• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Rail

Started by vester, June 09, 2010, 04:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Here is a new project of mine. Something I have had my eyes on for some time, ever since it was moved to make room for a ferry terminal.

Frihavnen Staion:

Here is how far I got so far:

Today it's places in a new devolved area with residential and offices and works as a cafe.

vester

Here is an update:

Still a lot to do on this one, but it's starting to take shape.

turtle

Hi Vester,
Good work and choice of building. Looks like it is pretty close to the real thing. also, it should be very versatile in terms of usability ingame.
IRL I pass by this area often, and I like that this building is being preserved in the midst of all those new (some of them soulless) buildings there. If its being preserved IRL, then why not in SC4 too  ;)
My name is Thomas...

CasperVg

Looking great already, Arne! The recreation looks really good and I'm looking forward to another freight station  :D
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

kwakelaar

vester

I am glad you like my work.

Here is an update:

The stair case is in place.

As you can see, I am trying out different textures for the walls.

TheTeaCat

Wow looks absolutely superb Arne.

Considering what you first showed me and now we have this - it looks amazing.
Really looking forward to having this in my plugins  :thumbsup:

Derry

edit:
Really like the texturing on the stairs, very nice detailing indeed.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

vester

Thanks Derry.

Here is an update:

Only a few things to add, like lights to the outside:

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

tag_one

Wow!!! Fantastic work Arne! The brick textures work very well with the timber frame structure  &apls :thumbsup:

vester

Here is a couple of in-game pictures after resizing the staion:

xxdita

manchou

My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

vester

Here is a small command post by the same architect as both Frihavnens Station and Østerport Station (Eastgate): Heinrich Wenck.
As you can see he has a long list of stations on his c.v.

Command post at Klampenborg Station.

Luke09

Hey,very nice job!Your stations are great,and this command post wouldn't be different  :thumbsup:
I have a request to you  ::) .Could you make a maintanence center for the GLR?If you dont know what im saying,its the place where they fix the broken trains,change trains,do maintenance stuff...anyway,i hope you continue your impressive job.
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

vester

Did a GLR-depot!

VDK Swan Mill Tramdepot.

Does that count ? There is a maintenance center in the corner.
Might need to do an update of it for the new shorter trains.

Luke09

Hum...that looks interesting,yes it counts  :thumbsup: .And updates are always welcome
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

SC4BOY

Enjoy your bat and nice attention to detail.. I'd forgotten in our (US) old rail stations (hardly see one anymore.. they are handled in private transfers now as they rarely are moved to trucks first as they used to be) that the doors were always GREEN.. especially all freight doors.. brought back memories that are over 50 years old. :) That station could just as easily be spotted repeatedly in Smalltown USA along the many miles of rails. In the US rail stations would also frequently be built "on a pattern" so you'd see the same station many times with little more changed than the station's name.
  Almost all the numerous stations were wooden rather than brick.. you'd see a brick one sometimes near larger, older towns.

Girafe

I really like your work, which is awesome. Very good BAT, what we can find in north of France too.
I wait for the lotting but it seems to be excellent   ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Well the station was turned over to TheTeaCat, but he had a bike crash.

Hope soon to get this one out.

Have added some stairs to it.

Subway / stairs.