• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BartonThinks

Another fantastic addition, Matt. Grabbed this one as soon as I could.

On an unrelated note, I had a small question that I hope I'm not out of line in asking. Your Cottages Ornee series from some years back has a number of non-orthogonal models -- is there any chance that you'd be interested in releasing ortho versions of these houses in a future prop pack for other LOTters?

They're easily my favorite set of BATs for R$$ areas, but in the types of cities I try to model in SC4, there tend to be very few homes that that aren't square to the road. As a result, I rarely end up using some of the best BATs from those two packs (e.g., the Dover the Essex - pardon the error, the Radford, the Radcliffe, the Pomeroy, etc.).

Apologies if this kind of request is a little gauche (or if you repeatedly get this request from other posters). Considering how many of your BATs already occupy my plugins folder, I hope this question doesn't come across as ungrateful or anything like that.

Lilith

Matt, you are a machine. A machine that does beautiful and spectacular jobs.  :D

I am really amazed by the quality of your works.

Congratulations

mattb325

Thanks guys (Lilith - it's great to see you back  :thumbsup:)

@BartonThinks. I have often thought about rendering some of those old houses in a basic ortho alignment. I made the files a very, very loooong time ago - in GMAX - I think I have them on a back up drive somewhere. It's probably something I'll do once my 3dsMax license runs out in 15 month's time (as that will be the end of batting me for me as no versions after 3dsMax 2017 are compatible with SC4).

But in the meantime, I've released another BAT: hungry jacks

Here:
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=4002

Also, another 'ye olde worlde' bat - a meeting hall designed to viewed in the round

to add to the upcoming releases....

I must be going through a olde worlde phase  ::) $%Grinno$%

Girafe

Looks great Matt  :)
Don't worry for 3dsmax, let me know once your license is over  $%#Ninj2
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

gn_leugim

Quote from: mattb325 on September 28, 2020, 01:15:32 AM
@BartonThinks. I have often thought about rendering some of those old houses in a basic ortho alignment. I made the files a very, very loooong time ago - in GMAX - I think I have them on a back up drive somewhere. It's probably something I'll do once my 3dsMax license runs out in 15 month's time (as that will be the end of batting me for me as no versions after 3dsMax 2017 are compatible with SC4).

Great job one again!

why end?? you made awesome bats with gmax also, don't see the point in stopping because of that  &mmm

Edit: placed my onw text outside the quote  "$Deal"$

BartonThinks

Quote from: mattb325 on September 28, 2020, 01:15:32 AM@BartonThinks. I have often thought about rendering some of those old houses in a basic ortho alignment. I made the files a very, very loooong time ago - in GMAX - I think I have them on a back up drive somewhere. It's probably something I'll do once my 3dsMax license runs out in 15 month's time (as that will be the end of batting me for me as no versions after 3dsMax 2017 are compatible with SC4).
That's great to hear about the houses. I'll just need to be patient.  :)

Also -- floored by the meeting hall. I spent maybe 10+ hours trying to find something in this vein a few months ago. It's perfect.

fantozzi

After more than one year away from SC4 I'll be busy for one week to download and to marvel at all your contributions I missed.

In the meantime I want to thank you for the L46 plaza. Apart from the many things SC4 can be, you can use it also as your personal history book, or album or memorial, to create lots to remember you of something sad or happy in history and your life. You can even create lots that remember you of your wedding aniversary in case you need it.

So downloading L46 plaza today – you gave me another moving example that SC4 is so much more than just a game. You, Matt, didn't fill it only with beautiful addons, with exceptional game content but also with history. Thank you for making my game so rich and deep.

Badsim

Hi Matt,

I don't know why you ceased to supply your thread at Devotion (that's not a question ... :P ) Be that as it may, that's tens and tens  of uploads on the STEX and the LEX since your last post here, with striking BATs, outstanding LOTs, ingenious ideas, and, like has underlined it fantozzi, your tributes to various sad or happy world events are highly apreciated.  While being the BATer active since the longer(2012 for the STEX, February 2007 for the LEX), you became the most profilic, eclectic and talented  SC4 custom content creator to date, so, I feel a bit ashamed to do not take time to comment your work.( But it's not either like if I have something useful to say that you don't already know... $%Grinno$%)

... +1, that's  what I can at least take time to do .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

fantozzi

Thank you for the IBM campus Stuttgart. Like your approach of a big ploppable civic and some single buildings for grow.

Many people know it under the name "Eiermann Campus" as it was designed by the legendary architect Egon Eiermann who has even his own stamp in germany:

One has to imagine this big areal was abbandoned for about 7 years and was looking wildness

At least the city council of Stuttgart was so desparate they discussed to make it a big refugee camp.

It's a perfect example what a pain to a city can it be when those big investors come and go. Maybe you heared of the tesla giga factory in Brandenburg (near Berlin)?

It's build in a water reserve and forest area - several million people get their water from there. All for the jobs.

Thank you Matt for doing this very interesting piece - again interesting and worth thinking about in several ways.

Maybe i should do a IHT-relot to bring back the good old times? When the Sim City series still was young and IBM was hot and sexy? But your lotting is already perfect. Nothing to add from my side.

art128

Matt, any idea why the PIMX does this error whenever I try moving your tower's props?

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Hi Art

Not sure why it's giving an error (it's very hard to make out the text - it looks like something along the lines of 'stroke character not defined' I actually don't know what that means....I didn't use any special characters in the name, if that's what the error means)

It doesn't throw an error for me in either the pim-x or the lot editor:

There are four lots in the upload: two of which have '(1)' after them. To test something out, can you try the one that doesn't have the (1) at the end of the name and see if your pim-x likes that one better?

fantozzi

Pim-X requires the Microsoft Visual C libraries (some dlls from it, if I remember right). While everything stays the same around SC4 since 2003 those libraries have seen a lot of updates and new versions.If one of you gets an error message and the other one not, one can ask: where is the difference? Most likely you may have different versions of the c++ redistributable. Just some guessing.

art128

It seem to be doing it as well to the other lots.
I have all the DLL, and as for MS Visual C here is what I have installed on my computer:

you can right click the image to see them in full size.

Hm. Seeing as this seem more of a PIMX issue I will be taking this to the support threads over there.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog