• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlfromverona

That little cabin looks adorable! Wish we had places like that around here.  :)

Love the pond pics too. Set 3 of the SAM is not one I use alot, but maybe I'll have to start...

dedgren

Time to head for the barn.

Every day I start up SC4, I like to try out an idea.  Today I retextured the SAM-3 road/dirt road T-intersection.

before

after

I guess in the same sense that some people lot, I quad.

I'm still working on some briefing today.  I'll be around again late afternoon.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

io_bg

Is this a 45 degree curve??? :o It's just what I need for my rural regions!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

BigSlark

And David wins. Forever. &apls

Cheers,
Kevin

Ryan B.

As it's said in various places on my hockey message board:

You win.  [/thread]

CCFC

That is so cool, I am trying out the new STR and the switch from one dual track to another. I'll post later how it works. I'm off to play my new game that I played for the past 2 days: The Sims 2.

:3 Proud to be a 3RR Regular and SimCity 4 Fanatic :3

metarvo

Since I like to use SAM-3 as access roads for farms, I am impressed with the new additions.  That 45-degree wide curve is looking really good, David.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

threestooges

Oddly enough, I've never dl'ed the files for SAM-3 before this, but you've changed my mind here. Greenacre will be getting another transit upgrade. Sorry I've been a bit quiet around here later, but school has been keeping me a bit busier than normal. I think I'm going to really get into the game for a bit today though. These pics have inspired me. Thanks.
-Matt

thundercrack83

What can I say, David? Your brilliance is almost uncanny!

I guess in the same sense that some people lot, I quad.

You know, with your penchant for and incredible talent with the meticulous and detailed, I'm surprised we haven't seen any LE work from you...yet?

Either way, I'm sure your next move will be a great one!

Take care, my friend!

Dustin

Sheep49

Your creations never cease to impress me. STR, Plopperizer (TM), and now 45 degree, smooth curve for the SAM dirt street. This is going to be so useful for all those people who are building the access roads to farms using this kind of street (I know this since I'm one of them ;)).

Also, the new texture for the T-intersection of road and dirt street looks totally awesome. Even though I wouldn't use it, since I'm using SFBT European Roads Mod, it seems to be a real treat for all those people using original Maxis' texture. :thumbsup:

If I could suggest one thing though, would be to make that yellow lines in the interchange a very little bit fader/more transparent. It would make that one a little more realistic, since it would show that it's frequently used be the farm's owner. ;) But even that isn't much of the problem, is it?

Keep up the great work! &apls
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Albus of Garaway

Wow, those are some nice farms! I've been trying out some different techniques for making farms, but I just can't seem to figure out the right look. I'm sure I'll decide eventually...

deathtopumpkins

Whoa David, that updated SAM texture looks great, and that's a novel idea removing the low wealth textures from that SAM set 3... very nice idea.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Battlecat

Nice shots there!  Boy it would be nice to have those low wealth textures removed from the SAM, particularly the dirt roads!  I like the edges of those farms with the unplanted dirt edges. 

pvarcoe

The dirt roads are excellent.
Rural realism gets closer and closer.
Super stuff David!

homefryes

David, I have to echo all of the sentiments that everyone has been expressing in regard to your creations and enhancements. The things that you do are just fantastic.

I do have one suggestion on the T, though I'm not sure how feasible. Perhaps rounding the "corners" where the pavement transitions to dirt. Just a thought. Meanwhile, keep up the beautiful work!

— Don

EDITDon, my thoughts exactly on seeing the intersection in the game.  I will look at that, along with further blurring the yellow line per Piotr's suggestion. -DE
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

LE0

Leoland coming Spring 2009

sithlrd98

Love the ruralness! Can't wait to see some more SAM curves!

Jayson

j-dub

David I can't help notice your roads. Did you know there are such mods on this site that allow farm, and unzoned roads to have white lines, and shoulders on the side, and I know you like plopped stuff, but now I am using a mod that T-21's wooden poles/wooden lights to sides of roads, some curve pieces also have gotten this treatment too. Just thought you might be interested.

EDITComing up on 50 or so years ago, which is my frame of reference for growing up in the U.S. midwest, signage, fences, phone poles and billboards (oh, yes- plan to see billboards here soon) were about the only thing one saw along rural roads there.  Junctions with paved roads, when lit, would usually have a single wooden light pole.  I have stripped all the T-21 "stuff" out of my SAM file (for set 3 anyway) for this reason.  I may selectively add some stuff back in, but then maybe not, as the limitations inherent in T-21 props cause them to be too close to the edge of the roadway surface.  It's an interesting issue, and one I intend to look at carefully.  Thanks, my friend, for the chance to talk about this. -DE

c.p.

First of all: great work on the SAM curves. :thumbsup: I haven't got around to using the SAM much yet, but these will definitely inspire me to spend some time with it.

Second: did you, by any chance, upload the wrong file for the seasonal ploppable trees (a few pages back)?  Or maybe it's just my computer or something, but I can't get it to work.  I followed your instructions for advancing the time for each season before plopping, etc, but after running for a couple years its pretty random as to which seasons are appearing.  Also, when a tree appears, it generally stays around for two or three years before disappearing again (as opposed to the three months or so you'd expect for the length of a season). ()what()

EDITThanks, Brian, for the heads-up.  I'll clean out a plugins file tomorrow and DL, install and test the seasonal ploppable file.  Stranger things have happened, but I recollect a few comments back 10 pages or so to the effect that several folks had given them a go and not run into anything like what you have described.  Back to you tomorrow, my friend, and sorry, in any event, for the hassle. -DE

EDITNo hassle, just bafflement :D.  And no rush.  Was just going to try a little tinkering if I could get it working.  In the meantime I've got a million or so other things I can work on. ::)
I did try it with an empty plugins though, and had the same result.
. -c.p.

dedgren

Take Chris's (chrisadams3997) RRP fences...

...run 'em through the PlopperizerTM...

...well, you just never know what's going to happen around here.  Plopping these puppies is not for the faint of heart, or shaky of hand, for that matter.  It does give you that- how does one say?- added flexibility.

...are those John's (Pegasus) pines on that menu?...

Shhhhhhhh!

6,796, 6,797, 6,798, 6,799...

Later.

David

239763 - upwards of 1,000 page views in the past 24 hours- we'll be close to hitting 20k by the end of this very short month.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax