• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Definition Props and Textures - Discussion thread

Started by mightygoose, March 28, 2009, 01:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Quote from: SimFox on April 19, 2009, 06:08:42 AM

As for he S3d
fist I think you should may be correct the arrows... as the way they are now it is very confusing...

Speaking of the matter, the model appears to be rotated (only appears) because in S3d files coordinate system is rotated 90 degrees around X axis.

So what do you want this new script to do? to rotate the model automatically and then export it as 3ds?
Hello again,

I totally forgot about this  :-[  ::) ....

The pictures are not mine, I just posted them because it was the closer example I found about this  ;D

Short answer to your question: Yes. Something like that would be great to export automata and puzzle pieces models  :thumbsup: 

perhaps is there any open source script which can be modified to suit this particular need ?? <-- just to save some time  ;D

anyway, this is not that much important because only a limited number of modders would make use of this, and there are other work arounds for the process. If I should choose, I'd vote for the HD Props / MAX integration scripts first  ;D  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

SimFox

Actually that is ready - (max HD) but it is a part of the update of my Bat4max 2.5.
I need some time to write an introduction/explanation/Change log.

I hope to do it tonight, but that is still just a hope rather than plan.

Bobbi

Hello everybody :)

I want to learn how to make HD Props, but where's the tutorial?¿?¿?¿ ()what()

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

SimFox

there is no special tutorial, as there is no special way, really. The only difference is a use of a special Tool.
This tool for GMAX BAT is available in a first message on page 12 of this thread.
The tool for Bat4Max will be available shortly (in few days, I'd say) Keep track on this thread as I'll announce it here.

Otherwise you make it as any other prop. Remember it will be only as good as you make it.

Ennedi

The new HD rock texture in Zoom 6:

More in Shosaloza tonight  ;D

Adam

Edit: It could have even better quality, but it is also enlarged to cover a larger area and avoid repetitions
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

SimsReporter

Hey, i really love how this high definition stuff is going along...but im sorry to burst your bubble but Develpement is actually spelled "Development"  :P
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

SimsReporter

Quote from: Haljackey on April 19, 2009, 07:51:04 PM
O...M...G...

That's fantastic!  So cool!   :D

Imagine what the big dig would of looked like  :o
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

Quote from: SimsReporter on April 26, 2009, 02:47:15 PM
Imagine what the big dig would of looked like  :o

Its not too late for that...  :satisfied:

Amazing work as always!

MAS71

Hello Mightygoose , all of mayors and creators.  :)
Thank you for a finding and reports with this nice method ! It's so good !  &apls

I'd try to make big textures(.fsh) with this way and upload a pic here. ;)
I made fsh files two kind of size "256 x 256" , "512 x 512" and changed it with default fsh file "128x128".

Yes, That's good !! :thumbsup:

However, A display-monitor I using now is not wide "1024x768" now.
so I don't able to view not wide area at zoom 5(or 6).... :P
I want more big display-monitor for enjoy more wide scene with high-resolutions in the SC4. ;D

--- out of topic
ah,,,sorry to post about other tipic. ;D
I'd try to make HD-PROPs with SimFox's script.

This is innovative technique very fantastically as well !!  &apls

Thank you.
-Mas'71

sithlrd98

Oooh,Mas san! I am glad you are taking interest in this! Your works look amazing now , but after seeing what your HD textures look like , I'm very excited!

Jayson

mightygoose

mas great work, but you can clearly see the compression errors using the 512 for a lot textures, the 256's look brilliant and the props look great too.  :thumbsup:
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Bobbi

@Mas71さん
This is very great. I learned it today. :D

MAS71

Quote from: Mightygoosebut you can clearly see the compression errors using the 512 for a lot textures
Oh,,,I see. I read posts in old pages and I could understand it well. ;)
A best of size of fsh for zoom 6 is 256 x 256.
It's ok ? ;)
Thanks again for this nice topic. ;)

@Sithled98-san , Pat-san and Bobbi-san
Hahaha... :D Thank you for your words. ;)
I'll try to re-make them (Texture and PROPs of the Walls Pack 2) when I get a HD's scripts of 3ds-max. ;)

by the way....
I don' have a "Photo Shop" so I don't able to try to a method of Buddybud' tutrial. :P
In this case, I used a "FiSHMan" for make fsh-file and changed them with a "iliveReader".

Does anyone let me know other tool to make fsh or more better method ? ()what()

Thank you for reading. ;)

Bobbi

@Mas71さん
Also the JRP. Its details is very good.
If you remake them ,it'll be more perfect than before. :thumbsup:

Quote from: MAS71 on April 28, 2009, 01:20:01 AM
Does anyone let me know other tool to make fsh or more better method ? ()what()
I only know those tools,not another.  &mmm

sithlrd98

Hello Mas san. You can always try the Gimp(GNU Image Manipulation Program) It is free and has a lot of support,however it also has a steep learning curve(at least for me!)

Jayson

Gwail

Hello, Masuda-san!

Photoshop is a software for editing picture. As you have to make somehow your bitmaps with similiar software, there is no need to change it. Looking at all your work I have to say there is definitely no need to change  :thumbsup:.

For FSH editing there are still FiSHman / Reader or some new simplier software (made by Jayson and null45, if I recall correctly).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

MAS71

@Sithlrd98 san
Thank you for links and introduce a nice tool. :)
I'll try to use it later. ;)

@Gwail san
oh yes, I had misreading again about a tutrial. :-[ I'm sorry....
and I understand well to editing FSH files with a FiSHMan and a ilveReader.
Thank you for your kind advices Gwail san. ;)

beutelschlurf

moin guys,

fantastic work everybody ...  :thumbsup:
i've got a question though ... shall we do buildings in HD from now ... or better not?
i ask because my english is not as good to understand everything you talking about ... :P
are you guys doing your buildings in HD?

thanx
b_schlurf