• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Church of Our Lady, Copenhagen

Started by vester, August 08, 2011, 03:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lior

Nice BAT, very good work!! Looking forward to its release!!

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Quote from: Girafe on September 14, 2011, 05:17:31 AM
1. This texture is nice but I will incrase the contrast a little bit and add dirty stains.

2. You could model the cornice which add more details and could be visible.

3. gutter could be a nice addition too.

4. lot of details around the door like the fronton

5. Balustrade could be nice.

6. Bevel this part

7. Add another texture on this small cornice (white / grey could add diversity).

Almost done:

DebussyMan

Two words: Catmull-rom

Great Bat BTW....

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

Girafe

Modelisation is nice, I think you could add few small details but I trust you for this.  ;)

Regarding the textures, to be honest I am not comfortable. So I searched sample or a released BAT with this "green roof" and got this church (Emmaus church) from our Cathedralizer.

I think it's really close to what you need maybe he kept this texture somewhere and could send it to you &Thk/(

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Well, it looks very "bat" like, but far for the RL.

Have not used the unwrap yet. Just used more textures. Think I have 4 or 5 copper textures.

Girafe

Wall texture is good but copper texture is blurred and seems to be stretched...

and the gutters  :P

project is going nicely
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

The stretched textures is just on the dome and on the roof below it. Not sure it can be avoided.

They are dome with a bend modifer and a uvw-map under it.

vester

Girafe

Really good job on the details  &apls &apls

I found this, I think you already checked it too - I found few details you can add.

http://maps.google.fr/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=church+of+our+lady+copenhagen&fb=1&gl=fr&hq=church+of+our+lady+copenhagen&hnear=church+of+our+lady+copenhagen&cid=0,0,158715376951825912&ei=BCN_TrW_HJCIhQezm70q&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAQQ_BI

With the aerial shot (even if the quality is not optimal, I think that roof tiles are strange (maybe too contrasted). Have you a good topview of the roof?

The Floraler

vester

Have add a gutter and drain pipes at the back, changed stairs so its closer to RL and some details at the top of the tower and last worked some more with the textures.

Time to add some nightlights!

vester

Gesu94

Great work  &apls
But i think that the cross on the top is too big...

Girafe

Looks good   ;)

I am not sure you need to be so dirty on the highest roof.

Did you already exported it for IG pics?
The Floraler

art128

Now that is looking reallly really well!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

peter007

Fabulous nightlighting.
It looks very real.

-Ernst