• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramona Brie

Well, the NAM Team has done a good job hyping it.

And for that alone, you deserve applause.

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

ivo_su

I like your idea but I think it would be super if you make a similar T21 mode and RHW-8c and RHW-10C

Ivo

Blue Lightning

It will automatically work for 8C and 10C and any other C network. That's because they all use the same median tile, 0x5EC4B100.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

ivo_su

Great deserve praise and admiration.
And what you thought about prop's to light. Any colors you thought about - to me the yellow is my favorite and I even thought that the AVE-4 and the future AVE - 6 can be placed higher lamps on the  medians.

Ivo

noahclem

GDO29Anagram

Someone's been playing with T21 exemplars again... ;D
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

TJ1

LuapYllier

Hello. I am a new downloader of this addon. I was going through the tutorials trying to learn how to do these intersections.  I am unable to actually place an RH-4/MIS-1 exit ramp style A (3x2) or an RH-4/MIS-1 entrance ramp style A inside (3x2) onto an existing RH4 roadway. It will allow me to see the peices I want when hovering over open grass...but as soon as I move over to the RH4 I want it on...it converts to the opposite piece.

Is anyone else having this issue?

jdenm8

It's probably just rotated the wrong way. Use the End button to rotate the piece until it faces the way you want it to.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GDO29Anagram

@LuapYllier: I see that you're a little confused about these things, but I don't blame you; I have found the same problem as you.

The problem is that you want to place an "Inside Entrance Ramp" on top of an existing RHW-4, but it rotates back into an "Exit Ramp". That's clearly a problem with the RULs (the NAM files that control every puzzle piece and starter) that was overlooked.

Luckily, there are two methods of getting around this problem:
- Place the ramps before dragging out the RHW-4.
- Use DRIs (Draggable Ramp Interfaces) instead. The RHW-4 has an Inside A-Ramp DRI. Refer to this video to see how they're set up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SirdKOFtwzg
<INACTIVE>
-----

Opkl

Quote from: Blue Lightning on May 29, 2011, 10:04:50 AM
Lookie what I have here...

Nice, but aren't the lights a little too far apart?

LuapYllier

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 29, 2011, 05:24:12 PM
It's probably just rotated the wrong way. Use the End button to rotate the piece until it faces the way you want it to.

Thanks for the response jdenm8 but I am familliar with the method of cycling and did say that I was able to see the piece I wanted while away from the road. It just did not want to give it to me while ON the road.

GDO29anagram: Thank you for that. I was unaware that the roadway could be dragged across the existing connector piece...that worked perfectly and completed my interchange.

As a sidenote I did notice that that filter on the cycleing that is supposed to only show the useable options for whatever you are hovering over does not really work very well. It seems to often show me options that are not viable for the location for various reasons...and aparently not showing some that are.

By the way, where is the button for that draggable ramp? I can't seem to find it.

Tarkus

Quote from: LuapYllier on May 29, 2011, 05:54:52 PM
By the way, where is the button for that draggable ramp? I can't seem to find it.[/color]

There is no button for the draggable ramps . . . you just drag them, as per the video or the instructions in the RHW Readme.

There are some stability issues with the Inside draggable versions of the ramps, and while they are included, they are on an "as-is" basis and are not officially supported.

-Alex

Nego

Quote from: LuapYllier on May 29, 2011, 05:54:52 PM

By the way, where is the button for that draggable ramp? I can't seem to find it.

It's not its own button. You just use the RHW tool (first button in the Highways Menu).

LuapYllier

Quote from: Tarkus on May 29, 2011, 06:12:20 PM
There is no button for the draggable ramps . . . you just drag them, as per the video or the instructions in the RHW Readme.

There are some stability issues with the Inside draggable versions of the ramps, and while they are included, they are on an "as-is" basis and are not officially supported.

-Alex

Mine is not functioning that way at all on my RH4. It is just giving me an odd intersection of RH. I just downloaded this addon last week. I assume I am in the latest version?

EDIT: Oh ok I see now he/she actually let go of the drag after the first little segment. That was not easily apparent in the vid. There is one part I noticed that confused me though. The person built a ramp on a section of RH2 went off the screen a sec then suddenly the section all converted to an RH4...how is that done?/

GDO29Anagram

@LuapYllier: Are you sure you updated to NAM v29? RHW v4.1 requires NAM v29 to work properly.
<INACTIVE>
-----

LuapYllier

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on May 29, 2011, 06:27:00 PM
@LuapYllier: Are you sure you updated to NAM v29? RHW v4.1 requires NAM v29 to work properly.

Not an update. First instal of both NAM and RHW this past week. I got the ramp thing to work though. I didn't notice at first it was a 2 step process.

Twyla

@LuapYiller:

There are a few minor placement issues in placing ramps atop RHW - these are due to minor errors in the RUL files.  Most of these have been pointed out (and probably already corrected) though, as close as things seem to be for a new full release of RHW (barring exam schedules and what-not) - as well as what would be required for the typical user to swap out ONLY the RULs - the best advice I can offer is to try to be patient.  I'm not exactly in the loop, but suspect that the next incarnation of RHW is somewhere around one more month in the offing.

In the meanwhile, it's almost as easy to place the ramps first and drag RHW from their included starters - saves a few Simolians as well.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: LuapYllier on May 29, 2011, 06:19:37 PM
The person built a ramp on a section of RH2 went off the screen a sec then suddenly the section all converted to an RH4...how is that done?/

Simple: By placing an RHW-4 starter on top of the RHW-2.
<INACTIVE>
-----