• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Well, well- the day has finally arrived...

Over the next 48 hours, we'll be accepting volunteers for the test.  You volunteer by letting me know here in 3RR that you'd like to do that.  In return, I'll send you through the email address you've registered under at SC4D a beta test set.  By agreeing to participate as a beta tester, you agree to meet the following expectations.

1) Please use the beta test pieces aggressively.  Employ them on slopes, in cities, next to other stuff, at the end of wide curves, next to intersections, on hills and uneven terrain- all that.  Try to make them break or otherwise fail, and keep track if they do.  Note anything else that doesn't work or gets dodgy in connection with their use, or anything you just flat out don't like, and 2) write those issues down as running notes.  You don't need to send them to me as you find stuff; you can aggregate them over the period of the test so long as submit them by the end. Finally, 3) you have to post a few pics of the things you do with them that you like the best here in 3RR.  You are, of course, free to do anything else you want with them in your own work, but I'd appreciate a couple of 'I did that with the Wide Road and Rail Curves/FAR/FARR' pics for the rest of us at 3RR to look at.

The beta test period will run through Friday, October 10, 2008.  We do want a final report, to include any comments you have as to appearance and suggestions to make them better (be aware that I am just now completing Euro road textures).  I'd also ask for suggestions, prioritized if possible, for additional pieces in the final report.  Not just generic suggestions, mind you (i.e.: Intersections!).  I need to know what, if you could only have one additional piece, you would want most.  Then, if two, what and, if you're feeling really helpful, three.

That all make sense?  Thanks for helping out.  I'll send the test sets out as the posts come in.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

un1

Me, me, me, me.  ;D

I mean, I wan't to test it out.

-un1

metasmurf

I would love to take them for a spin  ::) I would also like to dry the FAR road thingies, if possible :)

Also, do I even have to mention the awesomeness of this ? :)

EDITThis is the whole kit and kaboodle, my friend.  Road, rail, crossings- you name it. -DE

metarvo

I would be honored to be given the chance to test these, David.:)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

threestooges

Seeing as how I never got around to the alpha test (really sorry about that by the way, hate to use the excuse but...law school) I would like to give the beta a whirl. As far as the RAM team stuff goes, the credit all goes to Dave, Jonathan, and Dirk, and you too David. I'm just a rail fan who got to watch and add a few things here and there.

Speaking of which, you mentioned teasers...

Does this count? Still slow progress on it, but I'll get it done, mark my words.

As for Helena... well, what can I say? I guess they call it a throne for a reason. Sorry for the potty humor, just needed a break from writing this office memo. Was that sign on a rotation with other things, or was that it? Hope all is well.
-Matt

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Pat

Hey Toxic this is an open beta test if you want to do it just let David know like I am now stating that I want tooooo please if you can find it in your grace to send me another set of beta's and for that I will bestow many wonderful pics of the roads curving and rails winding  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Streetlight 725

Nice Rail curves! &apls
Can i be a beta tester?

bakerton

David, I would like to be a beta tester and I will be using them big time. I will not disapoint you at all my dear man. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Ennedi

It would be a great pleasure to test them  ;D
I can guarantee an aggressive, unusual and unexpected use of this stuff  :D

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

sithlrd98

I also would like to give em a try!

Jayson

nerdly_dood

Add one more to your beta testers list. I have an update of nerdly_cities (my MD) coming soon, but it's not ready for FAR or FARR though, because all I have left before I can update is the airport, everything else is final. (The particular city doesnt' have much room for FAR or FARR anyway... it's kinda crowded)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

thundercrack83

Put me down, David--I'll help out where I can!

dragonshardz

Count me in, David!

~~dragonshardz~~

Jmouse

I'd like to give it a try. With a long-running project of my own nearly complete and a bit more time to spend, I'm just starting a new test region and would be glad to work on the beta team.

Later...
Joan

debutterfly

there's a lot of places in some of my regions that could use some gridless constraints.  ;) (hint: beta tester please)  :D

Haljackey

I tested the alpha,
So I'd like to test the beta!
And if there's a gamma, I'll test it too!

Best,
-Haljackey

CasperVg

Good to see that's it's out for public beta. However, I do not apply for testing it, due to the fact that I have little time to spare (read: to write a proper report). I hope everyone who does test it, has fun with it, it's really great.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Toichus Maximus

I'm with Casper. I'd be thrilled, but don't feel I've got the time to give any test justice what with my paper. Can't wait to see what everyone else does though!

dedgren

The first batch of beta test files is out.

If you've put in a request below this post and don't have a small email in your box wrapped in plain brown paper and bearing a postmark from afar- well, shoot me a PM and we'll fix that.

I, as noted elsewhere, love the fall.  Anywhere.

But Montana in the fall is particularly nice.

Later.

David

138568 - We'll top 20,000 page views this month.  Thanks so much once again.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax