• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monorail Master

I have a small problem with the RHW in reguards with the starter pieces. Appearently, the starter piece for the Wide RHW-2 is nowhere to be found.(The RHW-2 that looks like RHW-3 in terms of width, but middle lane is blocked to traffic.) The Wide RHW-2 is missing its starter piece. But it's not missing the puzzle pieces, transition pieces to RHW-3 and RHW-2, and the textures.

Can I please have some help with this "Missing Starter Piece" issue? I've checked all of the RHW sections of the Transportation Menu, and I'm still not able to find that starter piece  >:(   A fix would be appreciated for this problem if someone manages to find and fix the problem.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

jdenm8

WRHW-2 is not missing anything. WRHW-2 is not a draggable network (It's actually not even considered to be a network in its own right, but merely a filler between RHW-3 and either more RHW-3 or a WRHW-2 to RHW-2 transition) and this is reflected in the capacity tables {It's not listed}) as it's only intended for short sections.

There is a bug with it though, last time I checked, there was a filler piece for it in the tab loops for one of the transitions.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

frodo

Hi, I've installed NAMv30, RHWv5, NWMv2, NAM hotfix package 301 and the Euro texture replacement mod for rhw5 by mrtnrln, and there are a lot of bugs with rhw but i don't know why

jdenm8

You haven't uninstalled the old version correctly.

frodo

I've uninstalled rhw3 and 4

jdenm8

Both old versions of the RHW (If present) and old versions of the cosmetic mod. As far as I'm aware, because of naming changes, the old version will mostly load after the new version.

frodo

I used datpacker, maybe the old versions are saved in the NAM plugin compressed file, but can I delete that file without having problems with NAM?

jdenm8

As long as the backup that DatPacker saved is up to date, then you should have no issues restoring that backup. Just ensure you delete the DatPacked version and:

Do not DatPack any part of the NAM or its Plugins

Patricius Maximus

For everyone's information, very wide ramp interfaces aren't necessarily unrealistic. I just found a 5-lane exit ramp in Las Vegas. While it isn't a true x5 ramp (it actually just starts out as one lane), it demonstrates my point that really wide ramps should be in consideration for the RHW's future. This falls more under the OWR-5 category than a MIS-5/RHW-10, but I just want to show it.

MandelSoft

Yeah, but still, it's not really that common...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

Exactly. Just take RHW-4 offramp, transition it to OWR and use NWM transitions to widen it to OWR-4 or 5.

GDO29Anagram

I've said this a few times before, but the likelihood of something being added to the NAM depends on how common it is in real-life and how practical it is.

If the so-called MIS-5 TuLEP doesn't show up in enough places, it probably won't be added, though I wouldn't deny its validity... Yet.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Indiana Joe

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 23, 2012, 10:20:45 AM
I've said this a few times before, but the likelihood of something being added to the NAM depends on how common it is in real-life and how practical it is.

Based on that statement, I have to express my puzzlement over the planned inclusion of 30 meter overpasses.  I think that more oddball RHW-4 ramps would have been more useful.  But, what's done is done.  One does not simply question the NAM Team.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Indiana Joe on October 23, 2012, 01:58:30 PM
Based on that statement, I have to express my puzzlement over the planned inclusion of 30 meter overpasses.  I think that more oddball RHW-4 ramps would have been more useful.  But, what's done is done.  One does not simply question the NAM Team.

Actually, if you have a legitimate concern or bug report or actual question pertaining to development or usage, one can ask all they'd like.

The intention of 30 meter overpasses should be quite obvious: Multi-level interchanging for up to five levels, with height levels of L3 and L4 being more for going over L0, L1, and L2 networks.

And describe by what you mean by "oddball RHW-4 ramps". Do you mean the ones that are already on my chart or do you mean something that's not even available?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Additionally, we're currently redesigning the way RHW on/offramps work, so that we can offer more functionality with fewer pieces.  This should improve the user experience quite a bit in the long run, but it's shifted the focus away from "oddballs" for the time being.

-Alex

jdenm8

Not to mention that the changes will mean that the 'oddball' ramp interfaces that e can't convert to the new method (like Diagonal ones) will be much easier to find.

GMT

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on October 23, 2012, 06:40:46 AM
For everyone's information, very wide ramp interfaces aren't necessarily unrealistic. I just found a 5-lane exit ramp in Las Vegas. While it isn't a true x5 ramp (it actually just starts out as one lane), it demonstrates my point that really wide ramps should be in consideration for the RHW's future. This falls more under the OWR-5 category than a MIS-5/RHW-10, but I just want to show it.

picture omitted

unless it's a highway intersection, you'll barely find ramps beyond 2-lanes, let alone 5...
the vast majority of ramps starts out at 1 or 2 and then split to whatever number of lanes deemed necessary, just like your LV example, so I guess what we have now in terms of on/off ramps is just perfect. maybe some more transitions to a wider-than-2 setup but nothing that starts out as such

... really, it is. I swear.

Tarkus

Actually, that ramp's an X1.  If anyone wants to check it out further, it's the interchange between Interstate 15 and Flamingo Road in Las Vegas, Nevada, right next to the Bellagio [link].

It starts as an F1 off an RHW-10S, becomes 2 lanes part way down, then eventually widens out to a five-lane turn lane setup.  Looks like a job for TuLEPs to me--and a mighty fun one at that!

-Alex

mike3775

Are there any plans to have left handed exits for any of the other RHW lanes besides the RHW-4?

Tarkus

Affirmative.  The trick has been getting them to work correctly as FLEXRamps.

-Alex