• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help stopping RR from digging

Started by papab2000, December 27, 2008, 09:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papab2000

Hi,

I am having an issue where the RR tracks dig into the ground, creating to many issues to deal with. Is there a mod to stop this from happening. See pic

Thank you,
Rich

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

RippleJet

That's a result of using a slope mod that doesn't allow too steep changes per tile in the slope.
Are you perhaps using one of Adam's slope mods? ::)

papab2000

RippleJet,

I am not sure about that. What would it be named? I have a huge plugin dir and have no idea where to start looking.

Thanks,
Rich

RippleJet

Quote from: papab2000 on December 27, 2008, 10:14:36 AM
I am not sure about that. What would it be named? I have a huge plugin dir and have no idea where to start looking.

Search for ENN*.*  (anything starting with ENN). ;)

nerdly_dood

I recommend using Ennedi's "Mount" slope mod - you seem to have a smoother version... The "Mount" slope mod allows for more steep slopes and grade changes than the others, which makes it ideal for my region with mountains and plains. It's also not too unrealistically steep and erratic like the standard Maxis slopes.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

papab2000

Ok, I found this mod installed: BRF_TunnelSlopeMod-b. I took it out and that seems to have solved some of the issues. I think I will try that Mount slope mod and see what happens since I am now having issues with even small slopes plopping roads and rail. Will let you know what happens in a few.

Thanks again Ripple & nerdly

papab2000

Ok now I have tried Ennedi's slope mod and I am having this issue where the roads will not connect and I am getting no connections to residents. Any ideas? If you look close at the 2nd image there are some very strange things going on here to my SAM connections to.

RippleJet

Quote from: papab2000 on December 27, 2008, 07:08:10 PM
Ok now I have tried Ennedi's slope mod and I am having this issue where the roads will not connect and I am getting no connections to residents.

The slope along those three tiles (from the road intersection on top to the SAM starter piece), where the road doesn't connect, is simply too steep in order for Ennedi's slope mod to allow them to connect.

Quote from: papab2000 on December 27, 2008, 07:08:10 PM
If you look close at the 2nd image there are some very strange things going on here to my SAM connections to.

Those are the SAM starter pieces, which you should delete once you've dragged the SAM streets from them.

papab2000

Thanks RippleJet. Maybe if I get rid of the slope mod all together then the roads might connect on those slight slopes.

RippleJet

Quote from: papab2000 on January 01, 2009, 09:46:55 AM
Thanks RippleJet. Maybe if I get rid of the slope mod all together then the roads might connect on those slight slopes.

Probably! ;)