• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to make side by side bridges?

Started by Sim_Idiot, April 12, 2008, 12:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim_Idiot

I know it used to be possible with some preparation, but I dont remember how to do it.

There used to be some kind of trick, or a certain way to terraform the area, to allow you to build two bridges side by side.  I think it has something to do with building two bridges with a one tile space between them, then something else involving bulldozing one or both and rebuilding two side by side. 

Does anyone know how to do this?

I remember a long time ago I had two one way bridges with a rail bridge right in the middle, with not spaces between them.  I really want to be able to do that again.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!  :)

Sim_Idiot

I distinctly remember it being draggable bridges.  Things had to be set up exactly right or it wouldnt work.

But it was soooo long ago, before Rush Hour I think, maybe that is what made it no longer possible.

HandsOn

Quote from: Warrior on April 12, 2008, 12:12:02 PM
Maybe you used lot based bridges, in which case it is possible, but normally dragging bridges it isn't possible.
Since this definitely interests me, too, I have to ask: what are "load-based" bridges, and where do I find one (or more  ;) )??

And since it is possible to have tunnels side-by-side, why not bridges?

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

SC4BOY

LOT based.. not LOAD based.. hehe .. and it means its a plop bridge.. fixed length, etc

HandsOn

Quote from: SC4BOY on April 28, 2008, 11:11:35 PM
LOT based.. not LOAD based.. hehe .. and it means its a plop bridge.. fixed length, etc
Bugger - it must'a neen a loong night, can't even read anymore.. :o

Still, haven't seen any of those either - got a link for such a bridge, by any chance?

Much obliged,

SC4BOY

no sorry.. they are rather old school.. no flexibility at all and requires precise terraforming.. generally a pain in the butt.. there may be some around.. perhaps someone else will see it and give a link.. I didn't like em even when they were more or less useful.. hehe.. now they are totally outdated.. perhaps a CJ'er will have one.. you know how those pretty boys are.. ;)

HandsOn

Know what you mean - too much trouble is not what I need - 'nuff problems with harbours. And I've never been one for asking pretty boys for anything..  ::)

Thanks, though..

SC4BOY

Just noticed I had one example as I was "running up" my cities recently.. just fyi

HandsOn

Quote from: SC4BOY on May 03, 2008, 04:01:19 AM
Just noticed I had one example as I was "running up" my cities recently.. just fyi

Great example: since its not road: how did you do it? And: can it be done with regular bridges, i.e., a highway bridge next to a rail bridge?

vester

That is done with NAM puzzle pieces.

SC4BOY

As previously discuss.. no... only "pieces" can be used.. either lots or puzzle pieces from the NAM .. I was simply illustrating a case where they MAY look side by side..

HandsOn

Quote from: vester on May 03, 2008, 04:43:50 AM
That is done with NAM puzzle pieces.
Yeah, figured that, just had never done it with rail. Shame, though..

vester

... and of course some of Buddybud's work

HandsOn

Quote from: vester on May 03, 2008, 06:45:09 AM
... and of course some of Buddybud's work
Yes, about those walls: I am wondering if I am missing something: I have the originals (Jeronji's) and BB's add-ons, yet I simply cannot get anything to work under the on-ramps. No matter how I turn them. What am I missing, doing wrong??

SC4BOY

Here's another with a different mix.. ;)  .. just stumbled across it.. the nice thing about getting old is I get to appreciate "rediscovering" all the stuff I've done before and forgotten.. lolz

jeronij

Quote from: HandsOn on May 03, 2008, 09:31:25 AM
Yes, about those walls: I am wondering if I am missing something: I have the originals (Jeronji's) and BB's add-ons, yet I simply cannot get anything to work under the on-ramps. No matter how I turn them. What am I missing, doing wrong??

There are not such standard pieces in those sets. In mine none at all. buddybud made some "fake" bridges, which have a fixed lenght, and can be placed "under" determinated NAM pieces, to make it look this way.
In the other hand, in my walls V2 I included such pieces, but are different textures  ::)

I hope this helps (at least to not waste your time  ;) )
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

dedgren

Quoteyou know how those pretty boys are...

No, my friend, not really.

I've been MD/CJing for a few years and have never seen a "game" occurrence of side by side bridges.

...of course, I might have missed one while tending to my looks...

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

HandsOn

Quote from: jeronij on May 03, 2008, 10:36:48 AM
I hope this helps (at least to not waste your time  ;) )
Not to worry, I've time enough so it can't get wasted (that's another neat thing about "getting old")  :P

But it's not the bridges, those work fine - I can't get anything under the on-ramps, which makes the sunken highways look odd. There are some pieces called "joiners" - I've yet to discover their uses; and there are pieces with fake roads or streets (hard to make out): but no matter how I place them, on-ramps aren't covered, it seems. Which is a real pity - because in urban environments, that set is ideal..

Heres's what I mean..

jeronij

bad luck....  ::) ... there are no underbridge props for these walls. As mentioned above, there are for some newer versions, but different textures.

See next reply .... ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary