• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Jayson (sithlrd98), my friend- you are way too modest...

Folks, Jayson PMd me a bit ago alerting me to the problem with the upload.  While I was spinning around trying to figure out what the hey, he spotted the issue- a partial file full of textures that Jonathan (Warrior) sent me that I mistook for a wholesale replacement.  The DL is fixed now, with all the textures in place.  This is what is so great about 3RR- all of you out there keeping me straight.

Thanks again, Jayson!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

abcvs

:: cough ::

Um yes hello my name is Craig and I have finally caught up on the one or twelve pages that I was behind...

Now all I need to do is sort which are which of the emails...

I was looking for any mention of whether the STR beta test supports LHD...  is there a patch for us lefties yet?  

superhands

Quotegaston-   So far this is my only problem.   But I'll keep looking.  (evil laugh)    Sorry about the tool bar but this is my favorite test city and I forgot to turn it off.

atm.. str draggable is only RUL'D for the basic switches. later releases should see this included. however, how it is atm, forces the user to make realistic junctions using the farr. :)

kalanc69

Hey David,

Congrats on 2 years man! I can't believe it has been that long since I first dropped my jaw at the sight of 3RR! You have really changed the way I play the game, and the realism you have added to the game is almost unmatchable! Take care this Holiday Season, and enjoy the nice Texas weather before you head back to Alaska!

Glazert

This is almost too trivial to mention, but the "Ram Set 1 - Single Track Rail" menu item refers at the end to using "the TAB key to cycle through the different types of diagonal street helper pieces". Diagonal street  ???

EDITGood eye, my friend!  Cut-and-paste will be the death of us all.  Fixed in the next beta update. -DE

Ryan B.

Quote from: Glazert on December 23, 2008, 08:07:20 AM
This is almost too trivial to mention, but the "Ram Set 1 - Single Track Rail" menu item refers at the end to using "the TAB key to cycle through the different types of diagonal street helper pieces". Diagonal street  ???

Every little bit helps!   :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

De-bugging seems to be going swimmingly, so I thought I'd just share some of my tinkering with the STR...

The STR is wonderful, David! Just wonderful!

Hope all is well with you, my friend!

Dustin

EDITAnd I said that SC4 was not a model railroad simulator...  That's classic, Dustin! -DE

sithlrd98

Quote from: thundercrack83 on December 23, 2008, 01:03:21 PM
De-bugging seems to be going swimmingly, so I thought I'd just share some of my tinkering with the STR...

The STR is wonderful, David! Just wonderful!
Hope all is well with you, my friend!
Dustin

I love this pic!!!  :D

Jayson

vester

Dustin: Seems like you are having fun. Stop that !!!  ;)

allan_kuan1992

we're close to breaking a milestone soon =O actually maybe two... or three...

- Allan Kuan

bwatterud

Just a thought, it would be nice to have the STR smooth curve pieces act as starter pieces (if it's possible (I think it is)), specifically the 45 degree curves and switches, because as it is, you either have to use the diagonal filler pieces, or have a non-smooth curve somewhere on the network. 

EDITBrad, that's a great idea- I plan to brainstorm how this might be done with Jonathan (Warrior) and Alex (Tarkus) over the next few days.  It makes too much sense to pass up implementing if we can make it work. -DE

frdrcklim

Lol. And the train goes round and round like a merry-go-round  :D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

dedgren

Our last night in Texas- we celebrated by eating out at a Sonic [linkie].

And then I came back to the hotel and celebrated by completing the last rail puzzle piece I plan to do for quite a while.

With this, the road and rail pieces I started talking about this past September are all complete.  There's additions to the FAR and the FARR, plus the wide radius dual rail switches.

Plus the STR.

Plus the Country Road pieces.

I had no idea I'd be working on this for three months.  I had to learn how to create puzzle pieces in order to get this done- that task gave me infinite appreciation for the talents of folks like Alex (Tarkus) and Jason (jplumbley), who have forgotten more about transit modding than I'll ever hope to learn.  It's been an amazing experience, but I'm looking forward to getting back to 3RR.

Speaking of 3RR, sometime shortly, probably on the 26th, we'll pass 200,000 page views- becoming far and away the most looked at Mayors' Diary/City Journal/Development Thread/Whatever the Heck It Is of all time.  Let's see who can guess where 3RR will wind up at, page view-wise, at the stroke of midnight, Alaska time (GMT-9), on December 31.  Submit your prediction on a post here before midnight Alaska time on December 27th, and we'll see who gets closest.  I'll PM my guess tomorrow to Dustin (thundercrack83)- that'll keep me honest.  No editing your guesses once made, please.  Who knows what will await he or she who gets the closest.

Off to hit the hay.  Check your email boxes, beta testers!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

David, I'm jealous.  I crave Sonic like you wouldn't believe.  Being a native Texan, it's tough seeing the commercials for Sonic up here in New York, and there not being any.

I really need a Sonicburger right about now.

OP EDIT:  Seems fitting to me that another milestone post - in this case my 400th - is right here.  Feels like home to me.

allan_kuan1992

hmm... can i join the testing network? =O

I'm happy to declare myself able to run SimCity 4 Deluxe again after so many months of not being able to...

- Allan Kuan

EDIT: The number above is NOT a guess, but just a count of page views.

FrankU

Every new pageview I do on 3RR makes me wish to wait for a new region to be started when the FARR, STR etc come available. Untill then there is no more to do than just count pageviews, and play around with my exiting regions.

My guess: 200001.

And a Happy New Year! &apls

MandelSoft

A mountain of work you've done, David! Keep on going  :thumbsup:

Best,
Maarten

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

Nice testing there of the STR! And your stuff looks great, David!

And my guess is 200200 views...

metarvo

Once again, a long trip brings out the best in you.  It seems as though these trips are quite productive.  :)  Great work, David!  :thumbsup:

As for the prediction...

&Thk/(

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mike_eminidis

Hello all!

I have a problem with BSC Cleanitol Tool! Once I installed and used it, it showed out, (during gameplay always) all my game menu tools twice! Why? Do you have the same problem? Please answer if possible!

EDITHi, my friend.  I'm no Cleanitol expert by a long shot, but I bet if you post your question here [linkie] someone will help you sort out your issue fairly quickly.  Good luck. -DE