• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Rooker an awsome last few updates sorry i missed them... This last update was great as welll i loved 8.0 as it has that real feel to it

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kimcar

:thumbsup: Great update again . Look like a very realistic downtown  &apls

rooker1

Hello all,
What a great start to the summer, at least where I am, in Toronto.  Great weather, barbeques, friends and beer, nothing better!

Anyways just quick update no replies right now, I'll do that later.

Please enjoy and comment away.
Enjoy your summer the best you can, it's only here for a short while.

Bye for now,

Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Nardo69

Nice and logic layout for the railways. the switches are placed where they need to be, no unnecessary  collection of switches. Good work! &apls  :thumbsup:

I just would have a standard rail between the passenger station and the railyard for passing freight trains and to keep the people on the platform a bit further away from the freight cars.  ;)

And I really like the layout of that rural buddybud - bridge with the "island" in the middle!  :)

Keep the great work!

Take care and make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

bat

A wonderful "sunken" railway, rooker1! Great station! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Hello all,

Time for some replies,

Snaper, thanks for stopin in and it's good you like the last update.
flame1396, nice to see a new name.  I thought the parking in behind the buildings was a good idea.  Glad you think so also.
thundercrack83, good to hear that my MD gives some pleasure.  Hope to hear from you again.
patfirefghtr, Hi, how are you, and no need for any apologies, you are all caught up now, just don't ever miss another update again......hehehe ;).  As fro picture 8.0, is it the park you like or the japanese bats.  If it's the park, I am doing my best to include more and more parks in my cities.  Sometimes I forget them!
kimcar, thanks for the comment.  That's the one I'm looking for.  I try to make my cites as realistic as possible.
bat, Thanks alot, I thought a sunken railway would look alot nicer.  Glad some one else agrees.

Nardo69, Now I skipped you on purpose.  I saw your last update with the rail lines and rail yard.  I really like how you set it all up.  Great work.  As you already know I am going for realism.  I tried my best to make it very logical and not too much.  It is very easy to get carried away with rail lines and switches.  So when you say there should be one common line for frieght and passenger....this is what I have, but you are suggestting it should be between the passenger station and the freight station.  I have obviously posted some pics.  Have a look a tell me what you think, please. Or if anyone else has any suggestions, they are always welcomed here.

I guess I could move the frieght cars down one square and put the new line there.  Is this what you mean?

Call me Robin, please.

rooker1

Good evening,

Another quick update.........

Good night and please enjoy......

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Great new pictures of the downtown and railway! :thumbsup:

Nardo69

Sorry for not posting earlier ...  /wrrd%&

Yes - that is what I meant, move the freight yard one tile away.

Anyway that is one of the best big railway station I saw until now!  &apls

Good layout on these innercity avenues. And I like the Beton wall at the avenue tunnel - nice ugly ...  :D

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Outstanding update, Robin! I love that tunnel coming into the city with the walls behind it, and the baseball stadium looks fantastic! Keep up the excellent work, my friend!

Pat

LoL well i did miss a few updates again Robin sowwies RL...  BUT wow that railyard is a beauty and i really enjoyed the rail underpass... BTW yes its the parks i enjoyed... see you next time - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kimcar

&apls Sorry for a late comment , my eyes still looking the pic 9.1 . I love it . Look so real. for sure the other are nice too ...but this one is my favorite. :thumbsup:

rooker1

Hello all,

Replies,

bat, always nice to see you, glad you like it.
Nardo69, (Bernhard),   no apologies neccessary my friend.  I always say showing up soon or later is better than not showing up at all.  I moved the line over one square and next update I'll show you a pic.  As for the rail way station, I have a plan to do another one much larger and based off google earth pics.  The wall I used over the tunnel is by Marrast.  I always wanted to use it but never found a good opportunity until then.  See you soon.
thundercrack83, nice to hear from you.  As I said to Bernhard, I finally found a chance to use Marrast lot.  I think it turned out perfect.  I too like the baseball stadium bat itself, but I think I am going to relot it in LE.  I don't like all the grass.  You'll have to keep stoppin by to see it in one of the next updates.
patfirefghtr, no sowwies needed just show up on time next time......hehehe, just kidding.  The rial yard was a lot of work and I am very proud of how it turned out, and I'm glad you like it as well.  I have to keep that in mind about the parks, I always forget them.....hmmmm.  See you soon.
kimcar, Better late than never my friend.  I think if you liked that pic you'll like thie pics in this update, I have just about finished that area and that's what this update shows.

Enjoy these pics for now and I'll update when I can.

Think about this,

Diane Arbus once said, "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know."

Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Robin those was some very great pictures indeed... I so loved the first one as it so truely like a good shot with the shadows and what nots its perfect...  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tooheys

Very impressive. I like what I see, especially the RR. :thumbsup:

The area looks well planned and your pictures are great.

Can't wait to see more.

Cheers

Dave

thundercrack83

God, I love those factories--and your railroads! Great update, Robin! Keep up the good work!

bat

Great pictures of the factories and railroads! Great work! :thumbsup:

kimcar

&apls Nice railway layout . It`s not easy to do and you got it . Great job. :thumbsup:

rooker1

I had a chance to play this evening and now I have time to do a quick update.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by.....

That's it for now,

But I'll leave you with this thought,
Gandhi said "Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever."

;)

Bye for now
Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

WoW Robin that was a real great update and i love that qoute from Gandhi - pat