

bat

Fantastic picture of your small towns, @ both! :thumbsup:

Danthe

I present my small city Debno - it's createted to polish cooperative region SLOVINIA.

rushman5

Very unique indeed, danthe.  I like the large central square

bat

That small town is looking very great, Danthe! Wonderful pictures of it! :thumbsup:

figui

more details are needed in sorrounding area, but i already like this shot

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Chrisadams3997

Aaah! hadn't show'd up over here in a few days.  missed a few good pics.

Danthe:  I really like that town.  There's lots of diversity in the street layout and the building style is a little different from what I usually see.  Really like the market place at the town center

Figui:  Nice little port town. Though it seems like Some ting's wong there, guess they really like chinese food ;).  Simgoober'd be proud.
On a serious note, the terraforming and tree placement is really cool and really accentuate the small town feel.  It just seems to suddenly pop out of the rural landscape, then fade back into it just as quickly.  The commercials just need a little more diversity.

Chris

figui

Chrisadams3997: i took note of that. i'll be working on that next time  ;). thanks for your comments
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..

________

Chrisadams3997

Dang right you'll be working on it-I'll be watching >:D

lol, like what you're doing, keep it up

Chris

bat

A nice looking small town, figui! Great small harbor! :thumbsup:

figui

my first attempt to better my town was putting some more flora in the surrounding area to lower the sensation that the town...
Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on September 25, 2007, 10:12:16 PM
suddenly pop out of the rural landscape, then fade back into it just as quickly.
there is more work to do, i had less than half an hour to play sc4 today..

i also changed some commercials to have some variation.
hope this one is (at least) a little better than the previous ;)

side note: how do i post bigger pictures? i can't get them to show other way than this previews (i know this links you to the bigger one, but i'd like to post the pictures that size).

________

mr.v

in center city

zoom out to see all. :)

and this city is in top right of this region.

see? ;D  :D
oops. don't kick me haha  $%Grinno$%

sorry for image size

MOD EDIT: To reduce the image size just add "width=1024" to the img tag ;). I did it this time for you - Fred

figui

wow, great region shot!
and your town looks nice too :thumbsup:

________

Ennedi

@mr.v: Very nice pictures, I like their colors and composition, very nice using of trees! :thumbsup:
And the region shot is really impressive!
PS. You can turn off the grid simply pressing "G"

@figui: I see your pictures in some threads and they are all very good! :thumbsup:
Maybe you would like to think about your own MD?  :)

Btw, if you want to post bigger pictures, look at codes wchich apeear in the Imageshack window when you upload the picture. One of them is described "Direct link to the image". This is the right code, paste it into the picture tag. If you are not sure, try to paste various codes and look at the result at the preview :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

mr.v

figui : thanks  :)
ennedi, i always use grid and i forget when i capture these pics. :D

figui

Ennedi: thanks, i feel flattered!

about an md: i think i don't have too much time to do so, due to RL &mmm. i' hoping to finish my studies this year, so exams will have to be the priority ;). maybe after that ::)

about posting the pictures: thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

________

tkirch

All of these pictures are a true inspiration.  I am adding what i hope may inspire someone.  You will hopefully soon see a MD with these in.  Here are pictures from two small towns on the same large map.

MILLS POND

The Eastern edge of town

The Western Edge of Town

Two Close up shots

A pull out view so you can see where it is located

And just an overview of Freemont, a little bit bigger than Mills Pond