• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

praiodan's workbench / general discussion

Started by praiodan, December 16, 2006, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

The main façade is looking beautiful. Another gem in the making  ;)

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

praiodan

Thank you very much guys!  :)

Currently I'm overly busy with working on my thesis (entering a critical phase now ... but I will hand it in at the end of July), so only very few progress here. In fact, I am still trying to better grasp Max 2014 and the render settings and how to adjust texture accordingly, this was a very rough first shot.

A question to those who are a little more familiar with the recent BAT version... Are there render setups you could recommend or is the preset just fine? I really have not the slightest idea about this technical stuff anymore.  :-[

vester

Quote from: praiodan on June 10, 2017, 10:46:01 AM
In fact, I am still trying to better grasp Max 2014 and the render settings and how to adjust texture accordingly, this was a very rough first shot.

Will take a look at my settings tomorrow. Been a while since I rendered any thing out.
Arthur could maybe be of some assistance as I got advice from him on setting it up.
He might have posted something about it as well.

Think there might be some problems with the gamma correction.
There were a fix posted somewhere for it.

BTW: Keep your copy of the installation files for 2014 safe, as with at least 2016 bat4max don't work.
Think it might be the same with 2015.

2nd BTW: I collected  series of youtube channels with Max tutorials. You can find it here.

Great work.  :thumbsup:

mattb325

It's looking good!

I'm using 2014 - with Simfoxes' bat4max.

First, as Arne suggested, get the gamma fix:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28998-bat4maxv5-3ds-max-2014-gamma-fix/

Then, these are the steps I take whenever I open a new scene:
1). Set the grids & snaps
2). Click 'let there be light' and set the sky +day
3). Then go to the rendering tab and select the render set up option
4). Once in the Render set up, I click on the Global Illumination tab and select the 'Skylight Illumination from Final Gather (FG)' radio button
5) Still within the Render set up tab, I then click on the renderer tab and select 'Classic Raytraced' from the dropdown box.
6) This is a crucial step - and it's thanks to art128 (see attached picture) and it involves dragging an instance of the MR Physical Sky and setting the ground colour to avoid blurred edges.
7) Whenever you click on the Maxis Nite or Dark Nite buttons, you need to repeat steps 4 & 5

Fun
::)

Akallan

The facade you have done is very beautiful, I can not wait to see the building finished. This style of architecture is very good! :)
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

c.p.

The building is looking good so far :thumbsup:
I'm using very old versions of both 3dsmax and bat4max, so I'm not sure if this is still relevant for your versions.  But if you have the background color appearing at the edges of the building, try this:  Customize->Preference Settings->Rendering->Don't Anitalias against background.  Checking the box eliminates the problem.