• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Roskilde Cathedral

Started by vester, March 30, 2008, 03:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

I guess you mean the window holes in the round wall.

After a suggestion from Callagrax, I used ProBoolean.
With I made a negative mesh for the holes. Then I moved the pivot (base point for an element) to the center for the building. Then I array it around and finally I used the ProBoolean.

Don't have anything progress to show, so you will have to do with the spring picture:

Citynut

I like what I see so far look forward to your next update  :thumbsup:
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

Pat

Vester love the texturing to the chapel there!!! also the RL pics...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

vester

Have started working on the western portal:

Here is a RL picture for you all to enjoy:

The small building in the foreground of the picture is a spring. There is a quite a few springs in the city.
Part of the city name means spring: Kilde = Spring

vester

Have been working on the entrance:

Still some work to be done. Need to split some of the parts in two to get the textures in place.

Another RL picture, this one from inside the church, in the southern side of the choir:

Unassigned

Impressive work and surely we need to have this national monument in an SC4 version!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

vester

Thank you.

Have been working on the western portal:

Have worked on the brick textures, removing some new bricks, which stood out from the rest. Darken a bit. There are part that still uses the lighter, but reworked texture, just to make the stand out. Areas which by the way earlier have been plastered, and if you know it you can still see traces of it.

yoshiisland2

The detailing on that Cathedral is amazing! :o  Please, don't ever stop working on my account. $%Grinno$% &apls

vester

Quote from: yoshiisland2 on May 13, 2008, 03:24:02 AM
Please, don't ever stop working on my account. $%Grinno$% &apls

Okay I will continue.....  :P

Here is a RL picture from the inside of the three big windows seen in the picture above:

vester

Have started to add details and textures to the northern tower:

Heblem

its looking great, I like the details of the windows...

the brick texture of the (small chapel?) doesn't fit with the church not sure if thats how the original is.. I suggest you using that same texture with photoshop and change the opacity to a bit darker.

take care

vester

There is a difference between the bricks use on the cathedral and on the chapel.
There is about 500 years between the northern tower and the chapel, even more with the southern tower and more as one go east toward the choir.
The chapel was built in the early 20th century, where the northern tower was finished around 1400, the southern was finish before a big fire in 1282.

Well, maybe the difference is a little to big. 

I will try darken the texture and maybe turn up the saturation.

DebussyMan

The cathedral is taking great shape. I've love the detail you've put on the towers and the chapelle  :thumbsup:

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

vester

Thanks DebussyMan.

Here is an update picture:

Done with the western wall on the northern tower, except the "crown".
Have also added windows to the chapels and then I have add a little extra.
I think you should have a look for yourself and see what I am talking about.

Have changed uvw map for the brick texture to 150 %.

Unassigned

The textured bits look very much like the real thing. &apls

Soon as I'm able I'll go have a look at the cathedral & bring my laptop so I can compare it to your amazing work.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Andreas

It's probably a bit too saturated for the game, but wow, that's photorealistic. :)
Andreas

vester

Quote from: Unassigned on May 27, 2008, 11:40:45 AM
The textured bits look very much like the real thing. &apls
I cut it out of a picture of the cathedral. Did a little copy and paste, to cover some newly replaced bricks.

Maybe some light from another angle would help you see it. It's one of the few things not in shades.

Andreas, at the moment I just modelling. Later I will work some more on the textures.

BarbyW

This is looking excellent and I love the detailing you are doing.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

TheTeaCat

fabulously stunning work here &apls

I'm very impressed by what you have achieved so far. Wonderful detailing too &apls &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

vester

Thanks Barby and TTC

Zooming in:

Well it was the ladder on the back side of the chapel I was thinking of. It's for the fire fighters, so they can get access to the roof construction.