• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rushman5

Ok, sorry about that post, but by advice from DTP, i tried flattening the ground, only to get the same result  &ops

the edit button did not appear for me

Tarkus

Looks like the ConsLayout section of the RULs may need adjusting.  It's kind of odd the issue doesn't happen on the Exit ramp version.

And darraghf, probably the best place to stick it is in your Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Rural Highway Mod folder.  The filename already has a "z" in front of it, so it'll load after the RHW.

-Alex (Tarkus)

j-dub

Two things, I noticed if you put the diagonal ramp down first, it doesn't make a huge watery pothole. It seems like the pothole can happen if you place it on top of already existing RHW.

Another thing, this is before I got a chance to play after the Road under MIS fix that was released, but RHW2 under El-MIS ramp seems to have the same pathing problem as the road did with the one direction facing the wrong way underneath.

deathtopumpkins

I installed the pathing fix and my RHW-6C onramps still have that section of path that flashes red... And are still nonfunctional.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on January 29, 2009, 06:11:25 PM
I installed the pathing fix and my RHW-6C onramps still have that section of path that flashes red... And are still nonfunctional.

Odd.  I'll take a look over things again. 

-Alex

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

vinlabsc3k

Tarkus, your skill are unbelivable. 10/10. :thumbsup:

I've read that u still develope other pieces, but I would know if u make more diagonal ramps, like this:

/ / Diagonal RHW
=== MIS Ramp

/ /
      / /
    /
/===
  / /
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Tarkus

Hi vinlabsc3k-

Welcome to SC4D, and that piece that you seem to have described is in fact in the works. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Erzei

Hey guys, it is only me or there is another problem with the paths?

In this case, OneWayRoads with the 2RHW puzzle piece...

I've checked all the other puzzle pieces and this os the only one with one direction, instead of two, making impossible to cross from one side to another using OWR over 2RHW

Patricius Maximus

The yellow line on the RHW needs to be on the inside of the freeway. You have them side-by-side going in the same direction.

b22rian

Quote from: Erzei on January 29, 2009, 09:06:05 PM
Hey guys, it is only me or there is another problem with the paths?

I've checked all the other puzzle pieces and this os the only one with one direction, instead of two, making impossible to cross from one side to another using OWR over 2RHW

Hi ,I think my question is somewhat related to this...
although in working with the rhw -4 rather than the rhw-2...
anyways, i was just trying to make a one way road over pass over the rhw -4...
with the 1-way road over the rhw overpass puzzle pieces.. there seems to be only 4 puzzle pieces in the rotations
when using the home/ end keys to roate through them.. this seems to account for the 4 directions of the rhw-4
going through east-west -north- and south.. But dosent there need to be 8 of them to account for a 1 way
road going in either direction..? I thought maybe some of them were left out .?

so for example i have the one way overpass coming from a north to south direction over an east -west rhw -4
the east bound puzzle piece went in fine with the pathing arrows headed in the correct direction.. But when I
go to put in the west bound puzzle piece , it seems im only given one option with the pathing arrows pointed
south to north ..?

thanks , Brian

vinlabsc3k

Thanx Tarkus for the welcome and great for the work in progress &apls.
Now a little request-critic &mmm:
I know u want make a modular system but in some cases it's useful a standard piece like a Y ramp or T interchange.
However keep up the excellent work!! &apls &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

sim-al2

The problem with standard is that nobody can agree on what is standard. Too many different interchanges exist for a "standard" intersection, and anyway plopable complete-intersections are extremely complex to implement. A few made by the NAM team for Maxis highways have taken several months to complete.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Tarkus

b22rian and Erzei, you seem to have the same problem, actually.  

Actually, the OWR-over-RHW-4 puzzle piece, just like all the other OWR-over-RHW puzzle pieces, was supposed to be pathed bi-directionally so you didn't have to worry about which way to place it.  However, it seems I didn't change that path.  (The tricky part of adding hundreds of new features into a build--keeping track of all of them. ;))  

At any rate, though, I've rebuilt the Path Fix, and it is attached below.  Here's everything it fixes:
-OWR-over-RHW-4
-EMIS-over-Road
-EMIS-over-RHW-2
-RHW-6C Ramp Style B (I'm positive on that one this time. ;))

Hopefully, that'll be the last.  

As far as pre-fab interchanges, they're not happening.  They require too much work, and I'm already propping up two large projects almost entirely by myself right now (this and the NWM). 

-Alex (Tarkus)

hyped_up_boy

thanks for the rhw and the pathfixes!  just wondering though, the new pathfix replaces the one released earlier?

Swamper77

Quote from: hyped_up_boy on January 30, 2009, 08:38:53 PM
thanks for the rhw and the pathfixes!  just wondering though, the new pathfix replaces the one released earlier?

It does. :thumbsup:

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

MandelSoft

Silly question, but can we make accelleration/decelleration lanes like the way how road turning lanes are made? This could be a great addition, mentioning the realism of the game (although it means that the ramp textured need a slight change).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

allan_kuan1992

I wonder... there are two RHW 6 networks and yet there's no way to integrate both i think xD

- Allan Kuan

j-dub

Mrtnrln, some turn lanes are planned for the RHW's future like road turning lanes. For now you can connect MIS to OWR and Avenues to do turning lanes. Its just the arrows won't be there. In real life they don't always put the arrows down, at least where I am.

chrisnhl

Hey guys! As for the new path fix, do i remove the original one before I install it?