• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Trains Timing Out During Mission Question

Started by Starmanw402007, February 17, 2008, 06:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

My Question about trains is this. Why is it that when I do a mission in trains, They Time Out Before You Even Get Started A Mission and causes your mayor rating to go down? I usuall tend to make my tracks to go from One end of the City to the other. Connecting to the other Cities I will have in the future of SC4 LOL. I've also been planning connecting all my cities that I create by rail. Almost as if I were playing 2 Games at 1 time:D. That is Sim City 4 And Railroad Tycoon LOL. The Other ? I have is similar. Do u know what could be Causing The trains to derail? Even though I have them all connect correctly?

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

SC4BOY

I'm not totally clear on your question. Are you saying that the timer just isn't long enough? or that it runs too fast based on the time that you SHOULD have?  Do you possibly have an AMD dual processor? I found that if you do you must either set affinity for 1 proc or install the AMD dual processor optimizer.

In my experience derails occur in only one case.. driving too fast.. if you push the speed (on the speedometer) up close to the red, they can derail on even a straight track.. if you speed up slowly and watch closely you will see the train start to wobble before it eventually derails

bwatterud

unlike the car UDI missions, the W/Up and S/Down buttons don't need to be held down to keep the train moving, and if you hold down W/Up, the train will go too fast, and derail.