• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Congratulations on your OSITM--and even more for your promotion to GM  :bnn:  You'll do an excellent job with both I'm sure :)

Already grabbed the Rowans, thanks a lot, and I'm quite happy with the way the Eucalyptus look now, especially in light of Matt's comment. Looking forward to the rest of the 4-in-1  :thumbsup:

art128

Nice trees, Antoine. Thanks for the release! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

Thank you Antoine  :bnn:
I use your trees extensively in my cities....they are the best!!

Sim
________________________________________________________________________________

Girafe

Thanks a lot for the comments  :)

@ Noah, ty, hope I will do a good job as GM  ::)

For today, I show you my WIP regarding the new design of Parisian bus shelter. Already implemented in Paris for few months now.
I think I will add these 2 models to the Parisian bus shelter family already uploaded to the LEX

I am still not sure about the render of the vegetal roof  &Thk/(

I will put another advertisement picture for one of the models to add diversity, if you have any in mind, feel free to post   ;)

I heard about a third version with solar panel but did not find any picture of real life shelter - maybe it will be installed later, anyway there is no sun in Paris  :P

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

I don't understand why RATP keeps putting money for new designs... The old one and even older one were seriously better than this one.

Anyway, great modeling as usual. I like the green roof, actually.

Props & Texture Catalog

c.p.

Belated congrats on the OSITM &apls

The new trees look great as always. :thumbsup:

I like the idea of the green roof on the bus shelters.  I wonder if in-game they might look like planters in some situations.

APSMS

Well, some more iconic looking eucalyptus trees would be nice, done in the new standard. Jeronij's are a bit dated now, compared to c.p. and yours, so they kinda stand out a bit when I use them.

That being said, rainforest Eucalyptus are not unwelcome, and maybe some clever texture editing will allow you to make one model look like two different variants? Or I am speaking out of turn; I know next to nothing about model texturing.

Thanks for the Rowan trees btw. They look excellent, and more variety is always a good thing in SC4.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

noahclem

Great work with the bus shelters  &apls  I recently read we're doing the same with the green ones here too and I like the way yours look. Any chance we could get tram stop versions? Maybe include a mirrored version and one without the side walls for that purpose? Diagonals could be useful too ;)

Terring7

Bus shelters with green roofs? Bring them on!! &hlp
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Bipin

Those green roofs are too good. Love 'em!  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

Great looking bus shelters... as c.p. said, the greenery would also look fantastic on it's own as a planter bed prop  :thumbsup:

seraf

I like the modeling and how the shelters look, although I have mixed feelings about the idea itself :D Anyway - great work :)

Girafe

Thanks a lot for your nice comments  ;)

@ Arthur, yes a waste of money, the only good thing with this new design is the USB charger but useless for SC4  ;D

@ Noah, if I am right, the bus shelters are not building but props, then you could add many as you want in a tram station  :P
I will keep the same for this new ones, in fact I will just add them to the props family. Besides I started a RATP tram station but the result is currently ugly, so i will not show anything  %wrd
Regarding a diag version for the shelter, yes it s easy but I am afraid about the amount of work with the road texture + bus zebras  &Thk/(

I did as well a simple RATP bus shelter (small one) really convenient for street but I don t remember why I did not include it to my package, I have to dig up this story &Thk/( &Thk/(

For tonight, I will show 2 little flora I am currently working on:

Dandelion flowers, I pretty sure everybody blow them during childhood  :P:

I developed long time ago hedges props, but today I would like to do an additional set, I am more thinking about an MMPS this time, based on the same system than Orange Aubrac walls. However I am still uncertain with the MMPS, not sure it is so useful for an hedge  &Thk/(

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Hedges would definitely be welcome. It could work as MMP in similar fashion as CP's Lodgepole MMP, i.e. 8 meter stretches in various angles.

Also like the green roof, maybe seasonal bus shelter?!  $%Grinno$%

The dandelions look great. So happy to see you making flora again!  :thumbsup: &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mgb204

Your seasonal hedges are great, what I've always pined for though was some diagonal variants, dare I say it some FAR ones too.

Dandelions would be another useful addition, it's not like you can ever have too much variety when it comes to flora.

manga rivotra

Use hedges as MMP is a great idea because it will make lots and in game scenes with a far less linear aspect, I think it is a real and important addition to realism and to "break" the grid.
So thanks you !  :thumbsup:

mattb325

I definitely like the idea of hedges as an MMP, and these look great  :thumbsup:

matias93

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

seraf

Oh yes, the hedge looks very niiice  &apls ... and you say it's seasonal?  ;D