• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fairbanks

Started by MayorTim, October 03, 2007, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayorTim

rushman5: I did separate the CBD from the suburbs with about 3 blocks of medium density, and I have a bit mixed in with my suburbs (though admittedly not much) so I'll keep your suggestion in mind when I renovate my downtown area in a few weeks. Thanks for the comment!
canuck3360: There are 2 rinks around the University, though there really aren't many BAT's for this. Think you could point me to some?
CarmineHilton: Thanks!
bat: Thanks for the comment!
dedgren: Thanks for the comment, and the abbreviation! I've been struggling on how to abbreviate Fairbanks into 3 letters, as it's required for the SCJU wiki, among other things. FBX it is! :)
canuck3360: The Government of Fairbanks appreciates the offer, however most essential goods are now being shipped into Seattle harbor and then sent by train into Fairbanks.
SIMplMn9: Whats this? An OT post? In MY md? Please consider, for a moment, how much power the nation that is blockading your current enemy has. ;) jk!
canuck3360: Pfft. :p
patfirefghtr: To be honest, the RNAI never really had a chance. The war is so one sided, it could be compared to Peru going to war with the European Union. :p
sebes: Wow, thanks for all the support! :D
rushman5: Actually, I'm nowhere near done with the suburbs. They will expand to cover most of the peninsula, and there will be very little agriculture in this MD (unfortunately) I am going to try to include a few small towns with some farms, but I won't have much room.
dedgren: Thanks! I'm glad that this MD is catching on here, I was worried that it would fall behind a bit since it wasn't a European style cj (as most of the "Classics" are).
rooker1: Thanks for commenting, glad you liked everything!
bat: Thanks!
canuck3360: Thanks for the continued comments, I really appreciate it!

There won't be a full update till later this weekend/week, but I do have something for you guys...

First, here's a news article thats been posted at Simtrop for a few days, and that I forgot to post here. Sorry guys!  &mmm

Also, here's an up to date region view, as well as a 1:1 Scale Region Shot (Click Here!)1:1 scale region shot (click HERE!)

urban

wow, the region shoot is amazing. It's rare to find a so well palnned region :o

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

bat

Wonderful work on that part of the region! Great city! :thumbsup:

sebes

Thanks for the city-region overview MayorTim: I am only more in awe now as I already was....

&dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

MayorTim

Sorry for the long delay in updates, but I've been having problems logging on to Simtropolis for the last 4 days, and I had wanted to keep these two journals updated at relatively the same time.

Anyway, today will be a more suburban update, hopefully everyone enjoys it!

canuck3360

wow very nice udate I really like the Suburban look there very well laid out and the overview is astonishing

as for the rink question you fired back at me well I use SG's as well as buildings like Deadwoods indoor sports and buildings of scale that look like a rink for Community rinks If I ever can get it finished I have a community Rink in the BAT on my computer

Emperor Stormont

Glorious update Mayortim, I loved the region shot, it looks stunning, esp like the development conforming to land contours and hillsides, fantastic work.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

nedalezz

Wow, amazing region shot! Very realistic. I also like the first shot from the last update. The way you blend the suburbs with hills is pretty much perfect, and your selection of trees is well suited for its environment.

Zaphod

Nice!

Anyways, I went to austin recently and went through an area that made me think of this. I was thinking of the land near the packing plant industrial area, and how it could be done realistically. Just keep it semi-rural and very poor close the industries, with some newer nicer suburban sprawl on the fringes of that. This belt may be unicorporated and can have very unrestricted land use, with every kind of housing and business imaginable next door to one another
War Kittens !?

sebes

It was worth waiting for this excellent update again... splendid suburbs! The roads layout, the housestyles, the hills and the trees are all a perfect match.

And that Autobahn allong the shore must be the most scenic in the entire world...!!!  &dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rushman5

Still Fantastic!  The planning and sprawling development is sooooo real!

beskhu3epnm

You REALLY know how to lay out a city. I should hire you as a consultant for all of my projects. You've taken that part of the map and conformed an entire city to the terrain. It looks fabulous at minimum. Great work!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Great looking new pictures of Fairbanks! Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

sebes

Quote from: sebes on October 14, 2007, 04:37:13 AM
I know where this MD will be next month

Guess I was not right... I could have sworn you'd be in the Special Interest section by now. Well : if you go on in November like you did in October you'll probably be there in December (and maybe even get more exposure  ;) )
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

MT good to know that the War is soo umm yea anyways fantastic last 2 updates here... I sooo love the costal Highway.... Great Job  &apls :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tkirch

Great update.  Two things that really caught my attention was first the Castle.  Awesome work with it. 
And the second thing was I loved the picture with the BSC Civic Building.  I love the ivy growing up the back of the building, that is an awesome building and that picture just rocks!!

And one more thing I love the way the houses just fit in there.  It really looks natural.  Awesome work, just awesome.

Haljackey

not too much to say other than that these images are Fantastic! Keep up the great work, and congrats on making "One's to Watch."

I will be watching!
-Haljackey

MayorTim

Urban: Thanks!
bat: Thanks for the comment.
sebes: Glad you like everything! I really appreciate it! :)
canuck3360: Thanks! And I have SG's rinks, I'll look for more later - let me know if you ever finish your own rink, I'll be sure to use it!
belfastuniguy: Thanks!
nedalezz: Thanks for the comment!
Zaphod: I've also been thinking of ways of redoing the area - I want to do something else first, but once my next project within this region is complete I'll be fixing packingtown quite a bit.
sebes: Thanks for the continued comments!
rushman5: Thanks!
beskhu3epnm: Wow, so much praise! I really appreciate it! :)
bat: Thanks for the continued comments!
sebes: Unfortunately I've been very busy lately, so I'm not getting updates out as often as I had planned. That means a slower progressing journal, but I am trying my best. Thanks for the comment! :)
patfirefghtr: Thanks!
tkirch: Thanks! It usually takes me forever to select the perfect building for an area, but for both of these it was pretty obvious!
Haljackey: Thanks for welcoming me to the new forum! I should actually thank everyone for this, as I couldn't get here without you guys! :) I really appreciate it everyone!

And, I'm going to have to apologize - I don't have an update at this time. I've done a few things, but not much with the region since the last update, and I'm busy with other things. Expect an update sometime during the week, maybe as soon as tomorrow, but no promises.

NASCAR_Guy

Who cares it is still a great city &apls
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

SIMplMn9

Great work, old chap!

I've actually been inspired by Fairbanks, and I am currently designing my cities like that.. when you get a chance, take a look..

Fantasic work, old bean!
Proud Member of the >Censored<!
NOTE: Will probably be banned for my affiliations with the >Censored<.  If I never show again, that is why.  If one wishes for me being an >Censored< member to be banned, be it a member or staff, then make it so.