• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Prestine Landscape (Terrain Works)

Started by Lowkee33, September 14, 2010, 08:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Hi Carl,

I am currently trying out your terrain mod and I love it. There is only one small thing: I would like to have more snow on the mountain peaks, so that the terrain does not shine through. Is there an easy way for me to achieve this?
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Rayden

There are two easy ways to achieve that, either you play with the terrain height max value and set it to the same max height of your map, or you can play with the string TemperatureRangeFactor, or something like that. Sorry I can't remember now (I'm at work) the exact names of those strings, that are located on the main file of the terrain mod. If you have troubles on finding them let me know and later when I get back home I can let you know the correct names.

Lowkee33

Thanks Rayden.

Temperature Range Factor would be my choice  (That is the difference between the "normal" and "high" versions of the mod).  The higher the TempRangeFactor, the higher the snow line will be.

Rayden

Quote from: Lowkee33 on March 22, 2012, 09:57:29 AM
Thanks Rayden.

Temperature Range Factor would be my choice  (That is the difference between the "normal" and "high" versions of the mod).  The higher the TempRangeFactor, the higher the snow line will be.
I also play with that one most of the times, but I prefer the TerrainMaxHeight because if set properly will maintain visible all the terrain texture layers. If your mod is set to 3000 mts for instance and the terrain max height it's only 1800, you probably loose all the textures above that height, including the snow ones that are the last ones on the list (highest ones). So, I usually play either with one or the other or both at the same time. ;)
Of course in some terrains there is some textures that usually don't apply, but it gives a nice variety on terrain levels having all those textures available.

RickD

Many thanks to both of you. It is indeed easy to modify these two values. Now I need to play around with them to get a feel for the effects. I think I will find a good result eventually.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Mr_Maison

Beautiful mod Lowkee33! And thanks for your help over at Simtrop.

Carny

Hello, :)
First of all, sorry in advance for my poor english.
Now, the point: I need help with the Appalachian terrain mod. :|

For some reason, the game crashes to desktop during the load of any city tile of the region.
I tried to load the game only with an empty plugins folder, with only the terrain mod and relative texture file installed, but it keeps to crash.

In my zz_terrain folder (the one in plugins folder) i have exactly the same files suggested in the "readme", nothing else, so i'm gonna suppose it's a texture problem with my video card\resolution\settings. Any suggestion about?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Bye. :)

whatevermind

Quote from: Carny on January 29, 2013, 05:22:20 PM
For some reason, the game crashes to desktop during the load of any city tile of the region.

You need to have your graphics in hardware mode to use the Appalachian Terrain Mod since it uses HD textures.

Jsthreadgill

I'm trying to use the Mac version of the mod Lowkee33 created but whenever I start a city in Mayor mode the game freezes. I've made sure that the graphics are rendering from the hardware and tried removing all other plugins. I also have the dependencies and followed the "installation" instructions... :/

Apool987

Hello Lowkee and congrats for this awesome mod !

I've seen that you want picture with water from MAC version with your mod in action. So let me show you the picture I've taken :

Let me know if you want better pictures.

See you soon !