• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... Computer Desktop

Started by Shadow Assassin, May 04, 2007, 04:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilojame

My desktop changes with my mood... this is today:
  ::)

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

sim-al2

Dare I ask what the "Mafia" icon is. Tell me it's EDIT: Big Mistake: not related to our favorite group of outlaws... or at least it's only a game... :o

I see that your desktop and avatar match perfectly... ::)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Lilojame

The "Mafia" icon is a special folder where I list all my illegal operations.  $%Grinno$% Kidding of course, Its the game. I finished it months ago but my kids still like to drive the unlocked cars and try catching that freaking running "person" so it is still there (the jungest tho likes the house that you get)

Yea, I know they match.  :D I cant help myself if I like this specific squirrel.  $%Grinno$%

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

owlsinger

I'm feeling Christmasy today, it snowed last night!

'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

Pat

now that is a sweet desktop there owlsinger!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nerdly_dood

Shrunken from 1280x1024:

And no, I have not found a way to keep that square off the first icon.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Haljackey

Something from me in the Christmas theme:

My auto wallpaper changer has expired, that's why I'm getting that stupid font in the middle.  (I have over 600 1920x1200 wallpapers for my desktop.)

Click for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

Best,
-Haljackey

City Builder

Quote from: Haljackey on December 16, 2008, 03:56:39 PM
Something from me in the Christmas theme:

My auto wallpaper changer has expired, that's why I'm getting that stupid font in the middle.  (I have over 600 1920x1200 wallpapers for my desktop.)

Have you looked at this one: http://www.tropicalwares.com/wallmast.html
I know little about it, other than it seems to work on my computer and changes my wall paper every 10 minutes per my settings and it's not caused my anti virus software to alert me to anything nor my teatimer or spydoctor and has not yet nagged me to donate, pay or otherwise so far.  But do your own research because I know shareware can be laden with junk but so far so good.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

Haljackey

Hey, thanks a lot City Builder!  I'll give that one a shot!

There's no spyware or anything with my wallpaper changer.  The 30 day trial expired and I have to pay for the full version in order to get the text off my desktop.  The changer still functions though, but with a watermark until I register.

As I said, I have over 600 1920x1200 backgrounds so I set the timer to change every 1 min.  It gives me a lot of variety!

Best,
-Haljackey

CraigKingOfIreland

A mixture of two pictures both taken by me :)

MandelSoft

Recently I trasfered SC4 to my Vista PC:

Here's my current desktop: the Earth in Spore.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Jonathan

I changed mine again, now a screenshot of the last Alantis Episode from some site on the internet, though I had to edit out the Channel logo.

Jonathan

sithlrd98

Jonathan...Awesome! I think it was kinda cool to see Atlantis staring out at the Golden gate! You gotta tell me where you got that one!

Jayson

buddybud

Thought I'd show off my other modding skills....
Using a heavily modified xp, including dll, exe and htt hacks....plus reg hacks galore....fun stuff.

owlsinger

Wow, I wouldn't dare! I'm sure I'd blow something up! Looks good!  :thumbsup:

My desktop is back to 'normal' after Christmas. This is a pic I use alot. It is the cover done by Michael Whelan for the book 'Fuzzy Sapiens' by H.BeamPiper (a '60s classic soft sci-fi).

'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

pilotdaryl

Wow... it really seems that everyone's computers here have Windows Vista installed :D
What I'm about to show you is not a Vista but an XP machine, there is proof in the image:

All it took was... a few tweaks... ;D
Heck, I even got an app that gives me working Flip 3D on an XP:

Note some areas of specific text were blurred to retain privacy.
Click images for full size - 1920x1200

frdrcklim

Everyone's using vista now. I feel lonely :D. Nice desktop buddybud. I almost thought that was vista. nice hax :D.

I fixed my desktop. It's not as messed up as before.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.