• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simcoug

My little rain dance worked  :D

I am really excited about the FAR versions - will you be including standard diagonal versions as well?  With the latest NAM, combined with more diagonal and FAR models (such as yours) I think we can truly announce the death of the SC4 grid. 

I feel like a kid in a candy store with each of your updates.  If you ever need any testing, lotting or modding help, I will be happy to offer my services. 

Time to once again hold my breath until the next update  :)

vortext

Quote from: Simcoug on June 23, 2013, 11:11:41 AM
I am really excited about the FAR versions - will you be including standard diagonal versions as well?

Same excitement and question here.

Also pretty stoked about the R$$ w2w BATs. Dare I ask for diagonal and FAR? Guess I just did. .

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

Wonderful! I don't need to tell you I love this style. FA buildings are always great (even in normal setups).

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Beautiful work again  &apls  I love the different architectural styles and it's especially great you've done FA bats  :thumbsup:

c.p.

Thanks RepublicMaster, Simcoug, vortext, Willy and noah!

In answer to the questions about the FAR/diagonal versions, my plan is to make one FAR or diagonal rotation for each of the building designs (although a few of them might be orthogonal only).  So for example, the "Tarheel" (shown below) will have a clockwise FAR-2 version, but not a FAR-3 version or diagonal version or counter-clockwise FAR-2 version.  There will actually be 4 of the clockwise FAR-2 versions though, because I will be making a whitish clapboard version, a more colorful clapboard version, a brick version, and a "seaside" version, similar to what I showed in the second post of this thread.

Once all the buildings (residential, commercial and industrial) in this project are taken together, there should be several for each of the (currently) possible rotations.

So, now I'm back at work on this. :)  Originally I wasn't going to make any small R$ houses for this project, since I already have a pack of them on the LEX, but since my old R$ houses don't abandon, I decided to make a bunch of new ones that do:

Swordmaster

This is splendid, as we are used to seeing here Brian. Can't even pick a favorite.

How's the weather forecast over there? Let me try and talk to the Chinese for one of those rain rockets, so I can let it rain over you a couple weeks ;D

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

New R$ 19th century homes... that abandon... with garages... and include diagonal/FAR versions? 
I'm having flashbacks to when I was 6 years old and trying to fall asleep on Christmas Eve.
The anticipation is killing me  :D

c.p.

Thanks Willy and Simcoug for your support :)

Willy: The rain rocket must have malfunctioned.  It's snowing here, not raining  $%Grinno$%

I've started bringing the latest batches of residential buildings into the game, so thought I'd show a few screenshots.

R$$ Duplexes (from previous page):

R$ houses and duplexes (mostly duplexes).  This area is medium density zoned, early in its development:

A couple of R$ houses with garages (low density zoned).  The one on the right is abandoned, because I accidently destroyed some of the roads in the area.

kelis

What a beautiufl houses !! I like so much the result !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

Yes, these look great. I love the subdued color palette, and how well the hues combine with the flora. Little works of art, if I may say so.

Cheers
Willy

Delecto

Absolutely wonderfull set of houses.  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

Willy nailed it - those colors and textures really blend beautifully with your flora.  I also really like the addition of the garages. I'm guessing everything will be getting the C.P. 'prop family' treatment (like your previous 19th century sets).

APSMS

The abandoned house looks...abandoned. That's a great idea. Houses actually look abandoned instead of just dirty (since when do homes get dirty when left alone? I haven't cleaned the outside of my house in years!) The boarded up windows is a nice touch, though I suppose it may be harder to spot when they do abandon.

Reminds me of New England, though. Almost to a T.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

whatevermind

These are beautiful. Your excellent work continues!

Quote from: APSMS on November 04, 2013, 02:21:03 PM
Reminds me of New England, though. Almost to a T.
I've been thinking the same thing. Between the new maps and new buildings, we'll be doing realistic replicas of small New England towns in no time.  ;D

mattb325

These are just fantastic! I love the colour palette  &apls

Jack_wilds

popping in to see what teasers and progress is occurring... and its all good and promising!... looking forward to adding them to my sim-cities... enjoy what your mixing up... it will make for photogenic scenes in game...  :thumbsup:    &apls     :satisfied:

c.p.

Thanks kelis, Antoine, Willy, Delecto, Simcoug, APSMS, whatevermind, Matt and Jack_wilds  ;D

Simcoug: Yep, if there are multiple models with the same footprint, they'll be in prop families.

APSMS and whatevermind: New England and the Ohio River valley have been my biggest sources of inspiration lately (via Google Street View).  The city that has captured my imagination the most is probably New Bedford, MA.  It is absolutely packed with Greek Revival and Italianate residential buildings (as well as being the setting for part of Herman Mellville's novel, Moby Dick).  It's also where I got the idea to make a "seaside" version of many of the buildings.  But I've gotten ideas/inspiration from many other older cities as well (Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Portland Maine, New London CT, Baltimore, New Bern NC, to name a few).

Matt:  It's great to see you here!  I didn't see any recent BATs of yours on the LEX, and I was worried you may have disappeared/retired. 

Jack Wilds: thanks for popping in.  It's progressing slowly, but surely.

Since I don't have many R$$ single-family houses in the set yet, and my previously released R$$ houses don't abandon, I decided to make some new ones.  So here is a new batch of R$$ houses, fresh out of the oven:

The "Acushnet" and "Webster" are actually duplexes, rather than single-family houses.  My plan for duplexes (in case anyone is interested) is to not use them on Stage 1 or 2 Low Density lots, but they can be on Stage 3 Low Density lots.  They can also be used on medium density lots of any stage.

Simcoug

And it keeps getting better  :thumbsup:

I really like decorative details around the roofs!

And the duplexes will be a nice addition - that is a building size you don't see a whole lot of in SC4 (although quite common in RL).

c.p.

Thanks SimCoug.  I've got more of those "Carpenter Gothic" style buildings I'll be making too.

So, I've been making building models like a madman lately. :D Here's a fresh batch of R$$ multifamily and Cs$$ building models to add to the set: